Guess Who's Stats These Are!?! Tillery's IMPROVING EVERY YEAR!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I admit, he looks like a different player out there. Then again, he was sucking so hard it’s not like Everest moved.

Comment

Originally posted by jox g View Post

Guess what BUST had the HIGHEST defensive rating?!
      Per PFF, Tillery has had all of 4 tackles, a sack and a forced fumble (on the same play) on 100 snaps played. He has played less than 50% of our defensive snaps, which is not what we want out of a first round draft pick. His 2022 sample size is not yet large enough for any real conclusions to be drawn. He has been a bust for the first three seasons of his career and I suspect that at the end of 2022, his PFF grade will be lower than what it is through 4 games this year.

The only good thing about our team keeping Tillery this year and his outlier start (based upon the rest of his career) is that his trade value is maximized. Perhaps we could trade him for a speedy WR.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Per PFF, Tillery has had all of 4 tackles, a sack and a forced fumble (on the same play) on 100 snaps played. He has played less than 50% of our defensive snaps, which is not what we want out of a first round draft pick. His 2022 sample size is not yet large enough for any real conclusions to be drawn. He has been a bust for the first three seasons of his career and I suspect that at the end of 2022, his PFF grade will be lower than what it is through 4 games this year.

The only good thing about our team keeping Tillery this year and his outlier start (based upon the rest of his career) is that his trade value is maximized. Perhaps we could trade him for a speedy WR.
        So, you are saying that he is not producing this year, and then you claim he'll do worse from now on?

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

So, you are saying that he is not producing this year, and then you claim he'll do worse from now on?
          The data on Tillery's 2022 game grades is a revelation for all Charger fans, or should be.

Comment

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I am saying that the sample size Tillery has generated thus far is insufficient to reach the conclusion that Tillery has turned a corner in his career. And yes, based upon his career performance to date, I think that going forward he is more likely to play like the Tillery of 2019 through 2021, a proposition for which we have a significant sample size, than the Tillery of 2022, who has played better than his career norm, but has only done so in limited (under 50%) of the defensive snaps over a small sampling of games (less than a quarter of one season).

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Good on him.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Tomorrow would be an amazing time for Tillery to show he’s made real progress

Comment

• Air Coryell
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2021
                  • Carlsbad, CA
                  • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  Tomorrow would be an amazing time for Tillery to show he’s made real progress
                  Yes, can he stop the run vs a good running team?

Comment

• jox g
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Vs the Browns, Tillery had 2 pressures I saw (a near sack) and a QB hit.

Comment

Working...
                    X