Chargers @ Cardinals Pregame Thread (Week 12)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

That's bad-ass, Velo! My mother-in-law worked for a non-profit documenting human suffering in El Salvador/Nicaragua in the 80's.
    In the late 80's and early 90's, I came to know many refugees/asylum seekers from those areas. Heartbreaking stories.
    I'd like to know more. I'll DM you.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Imho I say Payton is a crackpipe dream, primarily because of money.
      wts, if I'm wrong, I can't imagine Payton being serious about Arizona, if he's interested in coming back to the NFL, I think he has eyes only for us.
      if he does have legitimate interest in us it's because he's willing to take less for a shot at a ring.
      He's smart enough to try to negotiate the best deal he can, but does he REALLY think Arizona has the roster or even QB to win?
      not buying it.
      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
        Meet Payton demands there are way better chances(like 1000 times better) that he creates a winner than Telesco/Staley.
        Winner - more value to franchise - more $$ for Spanos.

Just buzz his return create is worth it, media will be all over Payton & Herbert lovestory.

Pay the man - it is just investment.
        You would think Baby Spanos would be eager to be the first Chargers CEO of FB Ops to bring in the big name and win the first ever Chargers superbowl.
        come on Johnny, put your grandfather's money where your mouth is!
        Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            What about Marquise Brown? I read that Rondale Moore won't play, no big loss for them though.

Comment

• Berserker76
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

You would think Baby Spanos would be eager to be the first Chargers CEO of FB Ops to bring in the big name and win the first ever Chargers superbowl.
              come on Johnny, put your grandfather's money where your mouth is!
              Everyone with half a brain would think that, right? What does that tell you?

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                Meet Payton demands there are way better chances(like 1000 times better) that he creates a winner than Telesco/Staley.
                Winner - more value to franchise - more $$ for Spanos.

Just buzz his return create is worth it, media will be all over Payton & Herbert lovestory.

Pay the man - it is just investment.
                Totally agree that wins = money.
                Currently Chargers have an NFL top 5 roster - less injuries assembled by Telesco & Staley..
                I have questions about coordinators.
                Regardless, no chance I''d give up on this season before it's over.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Everyone with half a brain would think that, right? What does that tell you?
                  That you have half a brain?

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

I've come to the conclusion that the Spanoses are who they are, and to expect change from them is futile. They are never going to drop a boatload of bread on a guy like Payton and turn over control of the team to him. This franchise is run like a family business, and it will always be this way as long as the Spanoses own it.

The key to not losing your mind as a Chargers fan is to accept these facts. John Spanos is here to stay and so is Telesco, most likely. If you find this unacceptable, I advise you to find another team to be a fan of.

If you choose to remain a fan, instead of whining and crying all the time, you will have to buy into Telesco and Staley. This is reality. Again, if you just can't do it, I advise you to find another team. Telesco is not perfect, he's definitely made some questionable decisions and acquisitions, some of his picks have been atrocious, but he's hit on his share too. Herbert, Slater, James, Bosa, Mike Will, Keenan Allen. Staley without question was not ready to be a head coach in the NFL. He was in over his head last season. But he did manage to win nine out of 17 games.

As a fan of the Chargers, you have to put your faith into Telesco and Staley that they will learn from their mistakes and improve. There are signs this team is starting to turn a corner. It's true the Chargers haven't beaten a winning team this season, but they aren't getting dominated and blown out by elite teams either. You have to believe that at some point everything the Telesco/Staley are trying to do is going start working, this teams is going to click, and suddenly everything starts falling into place. It could happen this season, if the Chargers get into the post-season with key players back from injury, any thing can happen.

If you don't buy into this, that is your prerogative. But this is what it is, and it's not going to change. It's going to be Staley/Telesco for awhile and John Spanos forever. My advice to you if you just can't accept it, or you have too much anger from perceived past ineptitude, the best thing for your mental health is to quit the Chargers altogether. We'll all be happier and better for it.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Getting very close to having the full squad back on the offensive side of the ball. Everett should be back, Kelley should be back, MW might be back. Keenan didn’t have a setback. All the pieces are there except Slater.

I hope they give Stone Smartt more work as TE2. If we have to outscore teams at least we have the personnel now to do it. Let’s roll

Comment

• Air Coryell
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2021
                        • Carlsbad, CA
                        • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        Getting very close to having the full squad back on the offensive side of the ball. Everett should be back, Kelley should be back, MW might be back. Keenan didn’t have a setback. All the pieces are there except Slater.

I hope they give Stone Smartt more work as TE2. If we have to outscore teams at least we have the personnel now to do it. Let’s roll
                        MW won't be back for Az. A high ankle sprain takes many weeks to heal. He should not have been active last week.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

What about Marquise Brown? I read that Rondale Moore won't play, no big loss for them though.
                          Just our luck. Better not see him running around like speedy Gonzalez for 20 seconds

Comment

Working...
                          X