• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I have it on good authority that he has been spending hours each day on this forum reading the numerous Lombardi threads and crapped threads bashing him so he can devise a game plan to appease some outspoken natives (can we use this term in 2022?) on this forum! He was sited leaving TTs office yesterday morning after an attempt to get him to trade for Tyron Johnson because he is the best receiver in the league and is puzzled how he can keep getting cut and getting no snaps or targets on the his many teams and not show the world his dominance.
    The next four games should be telling about Lombo's performance capabilities. If we struggle and look ugly against average teams I wouldn't hesitate if I'm Staley to bring in someone Who could replace Lombo as an additional consultant/Future OC. I'd also make sure he stands next to Lombo with a portable Propane torch so he knows he's on the hot seat.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Air Coryell
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2021
      • Carlsbad, CA
      • Teacher, Coach, CFO
      • Send PM

Dree Brees as offensive consultant. Ties to Chargers and this offense.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
        Man I shiver to think about what Buffalo would do to us if we trouted out Lombo out at OC. All of our clunky routes and ineffecient running plays against that defense?! Not to mention how we can possiblly slow Allen. Our season might be over if it comes down to Lombos offense vs McDermott. Also we need Keenan to come back pronto!
        Buffalo can't play man coverage. Going back several years they get torched anytime they've played elite QBs. The one exception to that is opening game vs the Rams this year but the Rams no longer have an Oline.

You've probably heard Staley say it, "You gotta be able to man up playing against really good teams." That's the sole reason JC Jackson was brought in. Buffalo doesn't have as much talent as this Chargers team.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

The next four games should be telling about Lombo's performance capabilities. If we struggle and look ugly against average teams I wouldn't hesitate if I'm Staley to bring in someone Who could replace Lombo as an additional consultant/Future OC. I'd also make sure he stands next to Lombo with a portable Propane torch so he knows he's on the hot seat.
          I can't imagine who that would be.
          the thing about selling a specific offense, is that there's a limited number of experts, and thus to an extent, some job security.
          I look to Staley himself as an Xs and Os guy to understand the offense well enough and system in place to be able to make adjustments himself and provide JL with parameters to work within.
          for example, if/when a TE signs for exhaust, try a play that doesn't involve him as a primary target.

I know that's a bit radical, and can't possibly make any sense because I said it, and Lombo knows more than me, but that's just an example.
          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I can't imagine who that would be.
            the thing about selling a specific offense, is that there's a limited number of experts, and thus to an extent, some job security.
            I look to Staley himself as an Xs and Os guy to understand the offense well enough and system in place to be able to make adjustments himself and provide JL with parameters to work within.
            for example, if/when a TE signs for exhaust, try a play that doesn't involve him as a primary target.

I know that's a bit radical, and can't possibly make any sense because I said it, and Lombo knows more than me, but that's just an example.
            That's part of the problem of Lombo. He thinks he has job security because he has knowledge about this system plus he's Staley's friend.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
              Dree Brees as offensive consultant. Ties to Chargers and this offense.
              This is very much similar to the Drew Brees Saint's offense.

Brees was perhaps the most accurate passer in NFL history, plus he had better footwork than Herbert.
              He had nowhere near Herbert's arm or athleticism outside of the pocket.

The criticism is why are we recycling an offense geared towards Bree's unique talents.
              The answer is that that is all Lombo knows.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

This is very much similar to the Drew Brees Saint's offense.

Brees was perhaps the most accurate passer in NFL history, plus he had better footwork than Herbert.
                He had nowhere near Herbert's arm or athleticism outside of the pocket.

The criticism is why are we recycling an offense geared towards Bree's unique talents.
                The answer is that that is all Lombo knows.
                Yep...once again...what we have here...is the inability to adapt...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...once again...what we have here...is the inability to adapt...
                  So what you are saying is you do know what he is doing "wrong" , you know better and you are in fact an offensive guru. I mean, it looks that way.

I know this, our OL is better than last year. Can we agree on that?
                  We all were excited to see a better running game this season and so far that hasn't happened.
                  If they gain more than 2.7 YPC which is our average for the season....., And we are in 4.5 to 5 YPC range, then those calls work and we aren't talking about this.

The execution needs to be better. We need to run the ball more effectively. Just have to.
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
                  181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                  225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

So what you are saying is you do know what he is doing "wrong" , you know better and you are in fact an offensive guru.

I know this, our OL is better than last year. We were all excited to see a better running game this season and so far that hasn't happened.
                    If they gain more than 2.7 YPC which is out a erahe for the season....., as in 4.5 to 5 YPC then those calls work. Then we aren't talking about this.
                    The execution needs to be better. We need to run the ball for effectively. Just have to.
                    It would help if we didn't have to run vs. a stacked box most of the time...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

It would help if we didn't have to run vs. a stacked box most of the time...
                      Maybe that is Herbert choosing to throw short. He has guys in deeper patterns all the time as we see when Chilles posts his video from games.

When CC was complaining we werent sending recievers deep, we saw we in fact were.
                      So we really dont know who is doing what as there was a post earlier today stating Herbert likes to check down. He did that often at Oregon too.

However, there are only 5 QBs in the league with a higher YPA than Herbert who is at 7.5.

id really like to see someone throw that out to Poppers mailbag and ask.
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
                      181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                      225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2022
                        • Send PM

If Herbert plays next game then there for sure won't be too many if any long shots...they will be calling plays to protect him from getting hit. The the offense will suffer again as short 7 yard dinks are not his forte.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The real question should actually be - why would any coach care if fans who have zero insight into anything do not approve of their approach?
                          Because fans pay the bills. Owners want butts in the seats and stalling out in the second half of every game isn’t how you increase sales.

Comment

Working...
                          X