Jaguars @ Chargers Pregame Thread (Week 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Jaguars @ Chargers Pregame Thread (Week 3)

Chargers opened as a 10.5 point favorite, but the line is now down to 7 with the uncertainty with Herberts injury.

Discuss.
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Have a bad feeling
    Jag defenders smell blood, and a chance to make a name for themselves.
    Lawrence plays within the system, looking to stack back to back wins.
    Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

The Chargers defense must dominate. The Chargers offense must run the ball. No turnovers.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
        Let's do this!
        • Aug 2022
        • Raleigh N. Carolina
        • Send PM

Jags looked really good today while the Colts looked horrible.

these aren't your father's Jags

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
          Jags looked really good today while the Colts looked horrible.

these aren't your father's Jags
          Colts have not won in Jacksonville since something like 2012. Take nothing from this Jags win other than that game was just the annual Colt loss. Much like the Patsies playing in Miami.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Jags had
            13 penalties Week 1.
            3 penalties Week 2.

Play football.
            Put pressure on them.

Colts were depleted.
            This was an aberration.

Watch out for
            Josh Allen & Devin Lloyd .
            Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
            Ben Herbert

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              Chargers opened as a 10.5 point favorite, but the line is now down to 7 with the uncertainty with Herberts injury.

Discuss.
              I'll bet at least part of that line decline is due to the uncertainty about how good (or bad) of a game Lombo calls...a lot of pundits in the media are talking about our crappy playcalling...
              Last edited by Topcat; 09-18-2022, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Truth be told I had this as a loss even before the season thinking we might actually be 2-0 coming into this and it would be a trap game of sorts. Now after Herbert's injury, OL injuries, and poor offensive playcalling I am doubly certain this is a loss. The Jags are better than last year, and it's not that I necessarily think that they are a better team than the Chargers but this is exactly the kind of game the Chargers lose.
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  Truth be told I had this as a loss even before the season thinking we might actually be 2-0 coming into this and it would be a trap game of sorts. Now after Herbert's injury, OL injuries, and poor offensive playcalling I am doubly certain this is a loss. The Jags are better than last year, and it's not that I necessarily think that they are a better team than the Chargers but this is exactly the kind of game the Chargers lose.
                  Also, the Jags are on the rebound from the Urban Blight effect...now that Meyer is gone, gotta think they're playing like a weight has been lifted off them...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

If I'm the Jags, I game plan about like this:

1. When the Bolts are on offense, I mostly stack the box to take away our ground game and short pass game, daring Lombo to quit playing Lomboball. I go with a two-safety shell, but bring them both up quite a bit, and if it's an obvious run or short pass, one of safeties rotates to the side of the play for additional support. On the D-line, I rotate or double stack Calais Campbell and Yannick Ngakoue opposite Norton, and rotate Malik Jackson and Marcell Dareus opposite Feiler till he begs for mercy. Don't even waste time sending any of them vs. Zion or Slater. If Clapp is still in there, that's a bonus and attack the gap between Clapp and Feiler.

2. When the Jags are on offense, I throw a lot of quick, short passes over the middle to my TE's, RB's and wideouts. Lawrence can't hold the rock too long because Mack and Bosa, plus the threat of blitzes from others, are too big a risk. I like attacking over the middle also because our tackling (Murray the Whiff) is still suspect at times.

That's how u beat the Bolts. Now, do I hope it happens? No. But until I see Lombo mix it up with more deep and intermediate shots (over 17 yards) and fewer runs, I'm afraid this is what we can look forward to on game days...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                      If I'm the Jags, I game plan about like this:

1. When the Bolts are on offense, I mostly stack the box to take away our ground game and short pass game, daring Lombo to quit playing Lomboball. I go with a two-safety shell, but bring them both up quite a bit, and if it's an obvious run or short pass, one of safeties rotates to the side of the play for additional support. On the D-line, I rotate or double stack Calais Campbell and Yannick Ngakoue opposite Norton, and rotate Malik Jackson and Marcell Dareus opposite Feiler till he begs for mercy. Don't even waste time sending any of them vs. Zion or Slater. If Clapp is still in there, that's a bonus and attack the gap between Clapp and Feiler.

2. When the Jags are on offense, I throw a lot of quick, short passes over the middle to my TE's, RB's and wideouts. Lawrence can't hold the rock too long because Mack and Bosa, plus the threat of blitzes from others, are too big a risk. I like attacking over the middle also because our tackling (Murray the Whiff) is still suspect at times.

That's how u beat the Bolts. Now, do I hope it happens? No. But until I see Lombo mix it up with more deep and intermediate shots (over 17 yards) and fewer runs, I'm afraid this is what we can look forward to on game days...
                      #1 looks like that is what you are hoping for, and it isnt even sly lol. Why would Jax dare us to do that?

We have 82 pass attempts and 55 rushes so your Lomboball nickname is incredibly lame.

Now we are only averaging 2.7 YPC so the OL needs to step it up. If Herbert is feeling good enough I don't see us throwing less.
                      But if their oass rush is getting close regukarly i dont see many ling passes being thrown. They will want him to get rid of it to not get hit.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-18-2022, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Berserker76
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'll bet at least part of that line decline is due to the uncertainty about how good (or bad) of a game Lombo calls...a lot of pundits in the media are talking about our crappy playcalling...
                        Thought it was just us fans that were complaining about him.

Comment

Working...
                        X