• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

OT: Please Use The "Report Post" Feature

I cant read every post in every thread. Neither can the staff. This is volunteer stuff here. Nobody is paid. Nobody works at TPB. Just fans trying to keep the peace. We have always expected members to help police this community. We are all on the same team here.

And yes guys are down on the team. Others are really optimistic. Asking staff to curb negativity is a tall order. Now that we are the size we are. Lots of opinions.

If you are annoyed by members and their takes...ignore them or block them. You can do that from your profile settings.

I saw mention of mental illness and that we are less lenient on that than some negative posts? I dont tolerate attacks on mental illness....so if you think we are avoiding something report the posts. So i can see what you are talking about. I dont have time to search threads for bad behavior.

Help me help you. Aloha.
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    I cant read every post in every thread. Neither can the staff. This is volunteer stuff here. Nobody is paid. Nobody works at TPB. Just fans trying to keep the peace. We have always expected members to help police this community. We are all on the same team here.

And yes guys are down on the team. Others are really optimistic. Asking staff to curb negativity is a tall order. Now that we are the size we are. Lots of opinions.

If you are annoyed by members and their takes...ignore them or block them. You can do that from your profile settings.

I saw mention of mental illness and that we are less lenient on that than some negative posts? I don't tolerate attacks on mental illness....so if you think we are avoiding something report the posts. So i can see what you are talking about. I don't have time to search threads for bad behavior.

Help me help you. Aloha.
    Mental illness; posters asking me if "I'm OK?" (I'm more than fine). Some posters claiming that our lives are "a shitty way to live". Others getting bent out of shape, claiming I "get away with" stuff when I disagree with their 'theories'. All simply because we bash the Chargers for their less-than-stellar performances. It's kind of silly, really.

I don't like reporting a person for a post. I can take care of myself. People can post what they want as far as I'm concerned. And I know how to use the ignore function. But if that's what you want, Fleet, I'll comply.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Others getting bent out of shape, claiming I "get away with" stuff when I disagree with their 'theories'. In your own words, you acknowledged that I am a moderator. And yet you made fun of my football takes saying I "used to be a reasonable poster" and mocking me by calling me "the esteemed wu-dai clan." Later you referred to me as "pompous." Is that not name calling ? I ask you to be honest with yourself.

People can post what they want as far as I'm concerned. You called me a "stalker." In fact you stalked me, jumping on my seldom entered minority reports, which called for Charger fans to hang in there during difficult times. It is self evident that there is massive, massive negativity about the Chargers on this board, just by looking at thread titles alone. No one should feel threatened by my lone voice in the wilderness.

And I know how to use the ignore function. But if that's what you want, Fleet, I'll comply. Actually, you requested enabling of the ban feature.
      So in review, isn't it a bit ludicrous to name call a moderator as a "stalker" ?

And isn't it a bit absurd to claim that posters can "post whatever they want" while you are yourself are here trying to "direct traffic" out on the board. "Pompous", eh.
      I would also say you are being quite "philosophical."

It is my contention that one of our biggest problems as Charger fans is lack of honesty with ourselves. We unwittingly perpetuate "Chargering" by engaging in avoidance and constantly calling for change.

I am working for better discussion on TPB. Hope this helps.

Signed,
      wu.
      More than a ballwatcher.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Mental illness; posters asking me if "I'm OK?" (I'm more than fine). Some posters claiming that our lives are "a shitty way to live". Others getting bent out of shape, claiming I "get away with" stuff when I disagree with their 'theories'. All simply because we bash the Chargers for their less-than-stellar performances. It's kind of silly, really.

I don't like reporting a person for a post. I can take care of myself. People can post what they want as far as I'm concerned. And I know how to use the ignore function. But if that's what you want, Fleet, I'll comply.
        I wasnt sure if that was the implication. It just sort of felt like a projection and a little off to me. I have seen a bit of woke/pc culture here so was a little surprised that was the angle taken.

At the end of the day i do want people to treat others here with a smidge of respect. Its more about the community as a whole. I refuse to let what happen at my other frum happen here. The place died because i never really rules in place to keep the toxicity to a minimum. Hard to do when a forum goes from Sports/OT to straight political..

We are doing the best we can here.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

I wasnt sure if that was the implication. It just sort of felt like a projection and a little off to me. I have seen a bit of woke/pc culture here so was a little surprised that was the angle taken.

At the end of the day i do want people to treat others here with a smidge of respect. Its more about the community as a whole. I refuse to let what happen at my other frum happen here. The place died because i never really rules in place to keep the toxicity to a minimum. Hard to do when a forum goes from Sports/OT to straight political..

We are doing the best we can here.
          Man, if I can't sling mud at the coaching staff and Charger management I'm outa here. LOL! :>)
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Man, if I can't sling mud at the coaching staff and Charger management I'm outa here. LOL! :>)
            Team and coaches are always discussable. If guys want to run around and play positivity police so be it. But its not just this team or this coach. Chargers...chargering is a real thing. Taken years to earn this motto. Its actually discussed now on most NFL platforms. Staley didnt create this.

My current mindset is taking just about everything under John Spanos into consideration. I mean we were a dominant team for years. We won a lot of games and were snakebit in the postseason. Shit id kill to be back to those days. Now we are seemingly average and never make the postseason. Staley has issues...but my concern has a lot of other bad decisions by this front office baked into the cake. Over the last 11 years or so.

Really thought Staley would come in and at the very least diagnose what ails us. From injuries to everything else. I was really buying into that part of this hire. But we are a very sloppy team. On all fronts. Just not impressed with the way we play the game. The way we prep. The way we finish. Its all just mediocre to me.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Team and coaches are always discussable. If guys want to run around and play positivity police so be it. But its not just this team or this coach. Chargers...chargering is a real thing. Taken years to earn this motto. Its actually discussed now on most NFL platforms. Staley didnt create this.

My current mindset is taking just about everything under John Spanos into consideration. I mean we were a dominant team for years. We won a lot of games and were snakebit in the postseason. Shit id kill to be back to those days. Now we are seemingly average and never make the postseason. Staley has issues...but my concern has a lot of other bad decisions by this front office baked into the cake. Over the last 11 years or so.

Really thought Staley would come in and at the very least diagnose what ails us. From injuries to everything else. I was really buying into that part of this hire. But we are a very sloppy team. On all fronts. Just not impressed with the way we play the game. The way we prep. The way we finish. Its all just mediocre to me.
              I was just poking fun but I agree with everything you said. My greatest fear with Staley was a rookie coach trying to do everything himself and we got mediocrity everywhere but special teams. Guess what we got a good coach there. I think it's been a turnstile coaching staff and we NEED to SPEND on the coordinators.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I was just poking fun but I agree with everything you said. My greatest fear with Staley was a rookie coach trying to do everything himself and we got mediocrity everywhere but special teams. Guess what we got a good coach there. I think it's been a turnstile coaching staff and we NEED to SPEND on the coordinators.
                I know you were. I picked up on that. I didnt mean to reply in a way that was overly serious to what you were saying...i just ran with it. Im not happy right now. I know we have a winning record etc...but i see so much more than just wins and losses. I see the big picture. And i see a million little issues that seemingly never go away.

I wish we didnt need Payton. I wish we could hold onto our draft picks and not pay so much for a coach etc. But this team has an illness that is unidentifiable to the average football coach. Just the defense alone is not even close to what i would expect from a defensive minded apparent genius. This is not a well run or smooth operation. We are doing more of the same.

The only reason i was excited for Staley was because his former HC propped him way up there. I bought into the intellect...concerns were huge about fixing the problems that seem to follow this team from season to season. And we are still sort of seeing the same stuff. Average.

My guess is that Payton could watch all the film over the last few years and see what is happening. Im sure there are other experienced coaches that could do better as well. I dont know who they are. Im just at the point where around 10 years of mediocrity are manifesting into this massive desire to just get it right this next time. If Staley is in fact moved on from.

I dont want to pay what it would cost for Payton....but the idea that our underperforming loaded rosters would actually kill it if we managed them right? Excites me. I just dont want to hurt over this team anymore. Or whatever this feeling is. Its a feeling that the Chargers created. The only pill would be wins. Dominance. High functioning players that show how well coached they are. Its starting to manifest in Dallas a little bit. Everyone was down on the McCarthy hiring...i just assumed he would get the team to do the little things well. Block run and tackle. They are showing what a good roster can do with proper coaching

I only bring up McCarthy because of his past successes and the fact that Jerry likely wanted to tap into that rather some up and coming so called genius.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • New Jersey
                  • Send PM

Fleet, I have only been posting for a couple of years, although I've been lurking for longer than I can remember--through two or three versions of this board. Let me just say that you are fucking amazing. And please excuse the language, which I don't ordinarily use. Thank you for everything that you do. And thanks to the other staff as well.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Fleet, I have only been posting for a couple of years, although I've been lurking for longer than I can remember--through two or three versions of this board. Let me just say that you are fucking amazing. And please excuse the language, which I don't ordinarily use. Thank you for everything that you do. And thanks to the other staff as well.
                    Fuck yeah woman. I needed that. Thank you so much. lol You are very welcome.

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Goes for me too, fleet. Sorry, I'm too quick to be defensive or spot a perceived wrong but too slow to give thanks to you and all the Mods that keep this site going! Maybe your Mojo will rub off on the Chargers organization, stranger things have been known to happen.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Goes for me too, fleet. Sorry, I'm too quick to be defensive or spot a perceived wrong but too slow to give thanks to you and all the Mods that keep this site going! Maybe your Mojo will rub off on the Chargers organization, stranger things have been known to happen.
                        Really appreciate that brother. But all my Mojo goes into Roo Baby. Ill try and spread the wealth.

Comment

Working...
                        X