Chargers at 49ers Pregame Discussion (Week 10)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Chargers at 49ers Pregame Discussion (Week 10)

The Chargers open as 4.5 pt dogs. I hope it's not to early to start this thread. As I said in today's game day thread, I've been looking ahead to this game because almost all of my friends and family are 49er fans. The Chargers have swept the 49ers in the five games they have played this century. Brees won the first one, but Rivers was 4-0 against the 49ers and it's given me bragging rights for 20 years.

I don't know how the Chargers are going to beat a fully loaded 49ers team, with all of the injuries on offense. But this Bolts team is a pretty good road team, and even with depleted weaponry at pass catcher they are finding ways to get it done in other teams' stadiums. Does KA play in this game? Is there any chance Mike Williams plays?

With all of the BS this season, the Chargers are actually sitting in a good place. They are currently the #7 seed. They are one game back of the Chiefs and only have one more loss than the No. 1 seed. If they can hang around and remain in the playoff mix for the next half of the season, guys are going to come back and the team could be playing at close to full strength in January. Slater might even be able to play.

One game at a time.
  • Kellyb72601
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

This game vs the 49ers would likely be a loss even fully healthy IMO. It's just a bad matchup. Basically take Atlantas rushing offense, add a much better passing game, then replace Atlanta's defense with Denvers but with better pass rushers. That's about what S.F. is .

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
      This game vs the 49ers would likely be a loss even fully healthy IMO. It's just a bad matchup. Basically take Atlantas rushing offense, add a much better passing game, then replace Atlanta's defense with Denvers but with better pass rushers. That's about what S.F. is .
      You never know. The 49ers lost the game the Chargers just won. The Chargers play well on the road. They are 3-1 on the road, the one loss was the KC game where they played pretty well and were in position to win. The Niners game is a West Coast start, but the Chargers three road wins were all East Coast starts. The Chargers never won those games in the past if the opponent they were visiting was decent. (They don't have any more early starts left this season.) I'm certainly not going to bet money on the Chargers winning next week in Santa Clara, but I'm not going to chalk it up as an automatic loss.

Comment

• Classic
        Hall Of Fame
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

We can win this game if get Mike Dub back. Also have Palmer continue cooking DBs and pray our defense makes Jimmy G have to beat them and not CMC. Not sure if pipkens can go but that can make a drastic difference for this game.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

49ers will also be coming off a bye ready to make their 2nd half push, so there is that to consider as well.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Our 3rd, and perhaps worst, embarrassing loss of the season.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

@ Levi's occurred one of the most improbable Charger comeback victories ever.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

9ers have some issues of their own.
                Kittle having an off year.
                Deebo Samuel - same.
                They are starting a #3 CB, Lenoir who is nothing special Put a target on him.
                RT McGlinchey has struggled coming off injury Mack - KVN will make him look like Norton.
                They lost KC 44 - SF 23, Atl 28 - SF 24, Den 11- SF 10, Chi 19 - SF 10
                Chargers beat Den, Atl, played KC a lot closer.

IMO it'll be another close one. 50/50, who has the ball at the end.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                  The Jets just beat the Bills. There have be a ton of underdog victories this season. I am not too optimistic, the Chargers haven't had a complete game this season.

Comment

• The Intellectual Assassin
                    Serenity now!
                    • Sep 2021
                    • North Carolina
                    • Teacher
                    • Send PM

Even at full strength this was always going to be a tough one. However, I do think we can get it done as long as Herb is on point, and we can slow down all the offensive weapons they have, then anything can happen. We have been the underdog lots of times and won, see no reason we can't do so again next week.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

I think the Chargers will make the 49ers earn it.
                      I'm expecting the Chargers to play well enough to be in position to win this game. Got to make the plays. Would not be surprised to see next game come down to the final drive of the game and a FG.
                      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• joebarnin
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2019
                        • Send PM

I'm going to the game. I live nearby (Santa Cruz) - born and raised in San Diego but moved to Santa Cruz 16 years ago. I kick myself for not going to the Chargers-49ers game up here eight years ago (38-35 win in OT). So I'm going Sunday. I'm hoping for a shoot-out Chargers win like last time, but who knows? I have yet to get a grip on this years' team.

Comment

Working...
                        X