• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

I think you need to get rid of one "I think" in your title. Bad Grammar I think is driving me nutz! :>)
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post
      After seeing Herbert's Hail Mary attempt I THINK he is still hurt.
      I also view that as a measure of health.

It went 55 yards in the air: L.A, 35 to the Denver 10 yard line?

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

Herb is hurtin, deep passes are limited. Actually "i think" this sets up Chargers for a deep playoff run. All the film so far has been short routes and death by thousand cuts. When Herb heals, Allen returns we gonna see some deep shots to Mdub and Carter and defenses will have no film on this to prepare.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Brock Bowers N.M.W.
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          In the spirit of Peter King (minus references to his fondness for and strong relationship with Bill Parcells) I offer you these things I think I think
          1. I think Corey Linsley is the second most important offensive player after Herbert. Herbert is a totally different player when Linsley is on the field. Herbert does not seem to trust his protections (although he will never say this) without Linsley. And the run game, pass blocking all are vastly different with or without Linsley.
          2. I think Keenan Allen is the third most important. Need him to come back. Herbert really trusts him. Will make a big difference.
          3. I think the offensive play calling has been sketchy at times. But I see a lot of good plays and schemes that Herbert does not see or does not trust (whoever?) to take advantage of it. Maybe lately it is all about protecting Herbert's ribs. Or the rookie LT and RG. Or in a game like the Broncos not making any big mistakes since the Broncos are so bad. But Herbert is missing reads and playing it safe a lot more this year than in year one or two.
          4. I think JC Jackson better wake up and snap out of whatever is his issue. THe early PI on him was really not a PI (interestingly Surtain did a lot more to Williams on a rare deep shot but did not get called, and the Refs could have called PI on 27 every play but just got tired of it)
          5. I think Staley is not just aggressive in 4th down calls. He is aggressive on performance of his players. Benching Nas and then Jackson sends a very strong accountability message. I applaud Staley. Now he needs to turn both of those guys around because we need them.
          6. I think Hopkins is going to miss 3-4 games now and we won't be able to relax due to the adventure of him hurting himself in warmups when he is active. But nice job last night Dustin.
          7. I think JK Scott can kick off all the time if we need him to.
          8. I think Charger ST are no longer a liability. The two rookie DBs collaborated to win that game for us.
          9. I think Sony Michelle is no more than Hank Bauer at this stage in his career. But sometimes you need Hank the Howitzer to get the one yard.
          10. I think I don't know what happened to Josh Kelly? Is he on a milk carton?
          11. I think for all the talk of how Herbert did not go downfield and the Broncos shut him down, the media are forgetting how many deep PIs there were. Maybe 100 yards in pass interference including a long pass to start the game.
          12. I think Drew Tranquil needs to blitz more.
          13. I think poor Donald Parham is still not over his very serious head injury of last season. And I don't blame him a bit. But he is not the same and he took a shot after a catch and his reaction troubles me.
          14. I think Melvin Gordon has played his last football in Denver.
          15. I think Baron Browning is very good. And I already hate him because of it and his stupid dance.
          16. I think the DC for the Broncos has been able to do in one year what Staley still cannot do. And I think he was an assistant to Staley for the Rams?
          17. I think I would not order from whatever restaurant Corey Linsley eats at.
          TG
          All this...especially 3. Herbert needs a nice, healthy game to get his mojo back...though he is getting it done and winning...but would like to see more gunslinging downfield...would also like him to run the damn ball when those ribs are 100 percent. He has left alot of ground yards, and some first downs, laying on the field thru week 6.
          Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
          (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
          23. A. Mitchell WR
          37. K. Jenkins DT
          69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
          110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
          181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
          253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I also view that as a measure of health.

It went 55 yards in the air: L.A, 35 to the Denver 10 yard line?
            If you watch the play, they rushed 3 and had another defender hanging back and when Herbert started to step up the defender came in unblocked right up the middle at a full sprint and nailed Herbert so he could not get as much on the throw. That was all on the blocking.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2022
              • Send PM

Bosa, Slater, Keenan, and to some extent Herbert...and others. With these injuries the team obviously will have a much more difficult time doing anything.

I am disappointed with the offense very much so. Does not compare to last year. The defense looks much better.

And the fact that Staley is in charge...well there is always room for a major blunder to cost us big time.

Since Denver and the Radahs have issues, we just need to beat the Chiefs which is pretty hard to do but doable. But even if so, I don't see any SB at all with Staley in charge.

Comment

• madcaplafs
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2022
                • Send PM

2 years ago, we had Tevi, Feeny, and Lamp starting. For the first time in ages, I'm believing that the offensive line could become a strength
                If we win aginast Seattle, I think we can tread water until Bosa comes back, then start to truck
                Herbie's taking too many shots. Most of the time, he is holding the ball too long when that happens.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Wasn’t watching in Tv but in the game I noticed that he took off his helmet and was walking the sidelines with a staff guy. Didn’t look like a particularly hard tackle, but then again nobody touched him last time he got hurt. Maybe Parham is just not made for the NFL
                  He banged his head on the fuzzy cement. It wasn't bad at all but when you recently had a concussion it does not take much to get another one sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍