• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I'm a little surprised that Young is an open enemy of the Chargers. I thought he was better than that. F him and his bigotted opinions.
    Young has always hated the Chargers and uses every chance he gets to trash us.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Young has always hated the Chargers and uses every chance he gets to trash us.
      Why would he hate the Chargers?

Historically, he has had zero connections with the club, and always played in the NFC.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Why would he hate the Chargers?

Historically, he has had zero connections with the club, and always played in the NFC.
        It started back before we played them in the Super Bowl - not sure what set him off, but he took a lot of joy beating us and hasn't stopped bad mouthing us since then.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          Come on Steve, we’re a team whose offensive coordinator spends his nights trying to figure out how to turn a 2 inch pass into a 1 inch pass.
          To be honest, I didn't think Young's assessment was ALL that scathing. It was no 'puff piece', that's for sure, but IMO the thrust of his message is that the Chargers are NOT a team that just brings it to you, and makes you deal with it.

And he's right about that. They're trying, but they aren't there yet.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I agree with him. It starts at the top. We will always be hindered from the top and the top hired Telesco who IMO this is his last hurrah. If no playoffs or we go one and done, he needs to go.
            The problem with that is the top will hire another inexpensive, inexperienced GM. Im not down on Staley as i agree with others who said he could be a great HC given some experience and he is learning on the job here.

Telesco has been aggresive this past offseason for a change but im still concerned about his lack of getting that key player here and there in trades during the season to get us over the top. Been saying that for years about him. And yes it would be nice if we had more speed at the skill possitions though i dont think speed is everything, but playmakers is. Just trading for anybody isnt the way to go but be smart about it.

SF has made some moves for instance but they have also made some mistakes making moves as Lynch and Shanahan are still learning as well. The drafting of Lance will bite them in the ass.

We'll see what happens in teh second half when we start getting some of our studs back.

Till then, ill always keep saying.....Dean, please sell the team!
            Young is a total A-hole. He is a cheater and the only way he was able to dump the choker label was to cheat. I have no respect for him or his POS team.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

To be honest, I didn't think Young's assessment was ALL that scathing. It was no 'puff piece', that's for sure, but IMO the thrust of his message is that the Chargers are NOT a team that just brings it to you, and makes you deal with it.

Did Sean Payton ask him to say all that?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Both Steve Young and Kurt Warner obtained rings in prolific offenses.

Others did it Parcells style...or Patriots style.

A ring's a ring.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Young is simply echoing what many others have said.

Calling him names or saying he’s just making shit up because he hates the Chargers is silly stupid homerism.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

I think he's saying the same sort of things about the Chargers that us fans have been saying. If it's okay for us to say it, I'd say it's okay for him to say it. We all wish our owners would get their act together and turn this team into a consistent winner.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

While I happen to agree with Young……you could not ask for better bulletin board material right before Steve’s team plays the Chargers.

Thank you Steve. If that doesn’t light a fire under Staley and Lombo’s asses….nothing will.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Go ahead and add the Chris Simms video posted on the other thread. I think it should light a fire under Lombardi's arse!
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                          While I happen to agree with Young……you could not ask for better bulletin board material right before Steve’s team plays the Chargers.

Thank you Steve. If that doesn’t light a fire under Staley and Lombo’s asses….nothing will.
                          Why now though? We should already be red fucking hot. I dont really buy into BB material stuff because if thats what it takes to wake a team up...then players and coaches need to check themselves.

Definitely see what you are saying though. Kind of personally expected us to show up against the niners. Injuries and all. We tend to play up to good teams and down to bad teams. At least we win some of the games against bad teams we likely lose in the recent past.

Comment

Working...
                          X