• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Open Letter to Alex Spanos

Not sure why this was addressed to Alex since he probably will never see it, but I'm sure Deano has. Too bad he's such a self absorbed ass to really take this message to heart.

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Repost from Mark Hoekstra;
    #OPEN LETTER TO ALEX SPANOS:
    For ten (10) years my family owned part of the Chargers. The 1st 5 years were under the majority ownership of Gene Kline. The second was under your ownership. You and my grandfather, Ernie Hahn, were visionaries. You were iconic leaders of this amazing city. I am so proud of my grandfather and I was proud to know you. You did great things for this city and we will be forever grateful.

Unfortunately you turned the team and your organization over to your son and he is not you. He has treated this city unprofessionally and without respect. More importantly he leveraged your family name and he failed. Your good name will never be again what it should have been. Legacies are hard to build, but even harder to maintain.

As I type this I am sitting at Qualcomm watching the Chargers play the Broncos. Traditionally this game would be a fierce rivalry. However, today I am surrounded by a sea of orange with barely 1/4 of the fans in attendance rooting for the Chargers. There is no one to blame for this situation but Dean. The Chargers could have and should have handled this situation with class and dignity. People understand the need for business owners to protect their interests - but there is a right way to do it. Instead Dean chose a path that diminished your initial efforts, the efforts of current players, and those of all previous coaches and players.
    Your family has ruined this team, eroded fan support, and embarrassed this city and your good name.
    Whether you move or not does not matter - you have lost me. I do not enjoy the games and do not enjoy the atmosphere. That may not seem like a big deal to you, but what you may not understand is that before you lost me you lost tens of thousands of others before me. You blew it.

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." Mark Hoekstra
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Amen.
    Great eulogy. RIP Bolts I once loved.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Dean has no heart. All he cares is about the mighty dollar.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
        Dean has no heart. All he cares is about the mighty dollar.
        For a guy who cares so much about the bottom line, he sure is very adept at not increasing it. Idiot comes to mind.

Comment

• KNSD
          Registered Charger Hater
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

sorry missed this.... another nail in the coffin of Dean Spanos.
          Prediction:
          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
            For a guy who cares so much about the bottom line, he sure is very adept at not increasing it. Idiot comes to mind.
            Next generation rich kid who rode his parents' coattails and never had to work for a damn thing in his life.

I know these people all too well.

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Um, I'm pretty sure Alex is to the point where he can't wipe his ass himself now. Not so sure what an open letter to him is going to do.

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                Um, I'm pretty sure Alex is to the point where he can't wipe his ass himself now. Not so sure what an open letter to him is going to do.
                The point was to publicly call out Deano.

Of course, Deano is a worthless turd with no heart who doesn't give a f'k about this city so this letter will wind up being a waste of time.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                  The point was to publicly call out Deano.

Of course, Deano is a worthless turd with no heart who doesn't give a f'k about this city so this letter will wind up being a waste of time.
                  Exactly, and I'm sure Deano has seen it. The thing now is hopefully the local media picks up on it and prints it, or does some kind of story, or even mentions it. Time for the local media to finally do it's job and call these civic turds out onto the carpet.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

I'm not sure Dean really cares what some guy on Instagram writes.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      I'm not sure Dean really cares what some guy on Instagram writes.
                      According to Acee, Deano is a sensitive guy, and the person who wrote this open letter is family to a former owner. Hundreds of shares on Facebook, Instagram, maybe Acee will take notice of this, or Canepa.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

The reason it was 'addressed' to Alex is not that there is the expectation that a man with dementia will read it. It was, as an Open Letter, intended for a wider audience. But it was addressed to Alex bc of what this man believes Alex brought to the city and how his son has not measured up by a mile.

The money shot is that while he had a connection to the franchise, it is shot because the whole experience is crap. And he's one of the last to check out. Many of us did it before he did. It's truly shameful and the douche can't even step forward and face the people who allowed him to have a franchise in the first place. No balls. And that's the way it's always been. It's why Archie Manning, ultimately, was right.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍