• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MagicMamba88
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

check out this video from last season.

Chargers must get creative, aggressive vs. Steelers in Week 11 | Chris Simms Unbuttoned | NBC Sports

Chris Simms goes inside the numbers to look at what Justin Herbert and the Chargers need to do during Week 11 if they want to take down the Steelers in L.A.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
      Picking a safety who can't tackle in the 3rd round over maybe a WR with speed still gets me a little frustrated.
      TE Greg Dulcich
      ED DeAngelo Malone
      LB Nakobe Dean
      TE Cade Otton
      RB Dameon Pierce
      OT Max Mitchell
      CB Jack Jones
      RB Zamir White

is JT Woods better than the any of 'em ??

and how is your speed receiver (Danny Gray) doing ??
      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Until the Chargers can do something as basic as string together back-to-back playoff seasons, then they will continue to get mostly brushed aside by the pundits and mostly for good reason, injuries not withstanding.

Surprised at some of the replies, to be honest. I get defending your team...but what did Young say that was really egregious or over the top?
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Classic
          Hall Of Fame
          • Dec 2014
          • Send PM

I don't think I have issue with what Young said. We've all about seen how bad this franchise can be run. I'm just tired how the media only cares about the negative aspects about this team. From ownership down to our own fans alot of people have issues with promoting the positive aspects of the Chargers.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
            I don't think I have issue with what Young said. We've all about seen how bad this franchise can be run. I'm just tired how the media only cares about the negative aspects about this team. From ownership down to our own fans alot of people have issues with promoting the positive aspects of the Chargers.
            Like all the trophys we have won?

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
              You forget how we were the offseason/preseason darlings and all the positive press we got.

I do agree that to be fair, they should be highlighting the obscene number of injuries we have, but this is a team still trying to get out of its own way as well as all the ownership issues.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

You forget how we were the offseason/preseason darlings and all the positive press we got.

I do agree that to be fair, they should be highlighting the obscene number of injuries we have, but this is a team still trying to get out of its own way as well as all the ownership issues.
                Because we are massively injured most seasons.We are the woulda shoulda coulda team of the NFL.The Chargers motto is next season.

Comment

• northerner
                  Charger fan since '79
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Steve Young is a smart guy and usually tells like it is - he is one of the best guests on PTI. Staley better win some games.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I agree with him. It starts at the top. We will always be hindered from the top and the top hired Telesco who IMO this is his last hurrah. If no playoffs or we go one and done, he needs to go.
                    The problem with that is the top will hire another inexpensive, inexperienced GM. Im not down on Staley as i agree with others who said he could be a great HC given some experience and he is learning on the job here.

Telesco has been aggresive this past offseason for a change but im still concerned about his lack of getting that key player here and there in trades during the season to get us over the top. Been saying that for years about him. And yes it would be nice if we had more speed at the skill possitions though i dont think speed is everything, but playmakers is. Just trading for anybody isnt the way to go but be smart about it.

SF has made some moves for instance but they have also made some mistakes making moves as Lynch and Shanahan are still learning as well. The drafting of Lance will bite them in the ass.

We'll see what happens in teh second half when we start getting some of our studs back.

Till then, ill always keep saying.....Dean, please sell the team!
                    I’m more concerned with Telesco’s basics at the blocking and tackling of mid-round draft pick GM work. I don’t like his percentages at all, far too many players after Rd 1 (where he has had good picks mostly) are barely average NFL talent if they make it at all. The roster just has never gotten that big draft infusion boost that the top teams get repeatedly/often enough to be elite. This year’s draft looks better (with some projection). Woods stands out as a very iffy pick at this point.

Rd2 - Mack - great but short shelf life imo
                    Rd3 - *Woods - MIA
                    Rd4 - Spiller - decent, not a head-turning game changer
                    Rd5 - *Ogbonnia - looking like a miss so far, too soon to convict
                    Rd6 - Salyer - great pick
                    Rd6 - *Taylor - havent seen him
                    Rd7 - *Leonard - maybe
                    Rd7 - Horvath - i like him

So long term, as Mack fades in a couple years, what do we have past Rd1 if none of the others develop: an average RB, a steal OT, and a usable but not game changing FB? One superior player in 8 picks is not moving the roster forward. Its been the same for 10 years.
                    and so far, his big FA moves in this off-season that gave us such hope have decidedly not been home runs.

Staley still needs to learn how to prepare his team to excel. Their preparation to compete is not consistently on par with the best teams in the league and does not match his talk. I think he needs better coordinators and asst coaches, and yes some time to learn. I still like him but he too needs to take steps forward. Grow or die.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’m more concerned with Telesco’s basics at the blocking and tackling of mid-round draft pick GM work. I don’t like his percentages at all, far too many players after Rd 1 (where he has had good picks mostly) are barely average NFL talent if they make it at all. The roster just has never gotten that big draft infusion boost that the top teams get repeatedly/often enough to be elite. This year’s draft looks better (with some projection). Woods stands out as a very iffy pick at this point.

Rd2 - Mack - great but short shelf life imo
                      Rd3 - *Woods - MIA
                      Rd4 - Spiller - decent, not a head-turning game changer
                      Rd5 - *Ogbonnia - looking like a miss so far, too soon to convict
                      Rd6 - Salyer - great pick
                      Rd6 - *Taylor - havent seen him
                      Rd7 - *Leonard - maybe
                      Rd7 - Horvath - i like him

So long term, as Mack fades in a couple years, what do we have past Rd1 if none of the others develop: an average RB, a steal OT, and a usable but not game changing FB? One superior player in 8 picks is not moving the roster forward. Its been the same for 10 years.
                      and so far, his big FA moves in this off-season that gave us such hope have decidedly not been home runs.

Staley still needs to learn how to prepare his team to excel. Their preparation to compete is not consistently on par with the best teams in the league and does not match his talk. I think he needs better coordinators and asst coaches, and yes some time to learn. I still like him but he too needs to take steps forward. Grow or die.
                      You are already putting final scores on this rookie class after 8 games?

C-Mon now, you should know better than that. I have high hopes for Woods. Spiller I think will be a good player for us. The CBs show promise, Salyer has been solid.
                      Dispite what everybody else thinks of Horvath, he hasn't been that impressive to me. You like him based on what?
                      What has he done so far?

He isn't that great of a blocker and he caught a couple of short 2-3 yard TD passes. Nabors did that. I give him time as well but I' ve yet to
                      see anything special, but he is big/strong for 3rd and 4th and 1's.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-13-2022, 05:14 PM.
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
                      181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                      225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• jox g
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Steve Young! Secret Charger fan?!
                        He either does hate the Bolts OR.....like many of us who love the Bolts, get fiercely critical. Might have a secret Bromance for the team

Comment

Working...
                        X