Cowboys @ Chargers Preseason Game Day Thread (PS #2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Berserker76
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    He seems so sad. lol I love his heart. He is a great man. A passionate light a fire under the asses of your players type? Just not seeing that yet. I want him to work out so bad.

I was happy to hear him say that players who don't play well will be replaced. Those are rare words to be heard from a Chargers coach. For some of these guys it is plain to see that their effort is lacking, it's not an issue with coaching. There are other ways to put the fear of God into players without ranting and raving, and that is one of them. Make an example of a few of these slackers and see if the rest get the message.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

When you say regression are you alluding to a state of learned helplessness (Martin Seligman). That makes sense to me. A lot of sense.
      I often use the term sideways instead. Just...not getting better. Like a stock that just never really goes up and mostly slightly backwards. But again i dont expect that from our starters. But the depth play last pre was real similar to what we see this year. I even used the excuse for Staley last year that the way he runs camp with so many walkthroughs....that its possible the starters are just getting so much prep that the depth guys are really showing the lack of reps. But we look worse now. This pre compared to last. Our depth.

Bringing up past preseason records is totally missing the point. I dont give a shit about the pre record. Or wins and losses. I care about the play. And i agree with coach. Its just totally unacceptable. And im pissed about it. Not sad. Its not in me to be sad about bad effort.

But hey...apparently they didnt practice like this this week so its just a fluke. I would fuck someone up for this coach. Thats how good of a guy he comes off to me. I love him as a man. I hope my son grows up to have his type of character. But im a child of the 70s. I played tackle football in the street as a kid. We got in fights during games. It was a beautiful rage.

I suspect Mack will light fires. I suspect some of our players to show that heat. But expecting it from this coach i just dont think he has that in him. He is very much like John Spanos. Soft spoken and sort of cerebral. I just dont know how players react to that. I never had a coach like that. I make a mistake i get punked on the sideline. But i think nowadays maybe thats considered to rough.

I hope theres trophies for 2nd - 10th place eventually. Id like to get one in the Charger trophy case.

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I wouldn’t care about pressers if I had the confidence that inside of the locker room he was lighting guys up. But I do t think he’s any different. He’s just an analytical guy who might not be tough enough. Belichick is a dough boy in pressers but we all know damn well he’s not having it when the cameras are off
        Yep. I agree.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Send PM

I think you have a great point Fleet. Staley needs to get tougher. It would be one thing if his teams were making the playoffs every year.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

All the hype around Kelley was bs.
            and again, no carries for Horvath?
            He might end up being the best rb2 and we wouldn't know it.
            .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
            .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
            .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
            .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
            .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
            .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
            .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
            .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
            .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Classic
              Hall Of Fame
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

Rumph had another good game so at least our depth at pass rush is good. Aside from that and Palmer becoming a damn good WR this game was awful. Its been average to awful ST play ever since Kassim Osgood left and when will anyone on this franchise ever learn to tackle?

Comment

• Classic
                Hall Of Fame
                • Dec 2014
                • Send PM

As for Staley you better have this team up and ready for the Raiders or it'll be a long season. Sean Payton is also a option come next season if this season turns out to be a failure.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                  As for Staley you better have this team up and ready for the Raiders or it'll be a long season. Sean Payton is also a option come next season if this season turns out to be a failure.
                  We have a tough start with the Raiders followed by KC the next Thursday. Two critical division games back to back to start and with the way the season ended last year the Taider game is a must win. We got manhandled against LVR in that last game and if not for Herbert’s heroics it wouldn’t have come down to the end. But make no mistake, they beat us like a rented mule for 3-3/4 quarters of that game

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    I hope Spiller can show something because Kelley and Rountree are not it
                    Crab claws for hands.
                    wu is disappointed.
                    And Justin Jackson just looked excellent for DET.
                    You are so correct.
                    LAC RB#2 is my #1 concern at this moment.
                    I do hope Staley's "no loud voices allowed in the library" tone is because he knows he must cut some people he likes.
                    There are plenty of professional NFL RBs out on the street I like and want to sign.
                    Last edited by wu-dai clan; 08-21-2022, 03:23 AM.
                    You don't know ball

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                      He seems so sad. lol I love his heart. He is a great man. A passionate light a fire under the asses of your players type? Just not seeing that yet. I want him to work out so bad.

He is fucking whispering.
                      Cut them.
                      Cut them all.
                      You don't know ball

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Stick had some bad throws.
                        He also was victimized by repeated dropped passes.
                        Sid Gillman was right.
                        If you don't have hands,
                        you are useless.
                        There was also a blatant DPI non call.
                        Officials in midseason form.
                        Not trying to excuse Stick,
                        but he is about what we can expect for a backup.
                        You don't know ball

Comment

• Fire Staley.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎