• Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

2022-23 Playoffs Discussion - Other Games Thread

For all things Playoffs, and Other Games (non-Chargers) Thread.
    --
    If all the favorites win their game week 13
    The Wild Card race would be like this

5- MIA 8-4 (6-2)
    6- LAC 7-5 (5-3)
    7- NYJ 7-5 (5-4)
    8- CIN 7-5 (4-4)
    9- NE 6-6 (5-3)

The game at LV this week is huge
    CIN is dangerous, they have already beaten MIA and NYJ. They meet NE week 16.
    Now, I understand why LAC/MIA was upgraded to Sunday night. It's not only a Tua/Justin affair.
    It will be for a playoff spot !
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

I was going to start a playoffs thread with this post, but decided to put it in the Chargers season thread. I'll repost it here.

The Chargers will move to the 6th or 7th seed this week if:

The Bills beat the Patriots in NE tomorrow night.

The Vikes beat the Jets in Minn Sunday.

The Chargers beat the Raiders Sunday.

If this happens, the Chargers move to the #7 seed.

Additionally, if the Chiefs beat the Bengals Sunday, the Chargers move to the #6 seed.

Tied at 7-5 with the Jets and Bengals, the Chargers would have the best conference record (5-3) of them all.

The Bills, Vikes and Chiefs are favored.

The Chargers just have to take care of business and the playoffs will come to them.

Comment

• SK21209
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2020
      • San Diego
      • Send PM

This week is a must win in my view. If we can't beat this Raiders team we also can't assume that we'll run the table against the Colts/Broncos/Rams. The Bengals' schedule is absolutely brutal but they're a legit team, I think they not only make the playoffs but take that division from the Ravens. Miami has the inside track on the top wildcard spot (I think Buffalo takes that division) but I'm still not completely sold on them. The Patriots are this year's good bad team, like they were last year. The Jets have real talent but they're a young team with a young coach, a tough schedule and a mystery box at QB. Last year Mike White beat the Bengals convincingly in his first start but ended up not being very good.

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        If all the favorites win their game week 13
        The Wild Card race would be like this

5- MIA 8-4 (6-2)
        6- LAC 7-5 (5-3)
        7- NYJ 7-5 (5-4)
        8- CIN 7-5 (4-4)
        9- NE 6-6 (5-3)

The game at LV this week is huge
        CIN is dangerous, they have already beaten MIA and NYJ. They meet NE week 16.
        Now, I understand why LAC/MIA was upgraded to Sunday night. It's not only a Tua/Justin affair.
        It will be for a playoff spot !
        Sorry but you got it all wrong. If all the PO teams win, the pecking order stays the same as it currently is. We would still be 9th. A Mia win puts them a 9-3, Cin 8-4, Jets 8-4, NE 7-5 but ahead of the Chargers. We need some of these guys to lose to move up. Cincy is hot but they have the most difficult schedule of the PO teams. Mia plays SF and that game is a real test for both teams. Jets play Min, another tough one. NE plays Buf. Rough one there as well. So beat the Raiders and our chances of moving up are looking positive.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Sorry but you got it all wrong. If all the PO teams win, the pecking order stays the same as it currently is. We would still be 9th. A Mia win puts them a 9-3, Cin 8-4, Jets 8-4, NE 7-5 but ahead of the Chargers. We need some of these guys to lose to move up. Cincy is hot but they have the most difficult schedule of the PO teams. Mia plays SF and that game is a real test for both teams. Jets play Min, another tough one. NE plays Buf. Rough one there as well. So beat the Raiders and our chances of moving up are looking positive.
          All wrong ?
          Did you read my post correcly ?
          I said FAVORITE !

BUF is up 3.5
          MIN is up 3
          SF 4
          LAC 1.5
          KC 2

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
            This week is a must win in my view. If we can't beat this Raiders team we also can't assume that we'll run the table against the Colts/Broncos/Rams. The Bengals' schedule is absolutely brutal but they're a legit team, I think they not only make the playoffs but take that division from the Ravens. Miami has the inside track on the top wildcard spot (I think Buffalo takes that division) but I'm still not completely sold on them. The Patriots are this year's good bad team, like they were last year. The Jets have real talent but they're a young team with a young coach, a tough schedule and a mystery box at QB. Last year Mike White beat the Bengals convincingly in his first start but ended up not being very good.
            If I put CIN in the Wild Card race, it's that the Bengals already lost to the Ravens earlier in season
            And they are 1-3 in the North.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

He said if the favorites win. If the favored Bills beat the Pats, if the favored Vikes beat the Jets, if the favored Chargers beat the Raiders, if the favored Chiefs beat the Bengals, the current playoff pecking order gets reshuffled and the Chargers become the #6 seed.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

All wrong ?
                Did you read my post correcly ?
                I said FAVORITE !

BUF is up 3.5
                MIN is up 3
                SF 4
                LAC 1.5
                KC 2
                Sorry I read it wrong.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

I was expecting to receive something like that

Indianapolis Colts head coach Jim Mora's iconic "Playoffs?!" rant. Mora was answering questions during a press conference subsequent to the Colts 40-21 loss ...

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

I was expecting to receive something like that

This is not playoffs related, but that bit by Jim Mora is considered to be on of the most memorable moments of coach-speak in NFL history. As entertaining as Mora is there, I think Denny Green's implosion after losing to the Bears in 2006 is even more memorable.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

This is not playoffs related, but that bit by Jim Mora is considered to be on of the most memorable moments of coach-speak in NFL history. As entertaining as Mora is there, I think Denny Green's implosion after losing to the Bears in 2006 is even more memorable.

My vote goes for Denny Green. Mora gets honorable mention, but Green takes the cake.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

MIA, for all their explosiveness, has a two point per game point differential.

They also have relied on the inherent advantages of home games, and their particular home field "shady" advantage. Fourth quarter big plays provide victory, after opponents are good and baked in the Florida sun.

The Chargers are only 2-3 at home. Problem.

LVR will be tougher than AZ. MIA will be chewed up by SF, and can be had, in spite of the frightful combo of Tyreek and Waddle.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                        X