Until John Spanos is Gone, Nothing Will Ever Change - Locked By Fleet - John LIstened

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

I personally think Alex would be furious if he knew that his offspring moved the fruits of his life's work and legacy to LA and that they "rent" a stadium. Not trying to bring that whole thing up again but I am pretty sure Papa would not be happy with these idiots either.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

I 100% agree with this, but my main point being. What "proven winner" would take the position knowing the owners son is making decisions that you don't agree with and kept on getting overruled. Maybe I am way off here and if John didn't have the last name of Spanos he would be getting interviews for GM gigs, but I think he is a huge negative for any competent person to want the job.

It reminds me of when Norv and Lynn were hired. They were told they needed to keep a list of assistant coaches. What competent HC would say yes to that?????????
      I guess we all knew it, but were hoping something would change. Silly us. Riley, Norv, McCoy, Lynn, and now Staley all fit the mold: Spineless 'yes' men who were hired simply *because* they were spineless 'yes' men.

The one coach - and it could be argued the most successful HC in the Spanos Era - was fired because he had backbone (Shotty), so that probably says all that needs to be said. Woe is us.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
        "Athlete Speakers," huh? According to his bio, he played some high school football, but no college ball and no NFL ball. Well now, all you high school ex-jocks, you should be able to ALSO sign up to be an Athlete Speaker, right?

spanos speaker.JPG

Contact our Speakers Bureau for John Spanos’s booking fee, appearance cost, speaking price, endorsement and/or marketing campaign cost.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Steve_Ballmer_2014.jpg
          .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
          .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
          .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
          .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
          .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
          .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
          .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
          .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
          .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Air Coryell
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2021
            • Carlsbad, CA
            • Teacher, Coach, CFO
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

"Athlete Speakers," huh? According to his bio, he played some high school football, but no college ball and no NFL ball. Well now, all you high school ex-jocks, you should be able to ALSO sign up to be an Athlete Speaker, right?

spanos speaker.JPG

https://www.athletespeakers.com/speaker/john-spanos
            We should pool money and book him. Then let him know what a nobody he is in the NFL.

Comment

• Air Coryell
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2021
              • Carlsbad, CA
              • Teacher, Coach, CFO
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
              I personally think Alex would be furious if he knew that his offspring moved the fruits of his life's work and legacy to LA and that they "rent" a stadium. Not trying to bring that whole thing up again but I am pretty sure Papa would not be happy with these idiots either.
              Alex would be furious. He came from nothing and worked hard for his success. You always want the best for your kids, but he would not have wanted this.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

We should pool money and book him. Then let him know what a nobody he is in the NFL.
                Great idea, Air! Better yet, let's book him, but insist that he do a press conference with all the disgruntled posters at the Powdah Blues! Get all yer tough questions ready, because the media sure isn't doing their job--either that, or Johnboy is ducking most interviews...

Comment

• Air Coryell
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2021
                  • Carlsbad, CA
                  • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Great idea, Air! Better yet, let's book him, but insist that he do a press conference with all the disgruntled posters at the Powdah Blues! Get all yer tough questions ready, because the media sure isn't doing their job--either that, or Johnboy is ducking most interviews...
                  Dean and TT are also available to book on the website.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

Dean and TT are also available to book on the website.
                    Wow, how about a roundtable press conference discussion with Johnboy, Deano, TT, Staley and Lombo. Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about...

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      This is how infected the entire Chargers franchise is with Spanos progeny.

Dean Spanos (son of Alex) - Chairman of the Board
                      Michael Spanos (son of Alex) - Vice President
                      A.G. Spanos (son of Dean) - President of Business Operations
                      John Spanos (son of Dean) - President of Football Operations
                      Michael Spanos II (son of Michael) - Salary Cap & Personal Assistant

Los Angeles Chargers Front Office Roster: The official source of the latest Chargers front office, staff members and team information.

The franchise is essentially an employment for the Spanos family and their progeny.
                      Depressing.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Los Angeles Chargers Front Office Roster: The official source of the latest Chargers front office, staff members and team information.

The franchise is essentially an employment for the Spanos family and their progeny.
                        Wow no wonder this team is inept. Cursed indeed, sad

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Team would probably be more successful on field and worth more off of it - if Deano and family were nto as involved.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍