The Chargers 2022 Breakout Player will be......................

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The Chargers 2022 Breakout Player will be......................

Hola everyone. I wanted to thank everyone for their posts throughout the offseason and training camp. Like everyone I am excited Chargers football this season!!!

Every year at this time I like to get peoples opinion on who they think the breakout player will be this year. It is always fun to read this thread at the end of the season.

I had three players in mind for this. They were Pipkins (I am glad he is starting RT and I think he will prove a lot of people wrong this year by being a decent RT), Rump (He gained a lot of good weight this offseason and I expect him to get a decent amount of playing time to give Bosa and Mack rest throughout the year.

But the player I think will be the breakout player is Nas Adderly. This is his third year and I believe he is ready to make the jump and make some game changing plays for this defense this year. He was close to a lot of big plays last year, but I believe this year is when he makes the jump.

Who does everyone else got???
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Nas.
    You don't know ball

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Palmer.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

I like 3 guys... I'll list them from most-likely to least-likely.

Josh Palmer: As last season went on, Herbert began looking Palmer's way more often. His routes are clean, he understands defensive spacing, and Herbert is trusting him more. Having KA and MW will allow Palmer to get some 1v1 on #2 and #3 CB's.

Chris Rumph: He was one of "my guys" coming out of Duke. Unfortunately he was under-sized and I knew it would take a few years to develop. I don't know what his regiment was this off-season, but he's bigger, stronger, and more explosive. He'll allow Bosa and Mack to get their breathers they deserve. All he needs are opportunities. Way to dedicate yourself to the off-season training young man!

Joshua Kelly: No more a TPB punchline. Kelly, like Rumph, dedicated himself this offseason. Bigger, quicker, stronger. I like to see hard work rewarded! Bringing in Sony Michel may limit his opportunities... but I hope he gets to prove himself. He was drafted to fit Lynn's scheme. He's adapted himself to fit Lombardi's. Respect to a man who has been denigrated by many.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Good options, I think Rumph will have the biggest change from last season. However, Palmer might be that Secret Sauce that will get a lot of attention from fantasy players.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

I’m hoping it’s Trey Pipkins

Comment

• Geezbolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Sun Valley, ID
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
              I’m hoping it’s Trey Pipkins
              Pipkins would be a dream come true. Just for fun though, I'll say Donald Parham.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

I'd say between Palmer and Adderly - guess I'd go with Palmer.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I am thinking Palmer. Everett second choice on offense.

Adderly. Rumph second choice on defense.
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

Carter. Just have a feeling his impact will be felt as a wr. He was having a lot of success in camp on tds….i like him against the bottom level cbs he may get with our starters. I think he is a mismatch.

Just looking up he is only 5’8” so a tough little wr to keep track of with low center of gravity with 4.44 speed. Poor mans Hill? I can hope!
                    Last edited by RTPbolt; 09-01-2022, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                      Carter. Just have a feeling his impact will be felt as a wr. He was having a lot of success in camp on tds….i like him against the bottom level cbs he may get with our starters. I think he is a mismatch.

Just looking up he is only 5’8” so a tough little wr to keep track of with low center of gravity. Poor mans Hill?
                      Man, he was a TD machine in the red zone in TC. Hope even a little of that runs off regular season.

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Offense: Everett in this offense will allow him to thrive.

Defense: Asante Samuel Jr has elite instinct. Now with a year under his belt the game will slow down for him.

Bold prediction: Due to talent surrounding him, Bosa takes it to another level and has a monster Defensive MVP type season.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍