Chargers @ Falcons Pre Game Thread (Week 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Unfortunately, the Chargers did lose to the 49ers in 2000, 45-17. Ryan Leaf threw 1 TD pass and 4 INTs. It was the week after the Chargers got their only win (17-16 over the Chiefs) of that most regrettable season.

Two seasons later the league added its 32nd team (Texans) and re-aligned to create eight four-team divisions. That started a cycle of each division playing all four teams of one division from the other conference each season. The AFC West and NFC West played each other that inaugural year of the newly realigned league (and have played each other every four years since). Brees, in his first year as a starter, out-dueled Jeff Garcia and beat the Niners 20-17 in OT at Qualcomm, in Nov. 2002, starting the current 20-year five-game mastery over the 49ers.
    Fortunately, the year 2000 officially is in the 20th century, there not being a year 0.
    Chargers have not lost to the 49ers this century.
    :rasta:

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Screen Shot 2022-11-06 at 6.47.16 AM.png

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Fortunately, the year 2000 officially is in the 20th century, there not being a year 0.
        Chargers have not lost to the 49ers this century.
        :rasta:
        Yeah, there's a debate on that, whether a new century, or decade, begins or ends with the zero. Technically, if you are a mathematician, the 0 year is the end. But it is generally accepted that the 21st century started in 2000, the 20th century started in 1900, and so on. However, I will certainly make your argument to my Niner friends and family.

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

Yeah, there's a debate on that, whether a new century, or decade, begins or ends with the zero. Technically, if you are a mathematician, the 0 year is the end. But it is generally accepted that the 21st century started in 2000, the 20th century started in 1900, and so on. However, I will certainly make your argument to my Niner friends and family.
          No debate. Math is absolute, not subject to interpretation. powderblueboy is correct.

Call us math nerds and you may find yourself orbiting an electron.:lol:

Comment

• SK21209
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2020
            • San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Kind of felt like he was trying to create a bridge between the 2 teams. Like he was also hinting to the Saints he wants to be in Cali. I also think Brees has been laying the groundwork for a possible return in some fashion. Coaching or front office. Maybe ownership. And he loves JH.

My friend who gave me the "Bosa Holdout" and Rivers Packing Up His House" intel was the one to tell me Brees wants to lead a group of investors to buy the chargers. Really plugged into the professional sports scene from a Lawyer/Agent scene. I still think about that rumor. And i tend to wonder if all the Payton stuff is evolving right before our eyes. The Brees intel was given to me when he retired. Payton was still coach. Now Payton since retired and seemingly inching his way closer to LA. Brees also quickly finished his house next to my moms at the Kukuiula Club and promptly sold it the day after it was listed. For 20+ million. This was maybe back in June. He liquidated all his Kauai stuff. Just odd considering how much he loves it here. He is also a Legacy member. Like my family. Meaning he was 1 of the first 25 people to join the club years ago. They dont even do legacy membership now because the club is so massive, He is stlll a member but with no property now. Its weird to me (Topcat not his condo)

Ill say this...i bet Payton wants this job bad. Its LA. Its sunny. Its an amazing QB. And it seems like former Saints are buzzing around this team. Payton. Brees. Lombo.

I dont hate Staley. I went from Arians...Shanahan...Daboll so ive always sort of wanted an offensive minded coach over the years. Id even take Staley if his own D could stop making me wonder why its so bad under this D genius. lol
            Don't get my hopes up man lol, I love Brees. He's done some advertising for my inlaws' business in Florida and is the nicest dude. I would be thrilled if he was back with the Chargers in any capacity. I agree Payton does probably want to be here, the Saints were a joke before he got there and now he'd have the opportunity to win the first superbowl for an LA franchise in a beautiful stadium with one of, if not the, most talented QB in the league.

PS - Glad to meet another Hawaii Chargers fan, I grew up in Honolulu before moving to SD a decade ago.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

Don't get my hopes up man lol, I love Brees. He's done some advertising for my inlaws' business in Florida and is the nicest dude. I would be thrilled if he was back with the Chargers in any capacity. I agree Payton does probably want to be here, the Saints were a joke before he got there and now he'd have the opportunity to win the first superbowl for an LA franchise in a beautiful stadium with one of, if not the, most talented QB in the league.

PS - Glad to meet another Hawaii Chargers fan, I grew up in Honolulu before moving to SD a decade ago.
              Brees as partial owner of the Chargers and leading us to the promiseland is an absolute FU to Spanos. lol Brees goes to our practices. I doubt there is much animosity at this point. Those were the Smith days.

Been my 2nd home for over 40 years. Finally made the full time plunge. Aloha brother.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

The Rams already won a SB for an LA franchise.
                I just think we need to get rid of the Spanos or we are doomed.
                11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

If the new century starts with a zero, then the first century only had 99 years (there is no A.D. zero); hence, it was not a century..
                  It's not debatable: don't spare the feelings of your Niner friends - give it to them straight. If it shatters them, so be it!:killme:

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    The Rams already won a SB for an LA franchise.
                    I just think we need to get rid of the Spanos or we are doomed.
                    How does one get rid of an owner?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

How does one get rid of an owner?
                      Dirt,......see Dan Snyder. Start digging lol. Or maybe his sister will do that for us.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Dirt,......see Dan Snyder. Start digging lol. Or maybe his sister will do that for us.
                        The sister was literally the only hope and I don’t think anything happens with that.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The sister was literally the only hope and I don’t think anything happens with that.
                          We can dream.

Comment

Working...
                          X