• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
    Anyone remember that time Junior got a roughing the passer penalty on Boomer Esiason against the Jets? Might have been that '94 season, for some reason it's burned into my memory. Junior literally tapped the top of Boomer's helmet with his index finger and got the penalty. It was explained that any contact with the helmet will warrant a flag. Which is ridiculous. Seems that things like force and intent, might, ya know, play a factor.
    I remember it. That was at the start of the no blow to the qb head era.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

So did we kick some donkey butt or Wat?
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

No we needed about 15 more game day threads yesterday...
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

I was working yesterday. I can start several for next week tho.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I think each reply to each thread should be its own thread, just to make sure.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
              I was working yesterday. I can start several for next week tho.
              Do we want to win? I held back yesterday in case we wanted to tank, and really to be kind to Fleet. I make enough messes around here..
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                He's not learning anything by being benched either. This season is lost anyway. Sitting him for a series or two I can see, but they need to build this kid up. Is there anything being done in practice to help him? This guy is being buried here, a number 1 pick being wrongly utilized and wrongly coached, something needs to be done to fix him. I don't think McCoy is up to the task.
                The first lesson he needs to learn is to hold on to the ball. He doesn't really need to be 'fixed' IMO. As a runner, he's swamped every play and is lucky to get positive yardage. He shows some of what Mathews did in the sense that he has some power and can get low and break tackles to make something out of nothing. But putting the ball on the ground is not something you can recover from in practice. And it's not something that gameday experience improves. It's a mentality. I'd venture to say that he might be trying too hard to get yardage and is exposing the ball too much. But regardless, you can't drop the ball and until he gets his mind right, he's going to get the Cool Hand Luke treatment.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                  The first lesson he needs to learn is to hold on to the ball. He doesn't really need to be 'fixed' IMO. As a runner, he's swamped every play and is lucky to get positive yardage. He shows some of what Mathews did in the sense that he has some power and can get low and break tackles to make something out of nothing. But putting the ball on the ground is not something you can recover from in practice. And it's not something that gameday experience improves. It's a mentality. I'd venture to say that he might be trying too hard to get yardage and is exposing the ball too much. But regardless, you can't drop the ball and until he gets his mind right, he's going to get the Cool Hand Luke treatment.
                  While I mostly agree with your assessment, and I actually agreed with Mathews getting benched, this season is lost. Having McCoy give Gordon the "Cool Hand Luke" treatment is punishing the wrong guy. As you say, Gordon is probably trying too hard, and that's because he's running in a system that is totally unsuited for him. Nonetheless, benching him is ruining him. At least get him a goddamn touchdown for Christ's sake (IF they ever get into the red zone again that is).

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍