Film Study: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (week3 vs JAX)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

Film Study: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (week3 vs JAX)

Oh boy, this loss still hurts. I didnt want to study this week, didnt want to relive the pain. The game was a good example of everything going wrong for the Chargers and everything going right for JAX and this is one of the reasons i love this sport. Chargers are not as bad as 38-10 and JAX is not as good either. I trust both teams will gravitate towards their natural positions as the season progress. It was a struggle to get past the 3rd quarter and the 4th was too painful to re-watch, so lets not dive in but just dip our toes instead.

The Good:
    3rd quarter, 14:03 on the clock, 3rd and 16 ball on 19yrd line.
    Here we se JAX def daring Chargers to throw... and throw they did. Herb shows us he still can let it loose and Guyton has the speed. I actually like this route concept forcing JAX safeties to guess on who to cover (Mdub, Palmer, Guyton). At 3 seconds into the play, Herb about to roll right we see those 3 recievers are all open, and Herb could easily run for 20+ yards. Lets hope Lombardi builds more of these plays.

The Bad:
    1st quarter, 14:12 on the clock, 1st and 10 ball on 35yrd line
    Opening drive and JAX shows some good misdirection on this run play. I cant help but watch Murray and Adderly positions and think there was miscommunication pre-snap there. Murray reads the pulling guard, Adderly takes a bad angle and Samuel doesnt even see the RB. Checking the DLine we see Austin Johnson holds the double team well, SJD initially beats the LG but he recovered well and pancakes SJD over Austin Johnsons legs, unlucky play that could have been cleaned up by the secondary.

The Ugly:
    yeah this is the one. The one play no Charger fan wanted to see. JAX DLine gets a big stunt on Herb, not sure of by design or by luck (hopefully a guru can fill me in) and we see our superstar take a sack fumble. Looking at the routes Carter coming open late and Palmer was open early but his route was a dig not corner. I would have liked Everett route to cover the green in the middle of the field to give Herb a nice 8-10yrd crossing route (like Gates had for Rivers). At the top of Herb's drop Carter should be cutting outside to the sideline, but he take 3 extra steps and contacting the DB before making his cut which was rounded and not sharp forcing Herb to pump and hold onto it.

Honorable Mentions:

Hon1
    Herb reading the def and Everett finding the hole in the zone coverage. Throw was off target but great athletic catch

Hon2
    Derwin reads this play well, jumps the route and drops an easy INT with nothing but green grass infront of him. The score was 6-0 JAX and this could have been huge for Chargers. JAX eventually went on the increase the lead to 13-0. Look for more confidence in Derwin to believe what he sees and snag these as the season continues

Well we got through it diehards, lets wipe our tears and look forward to correcting some easy mistakes leading to more wins
    as always
    Luv ya
    -Chillies
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

thx for the tears NMC.

Comment

• Craig440
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Haven't watched yet and am almost afraid to. haha. I will soon. Thanks again I always look forward to this.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

After Derwin dropped that INT, which looked like it would have been a tough catch, the guy 2 rows behind me when on an extended rant about “that’s why we’re paying you so much money you bum” and by extended I mean it lasted a good 5 minutes. Dude lost it on that play.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

As always, thank you for your outstanding work, NMC.

The Ugly.
          First two plays of this ill fated drive were Michel runs of 8 and 6 yards. This certified baller was just starting to establish himself as a Charger. He had just caused an INT resulting in a Figgie for Jags.

We should have kept running the ball right there !! I am speaking to you Lombo haters !!

Momentum was ceded to Jville.

Then...first play of the second half.
          Chargers try a sure fire running play. The EDGE is sealed nicely. But, there is a Holding call on McKitty.

Two things. Jags could have put a 50 on us, leaving points out on the field. At the same time, there were crucial junctures where we might have sneaked back in the game.

We were handed a big giant F U in our face with injuries. Cannot wait for @ Texans.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
            After Derwin dropped that INT, which looked like it would have been a tough catch, the guy 2 rows behind me when on an extended rant about “that’s why we’re paying you so much money you bum” and by extended I mean it lasted a good 5 minutes. Dude lost it on that play.
            You should have done to him what you've done to the others.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

You should have done to him what you've done to the others.
              :cuss::rimshot:

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

:cuss::rimshot:
                Introduce him to The People's Forearm Shiver. Put the dude in the 7th row. :thumbsup:

Love me some Derwin.

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

it seems after every dropped INT the opponent O goes on to score points.

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

Murray.... we should've got rid of him this offseason...

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

My only thought when I saw this topic was ...... There was good last Sunday????

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                        My only thought when I saw this topic was ...... There was good last Sunday????
                        If you look REALLY CLOSELY as NMC has.

Comment

Working...
                        X