POLL: How Do You Grade TT's 2022 Draft So Far?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Incomplete for me. I do like the results on Zion and Salyer, but the others I have no idea, but some are making contributions on Special Teams. If I include Mack as a 2nd round pick, I would say its a B, with a potential for an A.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
      solid, but the JC signing is painful. That much cap should only go to an all pro type Edge or OT/OL
      Having the gift of hindsight makes it easy to second guess the JC signing. The truth is we needed a top CB and TT went and got him.....we were all elated.......sometimes stuff just does not work. I applaud TT for having the stones to make the deal.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Having the gift of hindsight makes it easy to second guess the JC signing. The truth is we needed a top CB and TT went and got him.....we were all elated.......sometimes stuff just does not work. I applaud TT for having the stones to make the deal.
        The draft was fine... The JC signing was a miss. The money we spent on him we could of offered RB Saquon Barkley this off season. I think going forward CB's DLINE, OLINE should be addressed in the draft... At looking at what the Dolphins did, they went out and traded for the top WR in the League, and Chubb ! We probably should do something similar with a top draft pick or two as well to bring dynamic weapons for Herbert in the TE, WR, RB position, and for maybe the one or two player on D that has pro-bowl potential.

Really have to think about moving on from Allen and Bosa this offseason if we could upgrade these position as well. We need dynamic players going forward to make what we already have better. The Dolphins did this, and the Rams did it as well tho the rams sort of gave up too much, but they got a bowl!

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

The draft was fine... The JC signing was a miss. The money we spent on him we could of offered RB Saquon Barkley this off season. I think going forward CB's DLINE, OLINE should be addressed in the draft... At looking at what the Dolphins did, they went out and traded for the top WR in the League, and Chubb ! We probably should do something similar with a top draft pick or two as well to bring dynamic weapons for Herbert in the TE, WR, RB position, and for maybe the one or two player on D that has pro-bowl potential.

Really have to think about moving on from Allen and Bosa this offseason if we could upgrade these position as well. We need dynamic players going forward to make what we already have better. The Dolphins did this, and the Rams did it as well tho the rams sort of gave up too much, but they got a bowl!
          Maybe Allen as Bosa is signed thru next season and would cost to much to release. I would offer a restructure to say $20 mil for three years as he can still play at a decent level but is injured frequently. Allen I would let go and just eat the $6 mil.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

I think that would be insane. Take 10 steps back to take 1 step forward? So we can win the salary cap SB?

No thanks

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Good points, Gold. Since the draft is such a crap shoot, I'd like to see more deals like Mack for a 2nd rounder--we get a top shelf PROVEN pass rusher in a big PON...

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Good points, Gold. Since the draft is such a crap shoot, I'd like to see more deals like Mack for a 2nd rounder--we get a top shelf PROVEN pass rusher and BALL THIEF in a big PON...
                There.....I upgraded that for you.......

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Like you said it takes 3 years to fully evaluate a draft class and we have played 8 games.

Salyer has been a big surprise and Zion living up to the billing.

The rest, incomplete.
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                  181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                  225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

Working...
                  X