• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

POLL: Who is Our Next Kelce?

Tough watching Mahomes and Kelce burn us time after time in that last game. Even though the Chefs were down two wideouts, no problem. Just keep slinging the rock to Kelce and his YAC does the rest. We haven't had a true TE game-changer since Winslow and Gates. HH would be a decent runner-up. I like Everett, but now he's been bit by the injury bug. Plus, the dude seems to get winded easily, and needs to sit out a play or two, especially after a play he's involved in. Parham is a decent weapon when healthy. And that's a concern. I'm not too high on McKitty. Too many key drops. Not sure this guy is the answer. Rodgers is a stop-gap, injury-plagued JAG who is on the wrong side of 30. Stone Smartt may have promise, but is a bit light for a TE at only 226#.

I'm thinking TE is getting to be a big PON. Do we roll the dice early? Or do we try again in the mid rounds for our next TE in the style of Gronk or Kelce (minus the showboating dancing to the EZ). Or do we pick up an FA? Who do you like? Mayer out of Notre Dame is being called "Baby Gronk," but he probably goes in round 1. Washington and Gilbert out of Georgia might be tempting if there in rounds 2-3. What's your preference?

TE's.JPG

Tight End s prospect rankings for the 2023 NFL Draft. Breakdowns of the best Tight End prospects and averages of other scouting reports.
    Mayer, Notre Dame
    14.29%
    Washington, Georgia
    28.57%
    Gilbert, Georgia
    0%
    Musgrage, Oregon St.
    0%
    LaPorta, Iowa
    0%
    Kincaid, Utah
    42.86%
    Billingsley, Texas
    0%
    Latu, Alabama
    0%
    Bell, South Carolina
    0%
    Kraft, South Dakota St.
    0%
    Gindorf, North Dakota St.
    0%
    Cade Stover, Ohio St.
    0%
    Spann-Ford, Minnesota
    0%
    Other
    0%
    Sign a quality FA
    14.29%
    Roll with what we've got
    0%
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

None of those guys will ever become Kelce.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

I ran into a Chiefs fan in a #87 home jersey at the sports bar I went to for our game last night.

I told him, in my opinion, Kelce is the best TE ever.

Mike Mayer, TE Notre Dame sits atop my Round 1 clusta ATM.
      You don't know ball

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
        Tough watching Mahomes and Kelce burn us time after time in that last game. Even though the Chefs were down two wideouts, no problem. Just keep slinging the rock to Kelce and his YAC does the rest. We haven't had a true TE game-changer since Winslow and Gates. HH would be a decent runner-up. I like Everett, but now he's been bit by the injury bug. Plus, the dude seems to get winded easily, and needs to sit out a play or two, especially after a play he's involved in. Parham is a decent weapon when healthy. And that's a concern. I'm not too high on McKitty. Too many key drops. Not sure this guy is the answer. Rodgers is a stop-gap, injury-plagued JAG who is on the wrong side of 30. Stone Smartt may have promise, but is a bit light for a TE at only 226#.

I'm thinking TE is getting to be a big PON. Do we roll the dice early? Or do we try again in the mid rounds for our next TE in the style of Gronk or Kelce (minus the showboating dancing to the EZ). Or do we pick up an FA? Who do you like? Mayer out of Notre Dame is being called "Baby Gronk," but he probably goes in round 1. Washington and Gilbert out of Georgia might be tempting if there in rounds 2-3. What's your preference?

TE's.JPG

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/TE/1/2023
        blame the coaches..... chiefs and mahomes expected Chargers to double him and take him away..... but Staley sure surprised them by leaving Kelsey single covered the entire game....... like we did in previous game or one before that where Kelsey also scored 3 TD's..... and made it look like taking candy from babies......

and predicting that a TE will end up being a star is very difficult.... like picking one in FF.... lol... but I do agree we need a solid all round TE.... Everette has talent and is a very good receiver and is really fast and nimble for a TE... also runs with speed and power.....
        RB's easy.... WR's..... semi easy..... top OL, easy...... top CB's easy.... QB's hard..... pass rushers, hard....

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

blame the coaches..... chiefs and mahomes expected Chargers to double him and take him away..... but Staley sure surprised them by leaving Kelsey single covered the entire game....... like we did in previous game or one before that where Kelsey also scored 3 TD's..... and made it look like taking candy from babies......

and predicting that a TE will end up being a star is very difficult.... like picking one in FF.... lol... but I do agree we need a solid all round TE.... Everette has talent and is a very good receiver and is really fast and nimble for a TE... also runs with speed and power.....
          RB's easy.... WR's..... semi easy..... top OL, easy...... top CB's easy.... QB's hard..... pass rushers, hard....
          I like this comment.
          The topic might as well be who will be our next Ray Lewis.....will there be a Ray Lewis in the upcoming draft?
          Personally, I think a healthy Gronk is the best tight end ever.

Lets twist this topic to something more productive: how Staley is not an adequate DC, much less a head coach..:beer:

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            I ran into a Chiefs fan in a #87 home jersey at the sports bar I went to for our game last night.

I told him, in my opinion, Kelce is the best TE ever.

Mike Mayer, TE Notre Dame sits atop my Round 1 clusta ATM.
            TT approves of your choice...
            (if he's there at #18, I might take him also)

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I like this comment.
              The topic might as well be who will be our next Ray Lewis.....will there be a Ray Lewis in the upcoming draft?
              Personally, I think a healthy Gronk is the best tight end ever.

Lets twist this topic to something more productive: how Staley is not an adequate DC, much less a head coach..:beer:
              Now THAT would be a different POLL...do u want me to start up THAT one also?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

TT approves of your choice...
                (if he's there at #18, I might take him also)
                Expect a run on CB, EDGE, OT.
                You don't know ball

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

The thing about Dalton Kincaid is that he is fantastic player that will have a great NFL career, BUT it is arguable he is not even the best TE on the Utah roster. Utah TE Brant Kuithe is an amazing talent that tore it up last year (600+ yards and 7 total tds) and came back this year for another crack at it but unfortunately blew out his knee in week 4. If his knee is ready to go he will absolutely be a weapon and hopefully a team (the Chargers) takes a chance on him.

That said, in this poll I voted for Dalton Kincaid.
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Tre' McKitty

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Expect a run on CB, EDGE, OT.
                      Would you rather have the #1 TE, or the #3 or #4 CB, Edge or OT? Though I think a run-stuffing DT is pretty high up on the PON list. Maybe we trade away another 2nd rounder for one...maybe the Mack lightning strikes twice...

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Consensus CB ranking right now:
                        1) Mingo 2) Porter Jr. 3) Smith 4) Gonzalez 5) Phillips III

Consensus EDGE rankings right now:
                        1) Will Anderson 2) Myles Murphy 3) Tyree Wilson 4) Felix Anudike-Uzomah 5) BJ Ojulari 6) Isaiah Foskey

I would take any of these players over any TE in this draft.
                        BTW... Kelce was drafted in the 3rd round... Kittle the 5th... and Gates...
                        Just say'in.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡