Chargers at 49ers Pregame Discussion (Week 10)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolts4ever213
    Day One...
    • Mar 2019
    • Brentwood, 94513
    • Send PM

We need to have big plays to be in this game. Herbert shines in the lights. James get a pick and two sacks. Stuff of this nature and we win. Let’s Go. I’ve gone on silent with my daughters who are Niner fans.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

The problem is that Herbert does not play against Jimmy G. He faces the 49ers D. While Jimmy G faces the Chargers D. Our D is ranked among the worst, theirs among the best. That's the challenge that the Chargers have to overcome right there. . Record does not play any part in who will win this game. We could easily be 3-5 and the 49ers 7-1. We don't have to stop or limit the 49ers rushing in order to win this game. We do have to limit any damage they can do with the big plays whether passing or running the football We don't tackle well and that does not bode well against CMC and Deedo. We don't do particularly well against elite TEs and they have one (he may not be 100% though). But those are the reasons the so called pundits don't give us much of a chance. But I think limit the big plays (49ers do not finish their drives well. Lots of them end up in 3's instead of 7's) and we definitely have a chance to upset them. We keep it close and it's anybody's ball game. But if there is blowout expect that we'd be on the short end of that stick.
      I've made the same point in the past. QBs do not play each other, rather the opposing D. Some of our PB fans love the QBs facing each other and I gave in to the popular mano a mano concept. Shame on me.
      Regards the great stat D we will face, they posted those stats vs below average offenses aside from KC who thrashed the 9ers 44 - 21
      The 9ers will be missing a lot of DL and their #2 & #3 CBs tomorrow.
      Bosa, Warner and Charvarius Ward are the defensive top talents we'll face. That's enough, thank you, but we should be competitive.
      Close,game, LAC W in closing minutes.

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Past game stats show that Jimmy G doesn’t fare as well against teams like us in prime time games . We are them…lol. So, there’s that. I like our chances this not being a blowout, tho it might seem like that since we’re behind by double digits in the first quarter each of the last 4 games. We may get schooled tho. San Fran always seems to have our number, going back to that Super Bowl blowout. Win or lose, at least let us not have more season ending injuries. Okay? We’ll end up as a replacements team. Lots of that happening this season around the league. Why? Dunno. Blame it on the artificial turf maybe, which more and more stadiums are installing. Less expensive maintenance, more drainage after rains come game day.
        Last edited by Caslon; 11-12-2022, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• cmplxgal
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • New Jersey
          • Send PM

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

What good is a WR against opposing pass rushers that blow right by Norton? Besides, we need more screen options.
            speedy receivers get open quicker than slower ones so when you have a bad OL, speed helps alot!!! that is why reid only sign or drsfts 4.2 to 4.4 WR's..... no one slower than that...

Speed receivers also open things up for the other receivers in thge short or medium ranges,,. speed guys usually draw a CB and pull a safety..... most DC's do not want to gicve up easy quick scores...that opens things up for others.... Chargers have the slowest offense in NFL as usual.... no break away players ar RB, WR, or TE.....

and yes.... I absolutly agree chargers should have also added a pass rusher and art least one or 2 solid OL.....

but adding Roiundtree is a joke....wjhat purpose does that serve to add the worst least effective RB we have??????

typical horrible player management by chargers..... worst organization in NFL history....

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

speedy receivers get open quicker than slower ones so when you have a bad OL, speed helps alot!!! that is why reid only sign or drsfts 4.2 to 4.4 WR's..... no one slower than that...

Speed receivers also open things up for the other receivers in thge short or medium ranges,,. speed guys usually draw a CB and pull a safety..... most DC's do not want to gicve up easy quick scores...that opens things up for others.... Chargers have the slowest offense in NFL as usual.... no break away players ar RB, WR, or TE.....

and yes.... I absolutly agree chargers should have also added a pass rusher and art least one or 2 solid OL.....

but adding Roiundtree is a joke....wjhat purpose does that serve to add the worst least effective RB we have??????

typical horrible player management by chargers..... worst organization in NFL history....
              JuJu Schuster was a 4.54 combine guy.....he's currently slower than that.

I would assume a good route runner could get open quicker than a 'speedy' receiver.
              'Speedy' receiver more likely to get open deep....which takes time.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                49ers might run for 300+.... definitely will be over 200+...... and that will allow their super speedy WR's to be wide open when needed.....

Staleuy's game plan, knowing hjis defense cannot stop anything, run or pass, so he will run for the sake oif running just to waste teh clock and keep total score loe so we onlyu lose like 20 0r 23 - 10 or 13...... no embarrassment that would be worth of firing a coach.... same thing that kept marty in a job for so long....

what most do not understand is that close losses are on the coaches... blowouts are on bad personel which is on the GM....

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                  We need to have big plays to be in this game. Herbert shines in the lights. James get a pick and two sacks. Stuff of this nature and we win. Let’s Go. I’ve gone on silent with my daughters who are Niner fans.
                  those things can affect game only if it is close..... and Chargers have refused to add speed to the WR core to take advantage of Herberts stromg arm..... they have build a team for a weak armed QB, not a strong armed one....

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I've made the same point in the past. QBs do not play each other, rather the opposing D. Some of our PB fans love the QBs facing each other and I gave in to the popular mano a mano concept. Shame on me.
                    Regards the great stat D we will face, they posted those stats vs below average offenses aside from KC who thrashed the 9ers 44 - 21
                    The 9ers will be missing a lot of DL and their #2 & #3 CBs tomorrow.
                    Bosa, Warner and Charvarius Ward are the defensive top talents we'll face. That's enough, thank you, but we should be competitive.
                    Close,game, LAC W in closing minutes.
                    The W-L record of both teams each has faced is about the same. Both teams have had many injuries. Both teams have lost to bad teams. The difference is that the 49ers have gotten some guys healthy, we have gotten more guys injured. Two critical guys the 49ers get back and will play are Greenlaw and Al-Shaair. Both starters that have been out on defense. That's a big deal since KC ran all over them without those two. Verrett has not played, returned to practice and tore his ACL. So no difference there. Big difference they get CMC, Kittle looks better and Deebo is back. We lost a kicker, a starting OL and DL. That's a big reason why the 49ers are favorites. I would feel better about this game if we had our full complement, especially on offense. We don't. We'll have to rely heavily on Herbert because we cannot run the football and the 49ers just got that much better with the run D. Can Carter, Palmer. Eck and co. get the job done? Do you have faith that Lombardi will call the right game?

Comment

• kgbpasha
                      #болтап
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

After the Bolts win this, I surely hope all the doom and gloom/naysayers STFU for at least a week.
                      (But I know they won't because we didn't win by 100 points)

#BOLTUP

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

JuJu Schuster was a 4.54 combine guy.....he's currently slower than that.

I would assume a good route runner could get open quicker than a 'speedy' receiver.
                        'Speedy' receiver more likely to get open deep....which takes time.
                        ok... so you found one rare exception on a roster of 6 or 7 WR's..... and BTW, he is faster than any current Charger WR who is not on IR.....
                        NOPE..... your assumption is incorrect,,,speedy receivers can get open instantly because they have sudden quickness as well as deeop speed plus most DBas play well off of them...... unless yo just want to get open for 2 or 3 yard passes and get tackled and punt every drive..... when the defenses know you cannot threaten them deep it is really EASY to play defense..... keep everyone within 5 yards of LOS..... and offense cant do anything like has happened to chargers offense for most of this season ....

and you are forgetting we have ONLY played ONE NFL quality QB (Mahomes) and only one great team(chiefs), yet we have struggled to barely lose or barely win against really bad teams....

Chargers are the ONLY NFL team with ZERO speed WR's..... no deep threats at all..... with maybe the strongest armed QB in NFL.... again.... Chargers have worst GM, coaching and organization in footballl..... period..... LOsing close games in on the coaches.....

and SPEED WR's draw double coverage and keep safeties DEEP..... alowing other players to get open underneath...... defense has to respect the speed..... we have none and s=care no one...... thats whyu defenses are jumping all the short passes and Ekler gets hit or tackled as soon as he catches a dump off....

What intelligent reason would there be to add ROUND TREE who sucks....btw.... to a roster that has 3 good RB's(on a weak running team) while totally ignoring the desperate shortage at WR, OL, DJ... etc???????? what organization would ever be stupid enough to do that??????

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by kgbpasha View Post
                          After the Bolts win this, I surely hope all the doom and gloom/naysayers STFU for at least a week.
                          (But I know they won't because we didn't win by 100 points)

#BOLTUP
                          No kidding...if we beat the Niners, all of the sudden their 4-4 record will make sense...smh
                          The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

Working...
                          X