• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
    No reason LA couldn't use the Coliseum as a stopgap once (if) they finally turn the shovels. That's how they can get a team to move there in the interim.
    LA owns it. USC wants it and a few years ago they were willing to spend $100M to upgrade it but I think they wanted the city to gift it to them "as is." LA has the Coliseum and the RB to use as an interim until they can get a facility built. Not great but a stadium only takes a couple of years to build from breaking ground. I expect that the NFL would spend more to put a team (most likely teams) there than here. With two teams you would have two entities plus the NFL putting money into the pot. This made the stadium in New Jersey go through so easily - you only play half your games at home so putting two teams in a single stadium fills up your dance card.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Personally, I don't think the NFL is in a hurry to have a team move to LA. I believe they have their eyes on LA as an expansion franchise so they can charge a huge franchise fee.

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
        Personally, I don't think the NFL is in a hurry to have a team move to LA. I believe they have their eyes on LA as an expansion franchise so they can charge a huge franchise fee.
        Pretty hard to divide 33 teams into equal divisions. Can't do it with 34 either.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Why do they have to be equal? They hare have been unequal devisions in the past. The NFL is also looking to expand the playoffs. the inequality issue is lessened.

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
            Why do they have to be equal? They hare have been unequal devisions in the past. The NFL is also looking to expand the playoffs. the inequality issue is lessened.
            They would have to add two teams should they expand, not just one. There is a problem of diluting the talent level (especially at QB) and two more teams means that every owner's revenue share is reduced. I could see the owners wanting two more games per seasons as part of an expansion deal which the players are against. Scheduling is much fairer with equal divisions because two teams play 8 league games per year rather than 6 if we expand to 34. I do think the playoff formula would have to be changed since tie breakers usually start with wins in division and conference first.

Comment

• floydefisher
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • siberiacuse, ny
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
              Yeah, it doesn't happen all the time. Check out my post, above. The first line - despite re-typing it a few times - got transformed to mixed case. Actually, only the 1st letter of the first word was allowed to be upper case. Once I started my 'complaint' sentence, true mixed case returned.

This could be a tough little bug to find.
              Change modes in and out of WYSIWYG and see what happens.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X