Chargers @ Browns Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budsman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Thats part of the equation isnt it? Even before you have all the pieces on defence, your defence should not be "historic levels of bad" if you were hired because of your defensive acumen. How about average at least? Even the basic fundamentals like tackling were awful. That is not a pass for coaching.

Kinda brings up Daboll again. He doesnt have much to work with in NY on either side of the ball. He has Daniel Jones as his QB!!
    This has been talked about adnauseam last year. The players didn’t fit staleys two gap system. Like all coaches Staley has a defensive system and he needs to have time to build it. This year they focused on bringing in players who can execute that system and we’re seeing the dividends. Everyone wants results immediately in this McDonald’s era. Sometimes it takes time to cook a good meal so sit back and relax while the chef works his magic.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Was last season really a success? There are some like Rex Ryan who think Staley coached them OUT of a playoff spot

Personally I think that team should have been better than 9-8, a hair above 500. They lost 3 of the last 4 games when it counted. Not sure about you, but season ended on a disappointing note for me. You have a stud, franchise QB throwing for 5000 yards, something most coaches dream of.

Can you honetly look at the Raiders last year, compare talent to Chargers, add all the turmoil that team had to deal with, Gruden, Ruggs etc and tell me that the Raiders should have been in the playoffs over the Chargers??
      Neither team was good enough to do anything. Raiders got a bounce and a call to get a ticket to be crushed fast, we didn’t. I dont care what Rex says, the list of idiot thing he has said over the years is lengthy.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Apropos of nothing, Rex was a early exit on the latest Amazing Race. Probably stunt casting, but he was a lousy yodeler and bell ringer, but I wanted to see him do something 'death defying' or say something dumb about feet.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          Apropos of nothing, Rex was a early exit on the latest Amazing Race. Probably stunt casting, but he was a lousy yodeler and bell ringer, but I wanted to see him do something 'death defying' or say something dumb about feet.
          Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Regarding Staley's inexplicable decision to go for it on 4th and 2, this is not surprising:

"Lastly, I just had to ask about Staley's fourth-down call. I knew the fan base was likely going to be split on the matter but it turns out the split wasn't nearly as equal as I expected. According to our results, only 21 percent of participants agreed with Staley's decision."

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
              Regarding Staley's inexplicable decision to go for it on 4th and 2, this is not surprising:

"Lastly, I just had to ask about Staley's fourth-down call. I knew the fan base was likely going to be split on the matter but it turns out the split wasn't nearly as equal as I expected. According to our results, only 21 percent of participants agreed with Staley's decision."

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/202...justin-herbert

I believe it, those numbers don’t surprise me because it was not a good decision…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

The, "how"
                Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Nobody, that is the point. Focusing on the O for the loss ignores that teams win or lose when all 3 facets make more plays than the other team.
                  Just trying to provide balance in a world of of “top 5 offense.”

Comment

Working...
                  X