Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Bingo. They're cheap. They aren't willing to spend the money necessary outside of cap for winning culture. It's been true since Norv.
    true....Marty was the last real NFL head coach the Chargers have had..... and the most expensive, ..... after that Spanos chose the cheapest coaches and GM's he could find.....

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by lightsout42 View Post

Ok.
      Checking in from the echo chamber.
      Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
      Ben Herbert

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

If the Chargers had the best defense in NFL like 49ers do, and a great running game, great OL, and speedy receivers and a big fast strong TE, then yes, you would be right.....

But Chargers have one of the 3 worst defenses in NFL and absolutely cannot stop the run....when you cannot stop the run you do not win many games......

Dolphins are much better than Chargers on offense and defense......
        I hope you get a chance to see the highlights from SF vs MIA.

I watched that game and our game both.

Amongst a bunch of Raider fans.

Me and my spine.
        Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
        Ben Herbert

Comment

• SDBORN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

true....Marty was the last real NFL head coach the Chargers have had..... and the most expensive, ..... after that Spanos chose the cheapest coaches and GM's he could find.....
          Yep a proven loser in Norv and 3 experiments following (Mccoy, Lynn, stayley).

None of it makes sense if you care about winning. Especially hiring a guy like stayley (after Lynn) when you have a new shiny qb who had just entered the league as your QB of the future.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Maybe I misread your post. All I'm saying is people put too much emphasis on the 1 missed flag. The game was about lot more than just that.
            Its not 1 missed flag. Those happen all game. Its a critical junction and the call is a blatant call, like if you were explaining to someone what PI is and you brought up an obvious, over the top example so everyone watching would know what PI is. That was the call that was missed, and the timing of it made it all the more problematic.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

It would be worth it.

I've seen crazier things happen

Unless you'd rather we continue the carousel of unproven coaches with the same shitty approach time after time.

I would prefer we let Staley continue to build his program. The team is a low penalties team and is solid on special teams.
              Firing Brandon puts them on the carousel.
              I don't think Payton does anything special with the current roster. Maybe his coaching experience gets him 1 more win.
              The players still need to execute. They are already a low penalty operation. Their best offense weapon and TD scorer is Ekeler. Think about that for a second. It's not Kelce-TE or Chase-WR for their QB, it's a RB.

Trade Allen for Adams and Chargers win the game is more likely than if you added Payton to the sideline.

Keenan is absolutely the best possession WR in the game, but he is not a TD maker or a dominate force like Adams, Tyreek or Chase, or Kelce-TE.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I would prefer we let Staley continue to build his program. The team is a low penalties team and is solid on special teams.
                I don't think Payton does anything special with the current roster. Maybe his coaching experience gets him 1 more win.
                The players still need to execute. They are already a low penalty operation. Their best offense weapon and TD scorer is Ekeler. Think about that for a second. It's not Kelce-TE or Chase-WR for their QB, it's a RB.

Trade Allen for Adams and Chargers win the game is more likely than if you added Payton to the sideline.

Keenan is absolutely the best possession WR in the game, but he is not a TD maker or a dominate force like Adams, Tyreek or Chase, or Kelce-TE.
                Who had more penalties today?Fire the whole front office.Beg Payton or Harbaugh to come aboard.Slap that stooge Johnny Nepotism and tell him go sit in his office and play videogames and let the men over 5 foot do men things.

Comment

• SDBORN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Will agree to to disagree. We've seen the same recipe for a decade and a half. Talented teams go to waste with poor leadership.

Time to try something different IMO.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Man, after the past 2 games, I thought our offense couldn't get any worse.......yikes!
                    One TD drive against the Jerry Tillery led defense.
                    This ineptitude on O is taking me back to Billy Joe Tolliver/ Babe Laufenberg days.

Comment

• SDBORN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Who had more penalties today?Fire the whole front office.Beg Payton or Harbaugh to come aboard.Slap that stooge Johnny Nepotism and tell him go sit in his office and play videogames and let the men over 5 foot do men things.
                      Lol. Couldn't agree more

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

You are going have to buy the team.
                        ​​​​​
                        :cheers:
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• lightsout42
                          Hire a winning coach
                          • Oct 2019
                          • Send PM

The players still need to execute.
                          And who is supposed to make sure they are prepared to do that?

Comment

Working...
                          X