• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

LT Ceremony

Are they still planning to do it during halftime? Going to the game and want to make sure we get to see it. I had my issues with how he departed and what happened with NYJ but still love the guy and appreciated his contributions to the Chargers and San Diego.
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Hopefully there will be some other Charger fans there with you to applaud the guy! I agree, the departure hurt a bit; however, to me the ugly divorce is easy to look past based on LT's contributions to this team for almost a decade. He is still the most exciting Charger player ever and without him, those fun runs in '04, '06, '07, '08 and '09 do not happen.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• TABF
      Por debajo del promedio
      • Jun 2013
      • SoCal
      • Send PM

yes it is a go... Lo Neal is presenting.

KC travels good, but it won't be like anything we have seen this year w/Steelers and Raiders. Chargers fans will be there, but they won't be happy if Deano speaks. But, if Deano doesn't speak he will be considered the weak leader that he is. He put himself and his family into the situation, now he has to deal with the consequences. Great leaders don't often find themselves in a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't situation'.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
        SLAM DUNK!
        • Jun 2013
        • East County San Diego
        • Bolt fanatic
        • Send PM

I am wondering if LT thanks Spanos and how that would be received even if Spanos doesn't show his face.

Players usually thank their owner.
        migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
          Lo Neal is presenting.
          Yeah, just wasn't sure if it was at halftime or pregame (origami was the autocorrect there believe it or not) or what. Appropriate that Lo Neal will do it.

But, if Deano doesn't speak he will be considered the weak leader that he is. He put himself and his family into the situation, now he has to deal with the consequences. Great leaders don't often find themselves in a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't situation'.
          Well, I tell you what...if he speaks I won't boo him bc it's about LT and not him. I'll continue to boo him in other venues, but booing him during the ceremony would take something away from the moment for LT. And in that sense, maybe it is best that he not speak. But I agree, the hunker down approach is chicken shit. He should've faced the music at the dog and pony show like Davis. But he's a gutless turd. No balls at all, from management/personnel perspective on down.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
            I am wondering if LT thanks Spanos and how that would be received even if Spanos doesn't show his face.

Players usually thank their owner.
            You know, that's a good point. And he should. But I'd sure love to see LT in the next breath say something about keeping the Chargers in SD. That would quickly change the boos to cheers and also send a strong message to Spanos and the league. 70,000 people cheering for the Bolts to stay at the urging of one of the League's top faces of the last decade would be hard for the owners to ignore, especially with a city government mobilizing.
            Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 11-18-2015, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
              You know, that's a good point. And he should. But I'd sure love to see LT in the next breath say something about keeping the Chargers in SD. That would quickly change the boos to cheers and also send a strong message to Spanos and the league. 70,000 people cheering for the Bolts to stay at the urging of one of the League's top faces of the last decade would be hard for the owners to ignore, especially with a city government mobilizing.
              Kaplan had LT on last week and was trying to get him to say something about keeping the Chargers here but LT was dodging it.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                Kaplan had LT on last week and was trying to get him to say something about keeping the Chargers here but LT was dodging it.
                Oh well. It was a nice dream. LT never was much to engage in the heavy stuff.

Comment

• TTK
                  EX-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • America's Finest City
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                  Oh well. It was a nice dream. LT never was much to engage in the heavy stuff.
                  Remember when the Mayor called on LT to step up and help lead the cause to keep the Chargers here?

LT was all over radio for the next couple days then disappeared.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I was there when Chargers fans booed the Spanoses at ceremonies back in the 80s and/or 90s. (Sorry - I never really paid attention to the ceremonies and can't remember the exact decade or player, but I remember the booing. Ceremonies just aren't my thing.)

If the Spanoses show their faces now, I couldn't imagine things would go any better for them. Those rich shit-wads and all the other dickhead NFL owners should buy a yacht and get the fuck away from decent human beings.
                    Last edited by Guest; 11-18-2015, 05:12 PM.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. He made his bed. Shame it would spoil LT's ceremony but it's nobody's fault but Spanos, not the fans.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

Engine....im sorry but your antirich words are bullshit. Having money has nothing to do with being a decent human being. I will bet nearly all of them give significant money to charities each year and support a lot of under privileged people. You may not agree with how they choose to spend THEIR money because it doesnt fit YOUR needs but to me I would spend MY money however the hell I wanted...and I tend to be more of a Democrat even in policy. Frankly ive been disappointed that San Diego as a whole cant fill up a stadium when other worse teams can in spades...as a business i would want to consider that to how to have the most successful business as possible...if SD is mediocre you bet i would look at other options with MY money.

RTPBOLT

Comment

Working...
                        X