• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Doug Flutie news

Doug Flutie's parents both passed away within an hour of each other Wednesday after being married for 56 years, the former NFL quarterback said on Facebook.

Flutie said that his father, Dick, had been ill and died of a heart attack in the hospital. Less than an hour later, Dick Flutie's wife, Joan, suddenly had a heart attack and also passed away.

"They say you can die of a broken heart and I believe it," Flutie said. "I would like to honor my parents for all that they did throughout my and my brothers' and sister's lives. My parents were always there for their children, from the days my Dad coached us as kids and my Mom would work the concession stands, through to this morning."

"The most important part of their 56 years of marriage was providing opportunities to their children," Flutie continued. "They were incredible parents and Grandparents and my family and I will miss them both. On behalf of me and the entire Flutie family, I would like to thank you all for your well wishes and prayers during this difficult time."

Flutie spent 12 seasons in the NFL with the New England Patriots, Buffalo Bills, San Diego Chargers and Chicago Bears. He is best known for his Hail Mary pass against Miami while playing for Boston College in 1984. Boston College tweeted its condolences Wednesday afternoon, saying, "Our hearts go out to the Flutie family, all of whom are in our prayers."
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

I believe it too. RIP.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
      Doug Flutie's parents both passed away within an hour of each other Wednesday after being married for 56 years, the former NFL quarterback said on Facebook.

Flutie said that his father, Dick, had been ill and died of a heart attack in the hospital. Less than an hour later, Dick Flutie's wife, Joan, suddenly had a heart attack and also passed away.

"They say you can die of a broken heart and I believe it," Flutie said. "I would like to honor my parents for all that they did throughout my and my brothers' and sister's lives. My parents were always there for their children, from the days my Dad coached us as kids and my Mom would work the concession stands, through to this morning."

"The most important part of their 56 years of marriage was providing opportunities to their children," Flutie continued. "They were incredible parents and Grandparents and my family and I will miss them both. On behalf of me and the entire Flutie family, I would like to thank you all for your well wishes and prayers during this difficult time."

Flutie spent 12 seasons in the NFL with the New England Patriots, Buffalo Bills, San Diego Chargers and Chicago Bears. He is best known for his Hail Mary pass against Miami while playing for Boston College in 1984. Boston College tweeted its condolences Wednesday afternoon, saying, "Our hearts go out to the Flutie family, all of whom are in our prayers."
      This happened on Darren Flutie's birthday.

Who remembers Darren Flutie? I thought we should have kept him around longer than we did.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by 6025 View Post

Who remembers Darren Flutie? I thought the Spanoses should have kept him around longer than they did.

Comment

• MakoShark
          Disgruntled
          • Jun 2013
          • North Alabama
          • Send PM

Oh wow. That's rough. Peace be with you Flutie's.
          sigpic

Comment

• foreigner
            Tom Telesco is gone
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post

Who remembers Darren Flutie? I thought the Spanoses should have kept him around longer than they did.
            Darren or Doug?

Doug is a Charger, and I remember him as a Charger, not as a cheatriot and neitther as Fill.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Darren was a Charger for a year sometime in the 80s.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Darren Flutie had a bad-ass pre-season as a returner and a receiver for the Spanoses. I thought he was a decent backup, but nobody else did. I think he ended up in the Canadian league like his brother.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I just looked it up. Darren Flutie did end up in the Canadian league and was voted one of the league's top 50 all-time players.

Comment

Working...
                  X