• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
    Moores and Towers brought wins, a stadium and downtown redevelopment. That's a far cry from the crap we see in the team now.
    Moores spent enough to get wins - until he got his stadium.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Moores spent enough to get wins - until he got his stadium.
      The Padres won the division in 2005 and 2006 so they did win after they got the stadium too. Got two playoff clinching games away (that Trevor choked in both instances) from making it to the playoffs in 2007 as well.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

I stopped watching the Pads two years ago and didn't miss it all all last year. I expect my love of the Bolts will be gone soon too.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• sandiego17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
          But Moores delivered Petco Park, locked the Padres in (they will soon be our only claim to major league sports) and revitalized downtown. All of that towers (no pun intended) over Spanos. I get that he made out on the deals but that's no concern of mine, he mostly delivered. Even with Petco he was never gonna be on the level of the Yanks, Dodgers, or Red Sox but I will agree that he pulled the swap meet scenario out and his fall from grace was embarrassing. We'll agree to disagree.
          Moores didn't have the option of moving his team to LA, the Dodgers and Angels were already north of him. He cashed out in SD and pulled a huge bait and switch in regards to his stated intentions with the team and payroll. The team won a division or two after the stadium deal, but the Chargers have won some divisions titles too, playing in the shithole that is the Q. I see more of an effort from ownership in regards to the product from Spanos then I did Moores. Like you said, agree to disagree, Cheers.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The Pads did have the option to move, just maybe not to LA.

The Chargers never committed to public relations like the Padres did under Moores's reign.

Agree to disagree.

Comment

Working...
            X