• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Because fans pay the bills. Owners want butts in the seats and stalling out in the second half of every game isn’t how you increase sales.
    "If you listen to the fans, you'll be sitting up there with them."
    Buddy Ryan

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post

It’s not just a different opinion, it’s one one person trying to get the whole community to agree with their opinion. Over and and over again.
      Yup. The Ignore function helps with that.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I suppose. No, i agree. I don’t mind negative opinions. I sometimes have them. Its only when it becomes shotgun blast hijackings and 5 of every 10 posts on a page is the same guy saying the same exact thing, often in10 paragraph single space form. maybe I’m just insulted he doesn’t know i read the first 4 and understood the point, lol, I’ll adjust to not let it affect me.
        I'll settle for you not complaining so much about other posters!
        there's a simple feature Fleet provides, where anyone can simply "ignore" all posts from a particular poster.
        same tip for everyone who feels the need to use name-calling and personal attacks.
        Until he's on your ignore list, there must be something of greater value in his post that make his repetativness worth reading, so make a choice.
        Same for me, your good posts outweigh your posts about others, so I'll probably never ignore you.
        :sob:
        Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

there's a simple feature Fleet provides, where anyone can simply "ignore" all posts from a particular poster.
          same tip for everyone who feels the need to use name-calling and personal attacks.
          Until he's on your ignore list, there must be something of greater value in his post that make his repetativness worth reading, so make a choice.
          Same for me, your good posts outweigh your posts about others, so I'll probably never ignore you.
          Beautiful last line. Sounds like the beginning of a great relationship

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
            My biggest complaint with Lombo is he runs too much out of a bunch formation. He is setting the team up for failure with that. Add that into throwing short all the time you are just asking the D to stack the box, he should now better. Also his play calling does not flow very well, when you are in the flow of a game, certain plays you can tell are going to be effective and some you know are not going to work well just by the feel of the game. He seems like he calls plays out of a bingo hopper, just one then another random play with no feel for the ebb and flow, no feel for the hot hand and the weakness of the D at that moment.

I do not understand how someone can be in the NFL for so long and know as much as he does but be tone deaf, so to speak, for the game.
            Pittsburgh won SBs using the bunch formation.
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
            225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
              Outback Goon
              • Sep 2018
              • Australia
              • Send PM

Ive always been a sucker for I-Formation. I know its outdated

Really the formation doesnt matter, the results do.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Watching some of the breakdowns of the first two games, one thing I am noticing is that Herbert is missing some reads and missing some wide open receivers. This is not normal for him. I wonder if some of it is adjusting to "football 202"? But there have been some guys all alone at key points in the games and he either did not see them or went somewhere else on purpose (and that purpose eludes me). Some of his greatest, tight throws this season so far as awesome as they were, he didn't need to make them because he had an easier option. Also, and this is contradictory but also can see it in the breakdowns, Herbert at other times seems to want to go to his check down. Not sure if that is what he is being told to do, or if they are trying to control the clock, or he learned from training camp experimenting what happens if he takes those shots or what. Point is, Lombardi needs to do better but I think Herbert is part of this too. And if that is correct, the more Herbert plays "202" the better he will get, rib cartilage willing.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                  Yes, it is not bad to run it but like I said Lombo seems to not have much feel for the ebb and flow of the game. He needs to see at the time how this is negatively affecting the run game and then go to a spread formation to free up the runners. Don Coryel used to say he would make the other team defend every inch of the field. Lombo calling short routes from a bunch formation all to often is telling the defense you only need to defend 15 yards in between the hashmarks. Makes it very easy for the defense.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                    Ive always been a sucker for I-Formation. I know its outdated

Really the formation doesnt matter, the results do.
                    The results of our running game and scoring offense have not been good, running game has been downright brutal.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

The results of our running game and scoring offense have not been good, running game has been downright brutal.
                      Running game has been awful. Just awful. And the two defenses we played against are not barn burners. I think the team is missing Frank Smith. He handled the OL and running game last year.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Lol - i much prefer to be nudged with kindness and compliments. You got me, bro - I imagined I was chosen for a quixotic quest to save the village from the marauder, but the village didn’t need saving. I’ll just go back to my grog
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                          Chargers Hall of Fame
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Maybe it would be best to change the OC annually haha
                          OR just hire a good one.

Lombo was never promoted to the gig under Peyton. Think about that. Crazy. And the one time Lombo WAS an OC, he was a disaster. It's there for all to se.

This isn't too terribly difficult to figure out. Some of us saw the writing on the wall BEFORE last season. It was and is Staley's love for his former coach that he brought Lombo over and keeps him here now. Of course. And it's why he won't let him go.

The usual rebuttal is something about a Top-5 offense. Bottom line, it's Herbert. It's always Herbert. Heck, Herbert was phenomenal under Anthony Lynn, who was a run-first, don't play the rookie, coach. And Herbert made THAT work.

I'm starting to think that these people on here who complain when other point out something negative about the Chargers are simply trying to gaslight us into not believing what we're seeing with our own eyes. Either that, or they love these forums because they can complain about posters and less about football. It's so odd.

Comment

Working...
                          X