• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Why now though? We should already be red fucking hot. I dont really buy into BB material stuff because if thats what it takes to wake a team up...then players and coaches need to check themselves.

Definitely see what you are saying though. Kind of personally expected us to show up against the niners. Injuries and all. We tend to play up to good teams and down to bad teams. At least we win some of the games against bad teams we likely lose in the recent past.
    Instead of BB material, I'd be happy if Lombo would just open up the O right from the get-go...instead of waiting until we're 14 points down...use the pass to set up the run...

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
      Outback Goon
      • Sep 2018
      • Australia
      • Send PM

Thanks Steve, you can join the thousands of other fans in chorus now.

I see a coach winning with 3rd stringers. We must be watching different teams

Comment

• Rugger05
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Young is a jackass. While I agree with what he is saying, Rome was not built in a day. If you look at where the Chargers o-line now compared to where is was when Staley & Co. took over it is night and day. Hell the Chargers lost their all world LT and plugged in a sixth round draft pick who is getting better each week. I still expect them to be a top 10 unit, with a QB (who most likely has cracked ribs, he finally looked like himself against Atlanta), top two WR's missing multiple games. As maddening as some of Lambo's calls are he is not going anywhere

Everyone know the Achilles heel of this offense is its pedestrian speed. Hell even Lambo said its hard to press the ball down the field with the Clydesdales they have in their WR core currently. They know they need to get more speed on offense and I fully expect that to be a top priority this offseason.

I think we all know we are in for at least one more year of Staley & TT for us. I just hope they get the toys that Herbert needs to succeed.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Steve is intelligent.
          He is a 49er thru & thru
          He is a lawyer.
          Argumentation is founded on bias.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            Steve is intelligent.
            He is a 49er thru & thru
            He is a lawyer.
            Argumentation is founded on bias.
            Any truth to the rumor that Steve Young was chaincrusher,

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Instead of BB material, I'd be happy if Lombo would just open up the O right from the get-go...instead of waiting until we're 14 points down...use the pass to set up the run...
              Just want to see JH on more roll outs. I really love watching him make plays outside the pocket. The idea of forcing him to stay in the pocket to protect his ribs? Kind of made no sense to me when someone debated that with me. I think he is more protected when he sees whats in front of him. And it buys time for our slow WRs to finish routes. Simple stuff to me.

Comment

• Katdnzr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Steve Young is just saying what every other commentator, analyst would like to say or have tried to say ever since the Chargers left San Diego, America's Finest City. Is he saying anything we don't see countless times on this board? The Chargers are perceived from most of my friends around the country as being soft and not taken seriously. Why is that? Dean Spanos!!!!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Just want to see JH on more roll outs. I really love watching him make plays outside the pocket. The idea of forcing him to stay in the pocket to protect his ribs? Kind of made no sense to me when someone debated that with me. I think he is more protected when he sees whats in front of him. And it buys time for our slow WRs to finish routes. Simple stuff to me.
                  Herbert's health and mobility is our ticket to ride.
                  We are gonna need to score a lot of points the next two Sunday nights.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

while there are more plays in the pocket i see less play action called. Seems Herb doesnt want to turn his back on def and twist his body much. When i see more PA deep shots i know Herb is healed

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Katdnzr View Post
                      Steve Young is just saying what every other commentator, analyst would like to say or have tried to say ever since the Chargers left San Diego, America's Finest City. Is he saying anything we don't see countless times on this board? The Chargers are perceived from most of my friends around the country as being soft and not taken seriously. Why is that? Dean Spanos!!!!
                      Yep. this team has been soft for the past decade or so. Hopefully Staley & Co. can change this characteristic of the team.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                        Chargers Hall of Fame
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Steve Young is correct. Even if he's a douche or this provides BB material or whatever. He's 100% right in his assessment.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Any truth to the rumor that Steve Young was chaincrusher,
                          The possibility must not be dismissed.

Comment

Working...
                          X