Chargers at 49ers Pregame Discussion (Week 10)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Chargers will run the "Tite" formation (Covington, Tito, and SJD) to try and limit McCaffrey.
    They'll put McKitty in to help RT against Nick Bosa.
    Boring, ball-control offense will drive TPB board crazy.
    Low scoring game; but definitely win-able.

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

speedy receivers get open quicker than slower ones so when you have a bad OL, speed helps alot!!! that is why reid only sign or drsfts 4.2 to 4.4 WR's..... no one slower than that...

Speed receivers also open things up for the other receivers in thge short or medium ranges,,. speed guys usually draw a CB and pull a safety..... most DC's do not want to gicve up easy quick scores...that opens things up for others.... Chargers have the slowest offense in NFL as usual.... no break away players ar RB, WR, or TE.....

and yes.... I absolutly agree chargers should have also added a pass rusher and art least one or 2 solid OL.....

but adding Roiundtree is a joke....wjhat purpose does that serve to add the worst least effective RB we have??????

typical horrible player management by chargers..... worst organization in NFL history....
      Oh I agree. Mine was a tongue-in-cheek comment. The Tillery situation is an exclamation point on player management. Just idiotic to not get some value when it was offered.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

This game is going to get ugly quickly. I predict a Jags/Seahawks kind of loss. All this talk about how the team is "different" and has been winning games that they used to lose under former coaches is all going to come crashing down as the 49ers run up the score. Can't wait to read all the positive spin that some of the Pollyannas are going to throw against the wall.

Let's face it: We're an overrated team with catastrophic injuries, not the least of which is Herbie's lingering rib issue. No way we're competitive with the League's better teams.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
          This game is going to get ugly quickly. I predict a Jags/Seahawks kind of loss. All this talk about how the team is "different" and has been winning games that they used to lose under former coaches is all going to come crashing down as the 49ers run up the score. Can't wait to read all the positive spin that some of the Pollyannas are going to throw against the wall.

Let's face it: We're an overrated team with catastrophic injuries, not the least of which is Herbie's lingering rib issue. No way we're competitive with the League's better teams.
          Yeah, I mean, I don't think so. If Herbie is just feeling a little better we have the better of the two QBs playing in this game. Not as pessimistic as you, but you never know until we start playing. LOL!
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

We need Justin Jefferson.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

I believe you're wrong. The 9ers are vastly overrated. They have played one top QB and were crushed.
              SF is missing most of their starting DL , 2 top CBs.and their RT is dinged.
              I hate to pick on wounded prey but they're on the schedule. So be it.
              McCaffery is a good, once great player. He has half as many as Ekeler's TDs this year and our run D stats suck but I don't think he can carry them.
              Herbert's ribs aren't a major issue any longer, unless someone nails them with a helmet.
              We got this.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                Who’s gonna step up and surprise us tonight?
                Carter, Spiller, and.... JUSTIN HERBERT !!

+ Troy Reeder.... against the run !!
                RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                  This game vs the 49ers would likely be a loss even fully healthy IMO. It's just a bad matchup. Basically take Atlantas rushing offense, add a much better passing game, then replace Atlanta's defense with Denvers but with better pass rushers. That's about what S.F. is .
                  This pretty well sums it up.....49ers are the best, most complete TEAM we have played this year...... they are very very good in all phases of the ball....

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

For me if we some how squeeze this win out tonite I'm fully back on the Staley train.We are a wounded team and this is when coaching has Got to step up and help us win.If a player is out of position or not making plays that's piss poor coaching.Ya got the horses ya wanted Staley win some races.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Lock step.
                      big games from all them.
                      .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                      .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                      .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                      .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                      .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                      .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                      .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                      .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                      .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

I've been asking for this. K. Murray isn't the answer. He looks the part, but he takes terrible angles and is constantly out of position. Drives me nuts. Reeder won't make the WOW! plays, but he'll make the ones he's supposed to.

Probably too much scorn from me for Murray, but its a trend that's personal to me. A lot of kids at the combine and high school camps are looked at because they are athletic and look the part in shorts, but they can't play football. I have a kid, who has 315 tackles in his HS career and he isn't even getting a sniff from D2 schools, because he doesn't run a 4.5. You can't be in the right place at the right time that many times, without being able to play the game. Sorry, for the rant. Just a concerned Dad

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I've been asking for this. K. Murray isn't the answer. He looks the part, but he takes terrible angles and is constantly out of position. Drives me nuts. Reeder won't make the WOW! plays, but he'll make the ones he's supposed to.

Probably too much scorn from me for Murray, but its a trend that's personal to me. A lot of kids at the combine and high school camps are looked at because they are athletic and look the part in shorts, but they can't play football. I have a kid, who has 315 tackles in his HS career and he isn't even getting a sniff from D2 schools, because he doesn't run a 4.5. You can't be in the right place at the right time that many times, without being able to play the game. Sorry, for the rant. Just a concerned Dad

You dont have to run a 4.5 to be a great run defender.... that kind of speed is needed to cover..... run defense is about being tough and in the right position tsaking correct angles, instincts and willingness to sacrifice your body making tough tackles that stop momentum instead of just chasing guys down from the side or behind.... sounds like your kid is a tough run defender....

I agree, that Murray is not a great defender and he is horrible in coverage(JUST LIKE HE WAS IN COLLEGE.....TT!...film does not lie!... why was this organization surprised???)...... he did some good things in college but Chargers stupidly have him in coverage most downs rather then letting him do whart he does best...

TT has made so many horrible draft choices..... most every team has better depth than chargers..... Most of TT's hits were the obvious (to experts and fans) BPA at those spots that we drafted.... like Bosa, Herbert, Slater, Zion Johnson, KA and Salyer were great pickups at their spots ...MW was a good player who is great at some things but is not the complete WR that #7 overall pick should suggest..... again #7 pick could have been used better like most of the rest of his picks.....

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍