Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

The Jets lost today, but I watched the whole game. That is a well coached team. Also the Dolphins are too as we are about to find out.

Have you noticed that most of these games coached by Staley always usually seem to finish the same, we play close with the team we are playing and either get lucky and win in the end, or lose like today, and they all play out the same, then Staley does his presser and say we lost because of this and that and that like he knows exactly why we lost but it never changes and we get beat for the same weaknesses no matter whos in the game... How many blow outs have we had with Staley? very few. I would say even Norv was a better HC! Last year we failed to make the playoffs because we didn't have the right type of players in certain areas, this year we are not making the playoffs because injuries. Nope screw justifications. The Cowboys lost their starting LT, and QB for a stretch and alas they still held it together. Brandon should go coach a college team It would probably be a better fit.

We need Jim Harbaugh who would come in and really establish a winning culture, instead of always talking about exactly why we go beat without every fixing whats wrong....
    So we lose a close game and we aren't badly coached and the Jets do the same, but they are well coached? They had 6 or 7 chances to do something and choked every single time.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

The Jets lost today, but I watched the whole game. That is a well coached team. Also the Dolphins are too as we are about to find out.

Have you noticed that most of these games coached by Staley always usually seem to finish the same, we play close with the team we are playing and either get lucky and win in the end, or lose like today, and they all play out the same, then Staley does his presser and say we lost because of this and that and that like he knows exactly why we lost but it never changes and we get beat for the same weaknesses no matter whos in the game... How many blow outs have we had with Staley? very few. I would say even Norv was a better HC! Last year we failed to make the playoffs because we didn't have the right type of players in certain areas, this year we are not making the playoffs because injuries. Nope screw justifications. The Cowboys lost their starting LT, and QB for a stretch and alas they still held it together. Brandon should go coach a college team It would probably be a better fit.

We need Jim Harbaugh who would come in and really establish a winning culture, instead of always talking about exactly why we go beat without every fixing whats wrong....
      I watched the whole Jets game too. The Jets settled for too many FGs today but they gave the Vikings all than they could handle and QB Mike White passed for 369 yards. Came up one play short.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Send PM

Yeah, at this point, I have very low expectations for Staley and the coaching staff. The myriad of issues and much of them not addressed, many of them persisting no matter if all of the starters are on the field and healthy or not. Much of what we continue doing is the definition of insanity -- doing the same shit over and over again while paying lip service to the media and fans.

I can't really be bothered to watch the same kind of shit show that we've had for the past decade -- a .500 team that isn't worth my time investment.

Comment

• SBbound
          Casual fanatic
          • Feb 2019
          • Merced/San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

December 26, 1965.
          I was there.
          It was my Charger beginnings.
          57 years.
          Tip of the cap.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SBbound View Post

Tip of the cap.
            Hope you feel better soon.
            "Fourteen years of misery."
            LOL.
            You don't know ball

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

So we lose a close game and we aren't badly coached and the Jets do the same, but they are well coached? They had 6 or 7 chances to do something and choked every single time.
              Sigh The jets barley lost with a back up QB to the first place Vikings! We lost a close game to a team that was 4-6 that could of put us in a position to make the playoffs. IF you can't see the disparity between these two games I don't know what to tell you.

Whomever is coaching our Oline needs to be fired, because our oline looked like a bunch of Junior College players. Maybe you'll feel differently after you see us play the Dolphins next week!

Comment

• SBbound
                Casual fanatic
                • Feb 2019
                • Merced/San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

My Daddy was born December 26, 1935. Myself, November 23, 1965.

71PhYuwsDEL._SX522_.jpg

Ed White/ Gemini 4 1965
                What's the back story on the the Ed White photo?

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

no urgency in the Chargers when they play.

just like the Spanos.

holding on to someone too long instead of making a move.

they do this with their GMs, coaches and players.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

Do you think maybe Herbert is part of the reason why he hasn't been in a playoff game? I'm not saying he's not good, but other really good QBs do things Herbert doesn't do. He doesn't have great situational awareness. There was a play today he was running could have scrambled for 1st down on 2nd down but instead he slid down 3 or 4 yds short. Then 3rd down went nowhere which led to a FG attempt. That's a scramble guys like Allen, Burrow, and Mahomes convert into a 1st down. Too many 2nd and 3rd and longs he throws the ball behind the line of scrimmage. He gets balls batted down. There are just little things in his game that take away from having the on-field success of others.
                    I think that’s a fair assessment, but it starts with coaching. Well-coached teams tend to be really good with teaching / stressing situational awareness. I’m sure his rib cartilage injury has something to do with him not being more aggressive as a runner. Herbert was not a perfect prospect coming into the league and he certainly has more growth to attain. I just hope he gets the proper coaching needed to take that next step.

It just brings to my mind even more the nice job Steichen did with the Chargers, especially considering that horrific offensive line he had to work with.

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
                      no urgency in the Chargers when they play.

just like the Spanos.

holding on to someone too long instead of making a move.

they do this with their GMs, coaches and players.
                      Yep and lets face it Ek with his fumble coupled with BS going for it when our oline was getting man handled were probably the two main reasons we lost! even as bad as our oline played. these two points were the killers.

Ek always seems to fumble in certain games that cost us a big win. We need to bring in a Chubb or Henery sort of RB. Period.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SBbound View Post

What's the back story on the the Ed White photo?
                        First photo taken by an astronaut in spacewalk in June 1965 during the Gemini 4 mission. Ed was later lost January 27, 1967, alongside astronauts Virgil "Gus" Grissom and Roger B. Chaffee during a test for Apollo 1.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by lightsout42 View Post

And who is supposed to make sure they are prepared to do that?
                          Starters tend to execute player better than backups for all coaches....... because execution requires a player to defeat the opponent on assignment, block, route...

If they were making a bunch of pre snap penalties or botching up simple special teams plays, or having blown assignments all over the field then I'd be concerned about the coach ...

my concern is health and talent right now
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞