Until John Spanos is Gone, Nothing Will Ever Change - Locked By Fleet - John LIstened

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Our owners are either cheap or dumb. Doesn’t really matter which as results are the same.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      Our owners are either cheap or dumb. Doesn’t really matter which as results are the same.
      Sadly for us fans they are both
      #ScrewSpanos

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

To be fair, Norv took this team to 3 straight playoff appearances after he was hired, including an AFCCG appearance.

But it stills proves the same point: the only successful coaching hires the Spanos family have made were previously experienced HCs (Ross at the college level).
        Norv was handed the keys to a ferari. He road it into the ground. It gave him a few good years even with his crappy coaching based on existing talent. One of which included barely making it into the playoffs at 8-8 from what I recall. I think it was his 2nd year? (afcw train wreck)

I remember teddy cotrel being canned fairly quickly( after 2.5 games or so?) after the defense had lost a major step with the loss of wade Philips. Rivera was hired as DC.

At least back then they tried to fix some things mid season since the standards were higher after the 14-2 season. Nowadays they wait years

Comment

• jubei
          Vagabond Ninja
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Of course he does. He’s Telesco’s direct boss.

Also, John started his football career in the scouting department where he eventually became the head of the department, so all the draft picks since Butler and AJ’s run have been influenced by him.

After he screwed up scouting his daddy promoted him to screw up the rest of the team from GM to coaches and all player decisions.

That’s where the buck stops.
          aint dat datroof!

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

To be fair, Norv took this team to 3 straight playoff appearances after he was hired, including an AFCCG appearance.

But it stills proves the same point: the only successful coaching hires the Spanos family have made were previously experienced HCs (Ross at the college level).
            Not to be fair whatsoever!!! Norv inherited a Lambo and eventually turned into a pinto and then drove it right into a wall. Norv was garbage!!!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Sadly for us fans they are both
              #ScrewSpanos
              I don't think cheap - I am not sure dumb
              I truly think he has zero business skills... none
              He lacks common sense, he lacks PR skills, he looks like he is clueless. He seems obtuse and dense

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Not to be fair whatsoever!!! Norv inherited a Lambo and eventually turned into a pinto and then drove it right into a wall. Norv was garbage!!!
                This is not true. Norv didn't make personnel decisions - AJ did. AJ started whittling away the talent from the moment Norv arrived. The first thing AJ did was get into pissing match with Donnie Edwards and let him walk, and going with Matt "Whiffhelm" in 2007. I'm not a fan of Norv particularly, but I am a fan of the facts. And the fact is the talent crumbled around Norv each season and it was AJ's doing.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't think cheap - I am not sure dumb
                  I truly think he has zero business skills... none
                  He lacks common sense, he lacks PR skills, he looks like he is clueless. He seems obtuse and dense
                  Cheap when it comes to hiring HC’s and GM of late. Not sure there’s a consequential difference between obtuse and dense and dumb in this context.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

This is not true. Norv didn't make personnel decisions - AJ did. AJ started whittling away the talent from the moment Norv arrived. The first thing AJ did was get into pissing match with Donnie Edwards and let him walk, and going with Matt "Whiffhelm" in 2007. I'm not a fan of Norv particularly, but I am a fan of the facts. And the fact is the talent crumbled around Norv each season and it was AJ's doing.
                    Those two weren't on the same page at the end, looking at the final free agents AJ Smith brought in.

I would guess Norv got the Chargers to cough up a 2nd for Chris Chambers: Norv previously coached him in Miami.
                    Norv starting off losing in San Diego and probably told Smith that he lacks the receivers to make his offense go.

It's hard for a head coach not to give input in the draft process.

Comment

• Classic
                      Hall Of Fame
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Send PM

Norv was terrible HC that is true but he knew offenses like no one else. I bet Joe n Staley dream they could draw up passing plays like Norv.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Ahh yes the good old days where losing in the playoffs was the major problem. But we made it often. Now we cant even get there. I used to think that Norv had early success with the Bolts as HC because he was taking over extremely well coached Marty players.

This is why i wish we could sign free agents....but have them practice with their former teams....and then just fly in for games. This way we dont ruin them.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

If you consider only the 7 last coaches of the Chargers, who has the best record ?

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍