Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Not me. Go back and review my posts. I wanted to retain him and Pip no matter what. But everyone said we're going to a new system.
    Me too. I also wanted them to keep the QB guru( Forgot his name)
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Pep Hamilton.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolts&noles
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Pep Hamilton.Think he is a OC now.
        Mentioned this in a thread earlier.
        Him and Shane did a great job.
        Shane was a great fit for #10.

Comment

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

LOL - people couldn't wait to run Steichen out of town here. Now is a genius. This place cracks me up.
          People could not wait to run Anthony Lynn out of town. The prevailing opinion was that Lynn was instructing Steichen to emphasize the running game. But when Steichen did call passing plays, the plays called were pretty effective even with a rookie Herbert and the worst OL in the NFL.

Lombardi calls a better percentage of passing plays than were called under Anthony Lynn, but Steichen calls better passing plays when the passing plays called by Steichen and Lombardi are compared.

And what Steichen is doing in Philadelphia is definitely worthy of praise as the Eagles currently have the #1 ranked offense even though they only have Jalen Hurts as their QB.

Comment

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
            when you post video evidence and are still told you are wrong:what:
            Your video evidence proved my point. What part of 12 targets for a total of 35 receiving yards remains unclear at this point? The great job you seem to want to credit Palmer for doing was a whopping 30 receiving yards on 8 targets.

The multitude of 3 yard passes to Palmer are simply wasted downs for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
              We have played two division opponents and they weren't easy games. We lost Allen in game one. We lost 2 OL in game 2. That certainly affects the Offense. Players must execute....if they don't it doesn't matter what Lombo calls as a play....the play can fail. We'd be victorious IMO if Everett hadn't gassed out and had done the proper route...Lombo can't control the players....they have to do their jobs.

Nobody is perfect. Our staff and players will learn from this as they should any game. We will see adjustments to correct to do better. I never expected to see our Offense or Defense come out perfect ....I do expect them to adjust though and hopefully by end of season we are steamrolling into the playoffs with a healthy cast. I'd rather finish strong than start strong and peter out....its how we finish that will mean more. Give these guys time.
              Both games should have been easy games, but for Lombardi's bumbling play calls. That is the whole point of the discussion.

Lombardi himself has admitted that he was too conservative in his play calling in week 1. So, your discussion has already failed as to that game by Lombardi's own admission.

In week 2, 46 of 48 passes were 17 yards and under. Hebert is in the bottom 5 in average intended air yards. And this is happening right into the teeth of a defense that is rolled up into the short zones. The average receiver route depth was well below league average. And add to that how Lombardi botched the late first half drive by going "run run" just like he did against the Raiders and we can see that Lombardi's play calling was very problematic in both games. We probably should have and would have beaten KC about 38-17 had the play calling been better.

Lots of people on this forum seemed to have missed the fairly obvious--that our team is significantly better than KC. Therefore, a 24-27 loss to an inferior team that was the direct result of terrible play calling (including the pick-6) is totally unacceptable.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Both games should have been easy games, but for Lombardi's bumbling play calls. That is the whole point of the discussion.

Lombardi himself has admitted that he was too conservative in his play calling in week 1. So, your discussion has already failed as to that game by Lombardi's own admission.

In week 2, 46 of 48 passes were 17 yards and under. Hebert is in the bottom 5 in average intended air yards. And this is happening right into the teeth of a defense that is rolled up into the short zones. The average receiver route depth was well below league average. And add to that how Lombardi botched the late first half drive by going "run run" just like he did against the Raiders and we can see that Lombardi's play calling was very problematic in both games. We probably should have and would have beaten KC about 38-17 had the play calling been better.

Lots of people on this forum seemed to have missed the fairly obvious--that our team is significantly better than KC. Therefore, a 24-27 loss to an inferior team that was the direct result of terrible play calling (including the pick-6) is totally unacceptable.
                Apparently we’re not better and the issue is whether that is because we are outclassed in the coaching dept. may very well be the problem. The other consequence of the short routes — and DC’s see the same stats we do on lack of longer throws - is that teams are loading the box against us and we can’t run. We’re bottom 5 in running with a supposedly great OL.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                  Outback Goon
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Australia
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Your video evidence proved my point. What part of 12 targets for a total of 35 receiving yards remains unclear at this point? The great job you seem to want to credit Palmer for doing was a whopping 30 receiving yards on 8 targets.

The multitude of 3 yard passes to Palmer are simply wasted downs for the most part.
                  It baffles me, after watching video evidence you still blame Palmer for throws he couldnt even reach and routes he didnt design.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Apparently we’re not better and the issue is whether that is because we are outclassed in the coaching dept. may very well be the problem. The other consequence of the short routes — and DC’s see the same stats we do on lack of longer throws - is that teams are loading the box against us and we can’t run. We’re bottom 5 in running with a supposedly great OL.
                    That is my biggest complaint with Lombo. He runs too much out of a bunch formation. He is setting the team up for failure with that. Add that into throwing short all the time you are just asking the D to stack the box, he should now better. Also his play calling does not flow very well, when you are in the flow of a game, certain plays you can tell are going to be effective and some you know are not going to work well just by the feel of the game. He seems like he calls plays out of a bingo hopper, just one then another random play with no feel for the ebb and flow, no feel for the hot hand and the weakness of the D at that moment.

I do not understand how someone can be in the NFL for so long and know as much as he does but be tone deaf, so to speak, for the game.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Closing the thread. Please take the discussion to the existing Lombardi thread that used to be a a poll. Sorry, there doesn't seem to be room for a Positive Lombardi thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X