• Show
Clear All
  • Geezbolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Sun Valley, ID
    • Send PM

The Elephant in the Room -- Injuries

This is the NFL, and all teams have injuries. But the Bolts seem to have had more than their fair share this year. I feel this deserves a discussion of its own because it will likely be one, if not the main justification by the ownership for not making any coaching changes or replacing the GM at the end of the season. I have read numerous opinions on this board about what is causing so many injuries ranging from the SoFi turf to Staley going too easy on the players in camp. The accepted narrative is that injuries are never an excuse for losing, and that's fair. That's not what this thread is about. Why do you think the Bolts are having an abnormally high number of injuries, and key ones at that this season?
  • Air Coryell
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2021
    • Carlsbad, CA
    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
    • Send PM

Yes injuries. But poor depth on the team. Look at Balt and SF win with backup QB's today. Our bu QB's should not be on any roster. A microcosm of the problem. We have no qualified bu WR's on the team. We kept Storm as opposed to developing someone else. Poor GM and coaching are also killing the team.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Send PM

I'm going to assume that injuries correlate with how well a team blocks, tackles, covers and separates (in the case of WRs). Just doing a cursory look through history, many of the oft-injured squads have trouble with the fundamentals, i.e. they are lacking physicality.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
        Yes injuries. But poor depth on the team. Look at Balt and SF win with backup QB's today. Our bu QB's should not be on any roster. A microcosm of the problem. We have no qualified bu WR's on the team. We kept Storm as opposed to developing someone else. Poor GM and coaching are also killing the team.
        The ugly,ugly fact is that the loser,idiot bastards in charge of this team have no football knowledge and zero know how and will not step down or get out of the way.You always have to look up in any organization whether said group is successfull or in this teams case pathetically underachieving to see why.The SpAnus group are horrible at talent evaluation and basically football in general yet still have decided to have their family spread like a cancer throughout most of the high positions of operation for this team.It sucks because unless they decide to go against their usual modus operandi and pay out of their own small pockets to hire a real GM and let said GM hire a respectable coaching staff nothing will ever change.We can debate coaches and players and GMs but it will always,always come down to this Shmuck and his lame ass family making the wrong(cheap) decision. Puke.
        Screenshot_20221204-171250_Brave.jpg

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Ontario , Canada
          • Send PM

I think the WR get injured a lot because they like rangy and possession type WR and have them going up for jump balls or into tight windows a lot getting all jacked up. Like MW is always injured. Maybe start drafting more burners who can get yac or just make big plays - guys like Tyreek Hill, Terry Mclaurin ,Justin Watson etc . Even Guyton but they got him all jacked up running crossing routes.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

3-4 injuries to a team can hurt, but also covered up with good coaching and adjustments. 11+ injuries and that team should be looking for #1 draft slot.

I wanna blame the SOFI turf but dont know if Rams have suffered injuries as well?

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

CX7AjlIUwAAmy2i.jpeg

His bio reads "was a key member of the selection committee responsible for the hiring of General Manager Tom Telesco and Head Coach Mike McCoy" and "Spanos has seen his role in the NFL Draft grow exponentially since his ascension in 2013."*

Source: Chargers Reddit - Why Nepotism Fails

This article is six years old and the injuries rant is identical.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                3-4 injuries to a team can hurt, but also covered up with good coaching and adjustments. 11+ injuries and that team should be looking for #1 draft slot.

I wanna blame the SOFI turf but dont know if Rams have suffered injuries as well?

Please allow me to present some damning figures.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

That little imp of a man is gonna continue to fail yet still keep his position because daddy loves his ugly half pint ass.What a puke.
                  :killme:

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Please allow me to present some damning figures.
                    So how do you fix this?More importantly what is the root cause of this continual problem for this team?There is no curse or bad luck.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

So how do you fix this?More importantly what is the root cause of this continual problem for this team?There is no curse or bad luck.
                      Read that link I posted, brother. The author makes some solid points.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Agreed. There is no curse or bad luck. There is nepotism.

Comment

Working...
                        X