Chargers @ Cardinals Pregame Thread (Week 12)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

And those that *do* buy into it seem to be content with a continuation of the last 30+ years of that culture of failure. It may surprise you to know that there are others who would like to see it change and root for a franchise that is successful.

Pollyannas are a funny group.
    Pessimists aren't.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Pessimists aren't.
      No, they are actually just kind of sad. Living life looking at the negative side of everything is just a horrible way to go through life, IMO.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

And those that *do* buy into it seem to be content with a continuation of the last 30+ years of that culture of failure. It may surprise you to know that there are others who would like to see it change and root for a franchise that is successful.

Pollyannas are a funny group.
        You did not read what I wrote.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

It's not over?
          Last year at this time the Bengals had the same record the Bolts have now. Why give up so early? Herbert seems to have healed up now, KA is back, and MW is getting better. If our offense can return to last year's output, it will take away some of the running the opponents are doing. All I want for Christmas is a 7 game win streak!
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jubei
            Vagabond Ninja
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

And the blatant Callahan push off that gave the Chefs 18 yards.
            RIGHT?! I was gonna mention that as well!

Comment

• jubei
              Vagabond Ninja
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Last year at this time the Bengals had the same record the Bolts have now. Why give up so early? Herbert seems to have healed up now, KA is back, and MW is getting better. If our offense can return to last year's output, it will take away some of the running the opponents are doing. All I want for Christmas is a 7 game win streak!
              We still need the D roo...cuz our D is SOOOOO bad.

Comment

• SBbound
                Casual fanatic
                • Feb 2019
                • Merced/San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

No, they are actually just kind of sad. Living life looking at the negative side of everything is just a horrible way to go through life, IMO.
                Sometimes I wonder how these guys even get out bed in the morning.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

We still need the D roo...cuz our D is SOOOOO bad.
                  Bosa will be back

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                    Newby?
                    AJ Smith was an ill tempered "my way or the highway" pushy ass hat. Marty was a top quality regular season coach who went 14-2 and AJ fired him.
                    Staley chose most of our FAs, coaches, trainers, etc and had strong influence of the draft.
                    For the most part, he & TT run this team.
                    Odds are excellent that if TT made a strong move to to hire Payton, complete with graphs of why Staley is the weak link, what Payton wants, what the Saints want, why TT believes it's the highway to the S B, Dean would rubber stamp it. Assuming it's financially viable.
                    Ive been a fan longer than anyone here except Roo..... AJ smith was tough on the HC, not on ownwership...... Marty was a good coach for bad teams but not a good coach for a good team(too conservative to win in playoffs where he became even more conservative)......fired because he tried to run things and gave spanos an ultimatum....hire my brother and son or else.... and justifiably he was fired.... he should have been fired after jet playoff loss.... his bad game day decisiions cost us that game....

Marty was the last expensive coach Spanos has ever hired and spanos held on to heid until his 5 million per year guaranteed contract was over.......... Everyone after that was a bargain basement scrub....... and we have gone through coach after coach aster coach.....

Coach money is not required and not part of the cap so it comes out of spanos pockletbook which is his profit..... and he makes just as much money with a losing team as he does with a winner.....
                    zero motivation for him to spend extra money on a HC...... and again no way he can tolerate a HC who is not a nice soft yes man......

I would love to be wrong but over 50 years of watching the worst managed team in NFL proves otherwise.....

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Beating the Cards won't be easy if they have Kyler Murray back with Hopkins and Marquise Brown. Brown and Hopkins have not been on the field together yet. Brown is expected to be active against the Chargers, but allegedly he will be limited, on a pitch count.

The Cards' defense is No. 23 in pass defense and 31st in points allowed, averaging 26.9 yds per game. They don't get much pressure on the QB, their 19 sacks is tied for 25th in league.

The Chargers will win if Herbert has a big day.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Ive been a fan longer than anyone here except Roo..... AJ smith was tough on the HC, not on ownwership...... Marty was a good coach for bad teams but not a good coach for a good team(too conservative to win in playoffs where he became even more conservative)......fired because he tried to run things and gave spanos an ultimatum....hire my brother and son or else.... and justifiably he was fired.... he should have been fired after jet playoff loss.... his bad game day decisiions cost us that game....

Marty was the last expensive coach Spanos has ever hired and spanos held on to heid until his 5 million per year guaranteed contract was over.......... Everyone after that was a bargain basement scrub....... and we have gone through coach after coach aster coach.....

Coach money is not required and not part of the cap so it comes out of spanos pockletbook which is his profit..... and he makes just as much money with a losing team as he does with a winner.....
                        zero motivation for him to spend extra money on a HC...... and again no way he can tolerate a HC who is not a nice soft yes man......

I would love to be wrong but over 50 years of watching the worst managed team in NFL proves otherwise.....
                        My advice to you is to stop being a Chargers fan. You have so much pent up anger and you obviously detest the Spanoses as owners. I'm not saying you are wrong to do so, but the Spanoses are going to keep on Spanosing and if you can't handle that, I really think you are better off walking away as a fan for your mental and eventual physical health.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          I've come to the conclusion that the Spanoses are who they are, and to expect change from them is futile. They are never going to drop a boatload of bread on a guy like Payton and turn over control of the team to him. This franchise is run like a family business, and it will always be this way as long as the Spanoses own it.

The key to not losing your mind as a Chargers fan is to accept these facts. John Spanos is here to stay and so is Telesco, most likely. If you find this unacceptable, I advise you to find another team to be a fan of.

If you choose to remain a fan, instead of whining and crying all the time, you will have to buy into Telesco and Staley. This is reality. Again, if you just can't do it, I advise you to find another team. Telesco is not perfect, he's definitely made some questionable decisions and acquisitions, some of his picks have been atrocious, but he's hit on his share too. Herbert, Slater, James, Bosa, Mike Will, Keenan Allen. Staley without question was not ready to be a head coach in the NFL. He was in over his head last season. But he did manage to win nine out of 17 games.

As a fan of the Chargers, you have to put your faith into Telesco and Staley that they will learn from their mistakes and improve. There are signs this team is starting to turn a corner. It's true the Chargers haven't beaten a winning team this season, but they aren't getting dominated and blown out by elite teams either. You have to believe that at some point everything the Telesco/Staley are trying to do is going start working, this teams is going to click, and suddenly everything starts falling into place. It could happen this season, if the Chargers get into the post-season with key players back from injury, any thing can happen.

If you don't buy into this, that is your prerogative. But this is what it is, and it's not going to change. It's going to be Staley/Telesco for awhile and John Spanos forever. My advice to you if you just can't accept it, or you have too much anger from perceived past ineptitude, the best thing for your mental health is to quit the Chargers altogether. We'll all be happier and better for it.
                          think the above is a little over the top.... yes, young John is here to stay, and guessing he'd like to resign young Tom as well, and.... there are def some questions as to the wisdom/viability of that ??

and Stalesco is different than McVisor and/or Anthony Ray ?? were you singing the same tune halfway thru their respective campaigns ??

weren't we all served the same Kool-aid @the McCoy/Lynn midpoint as well ??

and does Dean keep the team "forever" ??

and what about the vet/esteemed players in the clubhouse.... are you so certain that they are "down" w/their HC ??

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍