Chargers at 49ers Pregame Discussion (Week 10)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Lombo was a driver of a Formula 1 race car at the Indy 500, he'd putter along the track at about 40 mph...
    If Lombo was captain of the Titanic, he'd slow the hell down when the first iceberg was spotted.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Let's just beat the effing 9ers and argue about how ugly the coaching was and why we are ridiculously lucky and don't deserve a W later..

GO BOLTS!

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

My god this was difficult to watch and very humorous at the same time. Talk about dissing Lombardi without even using his name,,,LOL! We need to dump him as fast as possible...
        3rd and 2, 4 receivers run 4 yard routes.

What's wrong with that? The 1 yard routes were too congested.

Capture 111122.PNG

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
          Chargers Hall of Fame
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

3rd and 2, 4 receivers run 4 yard routes.

What's wrong with that? The 1 yard routes were too congested.

Capture 111122.PNG
          This makes me want to vomit. I hate Lombo's lack of creativity.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

not caught up on the thread, and.... did listen to the series of pundit vids, and.... think this one is ripe for a Chargers' victory.

gotta believe that Staley is licking his chops to turn the proverbial football world on its ear, as one thing he is not lacking in is football IQ/intel.... he has heaps/gobs of it.

I listened to the names of all the guys that SF is getting back from injury.... am not quaking in my boots.

we have Mack, we have Derwin. we also have Callahan, Mike D. and Asante.... we have Van Noy and Fox.... we have Sebastian Joseph Day.... we are not devoid of talent on D.

and we can step up our run D anytime Staley & Co. wishes to.... he can supplement his LB play w/Troy Reeder.

and ditto on O.... we are not lacking firepower.... Ekeler and Everett.... Palmer and Carter.... Herbo has targets and is getting healthier.

one of the pundits wanted Herbert to run the ball.... said pundit doesn't get it.... he can't and hasn't been able to.... the risk/reward is not worth the gambit.

Herbie is 'bout to explode.... he's gettin' healthy.... there is one code to unlock this O.... that's to throw long and dish out the intermediate lasers.... not many DBs can get in the way of those.

and don't buy the narrative that our Oline can't hold up long enough for Herbert to launch the longball.... Salyer, Feiler, Linsley, Zion.... are just as good as most any other longball throwin' O out there.

run Spiller, throw it to Carter, and in addition to the usual diet of Ekeler 'n Everett,,,, enough punches to the ribs, then you can go back to Palmer.

play Chargers football.... pass the ball.... easy on the dinkum 'n dunk'em.... run Isaiah up the middle/between the tackles to keep 'em honest, but get creative in getting Ekeler the darn ball, and get Gerald the ball over the middle of the field where he can rumble over the DBs.... he's a troublemaker as well in space.

on D, take some chances.... blitz Derwin a little bit more, and w/some unexpected stunts/games, and tell Khalil to pin his ears back and let him disrupt things, and not to be overly focused on run D.

we have to rattle Jimmy G. some and lay the wood on their jackrabbits.... let 'em know we came to play.... coaches need to take the 'cuffs off this team/scheme.
            RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'll say it again - we finished that game without our LT1, RT1, WR1, WR2, WR4, TE2 and RB2 and Herbert just getting healthy. We have no speed at all on O. How the hell do people think we are going to be able to go deep much?
              not sure why we are shortchanging the either of Carter or Palmer, as think the both of 'em would tell you that they can get open long.... thank you very much, and....

we def have the QB that can get it to 'em, and.... that's not the point.... the point is that the D has to account for the longball.... otherwise the field is shortened and the degree of difficulty for the short and medium stuff goes up exponentially.
              RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                There is an air of contempt by Bay Area sports journalists about the Charger's organization.

I don't know how many times i've heard 'Chargering' this week....its not a compliment.
                gonna change the concept of 'Chargering' to hoofing thru adversity despite whatever comes our way.... seems every game is a pivotal game, and wherein eye and others are expecting the trap door to open on/under us, and.... somehow we are still (well) under sail.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                  Let's just beat the effing 9ers and argue about how ugly the coaching was and why we are ridiculously lucky and don't deserve a W later..

GO BOLTS!
                  Agreed.

BOLTS BABY, BOLTS!

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Poster in Niner talk said that Shanahan 49er teams do not respond well following a bye week.

Shanarat Jr. blocking schemes probably require more precision & timing than most offenses - Oline a bit off.
                    don't see it.... don't get what all this hullaballooh is 'bout the 'Niners.... who are they ?? Nick Bosa & the Scrubs.... will be surprised if their "vaunted" O breaks 20 against our D.

and the Herbatron is way overdue for a breakout game.... could be a two touchdown spread.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

and wondering how team Tommy John are feelin' 'bout facing ol' Anthony Ray again ?? is Lynn really gonna run the table on his Chargers ??

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

I'll be very surprised if we don't get shut out by the 9ers. Something like 30-0, SF.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                          I'll be very surprised if we don't get shut out by the 9ers. Something like 30-0, SF.
                          That's a bit extreme.

Comment

Working...
                          X