• Show
Clear All
  • BigBad
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Herbert was perfect.
    Very good but not perfect. He missed Guyton on the 3rd &4 with 7:40 to go in game with the score 24-13. That TD basically ends it.

Comment

• nomad1946
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2017
      • West Yellowstone, Montana
      • Retired
      • Send PM

I have only watched the game live but I remember Herbi killing plays and then handing off to the running back. Maybe it was not all on Lombardi but what Herbi saw of the Defense he faced.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        The Chargers won a huge game. Herbert was perfect. He didn't get sacked once. The offense didn't turn over the ball. Let's enjoy that shall we?
        This^

too many positives in this one to get animated, not a joe lombardi fan myself but he’s no where near as bad as some people say…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
          Let’s also consider the fact that Keenan went down. Losing your WR1 is going to effect every team’s performance, especially when you’re talking about someone like Keenan who is tops in the league on 3rd downs.
          This too^

besides the raiders always play us tough, this was a very satisfying win that the team really needed…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Let’s also consider the fact that Keenan went down. Losing your WR1 is going to effect every team’s performance, especially when you’re talking about someone like Keenan who is tops in the league on 3rd downs.
            it wasn’t the loss of KA…..It was the constant runs on 1st and 2nd down that shutdown the 2nd half offense.

Comment

• Classic
              Hall Of Fame
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

Feel the same way. Hopefully the KA injury forces him to be more aggressive. Also Sony is finished amd Kelly is way better so far

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
                I have only watched the game live but I remember Herbi killing plays and then handing off to the running back. Maybe it was not all on Lombardi but what Herbi saw of the Defense he faced.
                Uh, that isn't going to play well with the Lombardi is killing us crowd.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
                  ~ Charger Fan ~
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Jupiter, FL
                  • Send PM

While I agree that we went a little too conservative in the 4th quarter, I don’t think it deserves a freak out. We just beat the Raiders! We’re on to the Chiefs!

Comment

• HerbieParadigm
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2022
                    • Send PM

Not to worry, yes Lombardi was predictably conservative, Chiefs on Thursday will force Herbert to Unleash Hell.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Our offense needs to have more imagination and scheme to spring our guys and get them in favorable match ups. It became clear once KA went out that we do t have any WRs who can get separation in the route tree on their own. It was also weird to me that they weren’t getting Ek the ball in space more. We don’t have explosive players on offense so we need a more creative scheme. Not sure Lombardi can provide it.

Comment

• foreigner
                        Tom Telesco is gone
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

I guess I miss those bone-crushing games from 2005 when all of a sudden we started killing everyone because I also thought Lombardi was the weakest link in this game. But yeah, I agree, I celebrated and enjoyed the win as well.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

This can't be said enough. Think if Carr had lost Davante Adams in the 1st half.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍