We got this.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Mojo for Mako and your daughter.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• RobH
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Tokyo, Japan
        • University English Lecturer
        • Send PM

Major mojo, Mako. No way you all should be dealing with this again. Hopefully, CAR T- cell research or treatment will come to the rescue.

Comment

• nomad1946
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2017
          • West Yellowstone, Montana
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Sending all the MOJO I can Mako.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Massive MOJO to your daughter and your entire family.

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

Thank you guys. Hopefully there are new treatments available since she went through this back in 2015. The disease is driven by a mutant BRAF gene and a Dr Tiacci has been working on BRAF inhibitors in both Italian and US trials. Should get more info on that at MD Anderson. A stem cell transplant has been mentioned, but those are rough to go through. That process killed my Gov't lead a few years back, but he was older and in very bad shape to begin with (type 1 diabetic plus other things). They say the younger you are the better you tolerate the process, and aside from this disease, she is young and in great shape.

Last time it was complete devastation. This time, I'm just so damn angry I don't know what to do. This isn't all that unexpected, but damn I'm pissed. We took out turn and did our time, why do we have to do it again? I try to stay distracted. Maybe I need a support group...
              sigpic

Comment

• floydefisher
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • siberiacuse, ny
                • Send PM

Mojo!

Damn, that sucks.
                sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                  Thank you guys. Hopefully there are new treatments available since she went through this back in 2015. The disease is driven by a mutant BRAF gene and a Dr Tiacci has been working on BRAF inhibitors in both Italian and US trials. Should get more info on that at MD Anderson. A stem cell transplant has been mentioned, but those are rough to go through. That process killed my Gov't lead a few years back, but he was older and in very bad shape to begin with (type 1 diabetic plus other things). They say the younger you are the better you tolerate the process, and aside from this disease, she is young and in great shape.

Last time it was complete devastation. This time, I'm just so damn angry I don't know what to do. This isn't all that unexpected, but damn I'm pissed. We took out turn and did our time, why do we have to do it again? I try to stay distracted. Maybe I need a support group...
                  We are here for you dude. Ive requested mojo in the universe. The force is strong.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post

My prayers are with you, Mako.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

MOJO!!!!!
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

MOJO to Mako and family.
                        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• MakoShark
                          Disgruntled
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Alabama
                          • Send PM

So, it looks like another round of chemo is how we move forward. This time they want to use the 2 drugs (cladribine and retuximab) in closer succession. Last time they didn't follow the chemo (cladribine) with the retuximab until months later. They're supposed to be given back to back. So, here we go again! She wants to get started right away. The Doc at MD Anderson is confidant this will be a knock out blow to the cancer this time because we're catching it early and weak. I want to believe that. The Doc at our local cancer center is not so sure and thinks it will return and she'll need a bone marrow transplant to completely kill it. I don't like the sound of that. Those transplants can be really rough.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡