Chargers @ Cardinals Pregame Thread (Week 12)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

will quote your shorter post in the interest of brevity, and.... the grass is not greener on the other side, the grass is greener where you water it.

will also add that most indoor plants die from overwatering.... which is it Velo ??

are you staying in a McCoy/Lynn/Staley relationship for the wrong reasons and for two unnecessary seasons ?? and do you think 'tis best for your Chargers to stay the course w/Staley, just as they have w/Lynn and McCoy ?? is that better for your personal emotional health ?? or would you be too miserable if we let Brandon go "early" and in fear we would only repeat the same ineptitude ??

are we putting off the inevitable by sticking w/Stalesco ??

my personal take is that we (us posters) are doing our best to keep the grass watered, and however that might be w/the artificial SoFi turf.

shaming or smearing other posters as angry, pulling their hair out, losing our minds, mentally distressed, completely negative, whining and crying all the time, emotionally imbalanced, and further go on to question why we are here, eye might advise you to look in the mirror and stfu.

and eye understand, believe you me.... eye get your buy in, your prerogative, and that you find my/our posts unacceptable, and that you apparently would be better off if I didn't post here.

good on yah and so be it.... I worked as an usher in the late seventies at Jack Murphy and have never looked back, and am sure as heck not hitting the brakes coz of your cautionary tale.

really don't care for your shaming/smearing, and do recall you being an MW doubter early on, and that you have since reversed course and become a big supporter of his.

we all ebb and flow here, and will remind you that even Chain had his admirers at times.... live and let live, and do your best to enjoy our ongrowing story here at the Powder Blues.... brother !!
    If you were a friend or a member of my family and you were in a relationship with someone you have grown to dislike and you are always angry over decisions that you have no control over, I would advise you to leave the relationship for your own mental health; your good mental health is more important than anything else.

The same principle applies here. If you are so angry with the ownership and management of this franchise - which I totally understand - and all you can do is vent your venom over and over again, I advise you, for your own mental health, to leave the relationship.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

There's just two types of people I guess.Some are line toers and some of us who just cant,wont,and don't fall in line.This team has never won a superbowl ever,not one.Until then this team is a losing franchise and I for one cant polish a turd.Ive defended my team from opposing fans,mostly raiturds for decades and will continue but I will never,ever defend these lame ass,dim witted,silver spooned bunch of douche bag owners.I love my team,I hate these owners and the way they have made our team a fuckin joke to most NFL fans for a long time.I said it before and there is No way to intelligently argue this point,if ya can't win with Justin fuckin Herbert at QB your unqualified to run an NFL team,period.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        This is probably sound advice

Sometimes I get upset by negative posts but I shouldn't because they are simply someone's opinion. I even find myself waffling over to the negative side at times.
        Cant really blame you Chargeroo it is human.

Alot of preaching in this thread about how Charger fans should or should not behave. Apparently you are not allowed to be negative. So are LONG SUFFERING Charger fans being negative or just calling it as they see it...or have seen it for decades??

Fans who love their team vent, That is what fans do.

I have been committed as a fan to this team loyally for 44 years. You even longer Chargeroo. What we have seen is NO Super Bowl trophy, very few playoff seasons and a shit ton of losing. On top of that we have to listen to the national football media laugh every year about the Chargers "Chargering"

So if fans want to come here to vent and voice their frustration I really dont see a problem with it. This season is especially frustrating as it was supposed to be a big year but it is turning into same old. Yes injuries have been ruthless but they always are to the Chargers more than any other team it seems.

What pisses me off is now Justin Herbert is under the national media scorn. He is not a "winner" Now the best thing to ever happen to this franchise is being dragged down by this organization. Other young franchise QBs have been surrounded by better weapons for thieir skills sets, better offences, better offensive coaching and defences that actually give them a chance to make the playoffs and win the big games.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

I find it humorous to equate Staley to McCoy and/or Lynn...
          I also find it humorous to hear that Telesco is (and always will be) stuck in his old ways...

Did no one see this past off-season in regards to FA signings (2 years running now) and notice that he's been finding talent early/late...?
          When you look at some of the best teams in the NFL (and their recent drafts)... does anybody really think they hit on all of their picks...?

This off-season, the Chiefs used a 1st round pick on a guy who has 0.5 sacks so far this season...
          The Chargers used their 2nd round pick on a guy who has 7 sacks so far this season...

I understand people are disappointed about the team's record and injuries thus far... but let's try to have a bit more balanced conversations/analysis.
          I let people vent for quite a while... it get its therapeutic value. But at what point do move the conversation from bitch-fest to question/analysis...?

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
            I also find it humorous to hear that Telesco is (and always will be) stuck in his old ways...

Did no one see this past off-season in regards to FA signings (2 years running now) and notice that he's been finding talent early/late...?
            When you look at some of the best teams in the NFL (and their recent drafts)... does anybody really think they hit on all of their picks...?

This off-season, the Chiefs used a 1st round pick on a guy who has 0.5 sacks so far this season...
            The Chargers used their 2nd round pick on a guy who has 7 sacks so far this season...

I understand people are disappointed about the team's record and injuries thus far... but let's try to have a bit more balanced conversations/analysis.
            I let people vent for quite a while... it get its therapeutic value. But at what point do move the conversation from bitch-fest to question/analysis...?
            This x 1000.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Have you actually looked at the Chiefs draft from top to bottom?

They killed it. Whether Karlaftis is off to a slow start or not.

The Chiefs just keep retooling in the draft brilliantly and have 10 picks in 2023...and they keep WINNING.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

I just want to see the Chargers D make stops on the 3rd and longs. Drives me crazy to see teams convert them. It has absolutely killed this team not just this year but that last couple of years.
                1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                2a- #33 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                2b- #37 Fiske DT
                3a- #66 Puni OT
                3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                4a- #105 Rice WR
                4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                5- #140 Green CB
                6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Mike Will is out for the Cards. :frown:

Michael Davis is listed as questionable but will play, per Staley.

Adderley is doubtful.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Have you actually looked at the Chiefs draft from top to bottom?

They killed it. Whether Karlaftis is off to a slow start or not.

The Chiefs just keep retooling in the draft brilliantly and have 10 picks in 2023...and they keep WINNING.
                    Not only do I look @ the Chiefs draft EVERY year... but I do a lot of research on ALL of the draft prospects that ALL of the teams select.
                    I will tell you now that the Chiefs often pick guys I like (Trent McDuffie, Bryan Cook, Leo Chanel, Jaylen Watson, Creed Humphrey, Willie Gay, Juan Thornhill, Chris Jones...).
                    And often they pick over-rated (IMO) players or players that outright suck (Karlaftis, Sky Moore, Joshua Kaindoh, Lucas Niang, Breeland Speaks, Tanoh Kpassagnon, Jehue Chesson, Kelvarae Russell...). And then, of course, they pluck some talented players that no one else will touch... Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelce, Marcus Peters... then claim brilliance!

If you'd like to compare draft pick by draft pick Chargers/Chiefs over the last 10 years... I'm your huckleberry!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Not certain where you get the smug confidence that Staley has outperformed McCoy or Lynn by year two.
                      Equate him? By this time in their respective head coaching lives, their Charger teams have outperformed Staley's.
                      McCoy lost a ton of players his 2nd season, and Rivers had a ruptured disc in his back.

It always seems like Telesco is finding talent early and late in his last draft.
                      Then 4 years roll by and they don't resign anyone from that fantastic draft class of 4 years ago.

That 7 sack guy only has a few years left, and is costing a lot of money(he's worth it).
                      He's not setting the 2024 Charger team up to have success....they need to win now for spending that 2nd pick to be a good move.
                      Abe Lucas or Khalil Mack in 2024?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

If you were a friend or a member of my family and you were in a relationship with someone you have grown to dislike and you are always angry over decisions that you have no control over, I would advise you to leave the relationship for your own mental health; your good mental health is more important than anything else.

The same principle applies here. If you are so angry with the ownership and management of this franchise - which I totally understand - and all you can do is vent your venom over and over again, I advise you, for your own mental health, to leave the relationship.
                        Maybe, you should just put us on ignore.

When you start using phrases like 'vent(ing) your venom over and over again' it seems like you are in a bad mental state over our posts,
                        and your motivation is not necessarily one of concern about other's mental health.

Putting us on ignore is so easy: it would uncomplicate your life,
                        and allow you to focus on how the Chargers are poised to break out and conquer the league
                        in peace & tranquility.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Maybe, you should just put us on ignore.

When you start using phrases like 'vent(ing) your venom over and over again' it seems like you are in a bad mental state over our posts,
                          and your motivation is not necessarily one of concern about other's mental health.

Putting us on ignore is so easy: it would uncomplicate your life,
                          and allow you to focus on how the Chargers are poised to break out and conquer the league
                          in peace & tranquility.
                          I already ignore posts from several posters because rarely are they worth my time to read them.

I am genuinely concerned for the mental health of one or two people who post here who have become unhinged in their anger at the Spanoses and Telesco. I'm just advising people to let go of relationships if they become too toxic. That is all.

Comment

Working...
                          X