Broncos @ Chargers Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Telesco players outside of the 1st round take a while to develop is my experience. Coaches take a while to stop being amateurs. We are a team that goes long way more than most. Some might say we hold onto mediocrity too long...but sometimes we just lag getting players to develop quicker. I think we are getting better in all aspects and too some extent all the injuries are helping develop our depth. They sure do look like they need the reps at times.
    100% agree on this historical summary. Too many players did not develop until they left or their last half-season before FA. Too many players never developed. Too many coaches took too long to … whatever it was they did. I hope Staley matures quickly as he has definite potential but definite growth needs. I still think he’s a guy that CAN, and could be a generational elite coach if he does.

but he has to do it, he can’t just talk about doing it.

As for TT - idunno. I see his very long-running personnel record as completely average. I think we have more than enough data to say he is average. He hits some home runs, he wildly misses some picks, but the bigger problem (imo) is too many just sort of blah around as middling average players - not quite bad enough to cut but not quite good enough to pull the team up to a new level. So they blah along until eventually another blah new piece takes its place and it all repeats. We’ll see if this time is different, it could be. 2022 is getting production from Rd 1, 2 and 6. Is that great? Meh … it sounds average again though as always, too soon to evaluate fairly.

I still think this team could gel, heal, and become worthy of competing against any team in the league. There is no super team.

Edit - I’ll add Horvath to the list we are getting production from. Spiller and Woods have to become contributing players to turn it into an excellent draft imo
    Last edited by dmac_bolt; 10-20-2022, 07:21 PM.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Chargers’ best and worst PFF grades vs. the Broncos in Week 6

Russell Wilson and the Broncos got all they could handle from Drue Tranquill

By Michael Peterson@ZoneTracks Oct 21, 2022, 6:55am PDT
      16 Comments / 16 NewShare this storyKirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
      The Chargers struggled from start-to-finish against the Broncos on Monday night. The defense was in shambles through the first quarter but eventually hunkered down thanks to the decision to bench J.C. Jackson for Michael Davis in the second half. That all turned out to be for the better as the team escaped with a 19-16 victory in overtime.

Understandably, the offensive grades aren’t the best while a couple of defenders stood out in primetime.

Let’s go ahead and take a look.
      Offense

(Min. 25 snaps)

Top-5

RB Austin Ekeler - 70.9
      OT Jamaree Salyer - 69.6
      RB Sony Michel - 67.7
      QB Justin Herbert - 67.5
      WR Joshua Palmer - 62.2

Worst-5

OG Matt Feiler - 34.4
      TE Tre’ McKitty - 36.4
      OG Zion Johnson - 47.5
      C Will Clapp - 49.1
      OT Trey Pipkins - 49.3
      Defense

(Min. 25 snaps)

Top-5

LB Drue Tranquill - 85.8
      EDGE Khalil Mack - 77.7
      S Nasir Adderley - 72.8
      DT Sebastian Joseph-Day - 72.5
      CB Bryce Callahan - 69.2

Worst-5

CB J.C. Jackson - 28.2
      LB Kenneth Murray Jr. - 52.7
      CB Asante Samuel Jr. - 60.1
      DT Jerry Tillery - 62.1
      DT Austin Johnson - 63.7
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

About that OL… we were lucky to pull out a win. The worst OL drubbing around here in a long time, and that says a lot.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          About that OL… we were lucky to pull out a win. The worst OL drubbing around here in a long time, and that says a lot.
          That was a brutal performance by the oline. I did not notice Austin Johnson having a bad game - it's not like they did anything on O aside from a few busted players on the back end.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

That was a brutal performance by the oline. I did not notice Austin Johnson having a bad game - it's not like they did anything on O aside from a few busted players on the back end.
            I don’t think anything in the 60s is a bad game. He had a higher score than top 5 Joshua Palmer. The D played well and mostly scored well.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Why did we even draft Tre' McKitty?

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013