• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Von Miller arrested

He got arrested Sunday for failing to appear in court for a summons issued after an October traffic violation. Not a major crime, I guess, but it does further indicate that this guy has problems. And it doesn't look good happening the same week as his appeal of his suspension. If he is a clean citizen, why not show up in court and pay the stupid fine. And, unlike you and me, guys like Miller have agents, attorneys, team personnel, and other assorted handlers to either take care of this stuff or remind him to take care of it himself. It is inexcusable and I am beginning to think Miller is bad news.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    He got arrested Sunday for failing to appear in court for a summons issued after an October traffic violation. Not a major crime, I guess, but it does further indicate that this guy has problems. And it doesn't look good happening the same week as his appeal of his suspension. If he is a clean citizen, why not show up in court and pay the stupid fine. And, unlike you and me, guys like Miller have agents, attorneys, team personnel, and other assorted handlers to either take care of this stuff or remind him to take care of it himself. It is inexcusable and I am beginning to think Miller is bad news.

TG
    This does, indeed, seem like a VERY avoidable situation. Just show up. And, even if he DID "forget", that's not an excuse...for Vonn Miller or anyone else. These guys all think they're above the law, can't be touched. Amazingly poor judgement.
    Last edited by QSmokey; 08-19-2013, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Report: Von Miller suspension “at least” six games

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 19, 2013, 11:13 AM EDT

Broncos linebacker Von Miller said last week he was “confident” of winning his appeal, but he apparently shouldn’t have been.

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Miller’s suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy will be “at least six games,” though he’s still trying to negotiate it down to four.

If that holds, Miller would miss games against the Ravens, Giants, Raiders, Eagles, Cowboys and Jaguars, and put his team in a significant bind.

They were already struggling to replace the pass-rush lost in the Elvis Dumervil fax-gate, and now have to figure out how to get to the passer without their best player for 37.5 percent of the season
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Heatmiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

According to the Denver Post, the NFL is considering adding two more games to what they said would be a 4 game suspension for Miller for violation of drug policy because his specimen appears to have been tampered with. The NFL did the same thing to former Denver LB DJ Williams when he took drugs and tampered with his specimen. Seems the Bronco LB have a slight trend going here.

TG

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          According to the Denver Post, the NFL is considering adding two more games to what they said would be a 4 game suspension for Miller for violation of drug policy because his specimen appears to have been tampered with. The NFL did the same thing to former Denver LB DJ Williams when he took drugs and tampered with his specimen. Seems the Bronco LB have a slight trend going here.

TG
          Their linebackers and their front-office executives seem to be following disturbing trends.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

@RapSheet: If Von advances from Stage 2 to 3 (after 2 violations, it seems to have happened): 10 tests per month, 1 more violation means banishment
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

2013 Jackhole Award logo:
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Heatmiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Miller and 'his people' appear to have moved from "this is all a misunderstanding" "I did nothing wrong and will be vindicated when the facts come out" to "I hope we can get this reduced to 4 games"

Broncos fans sound a lot like some of us did when Merriman got caught. Why does the NFL pick on Miller and let guys like Kenny Britt of the hook with lesser punishment? His drug sample must have been diluted from drinking too much water, that is no crime. A little mj is not a big deal. Who cares if he missed a test or session, the NFL is out to get us. etc.

TG

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

I never understood this blatant lying when an athlete is caught. I guess they must think that a lying cheater is not much different than a cheater.

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    I never understood this blatant lying when an athlete is caught. I guess they must think that a lying cheater is not much different than a cheater.
                    Anything to keep them on the field and keep the cash flowing, truth be damned.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                      Anything to keep them on the field and keep the cash flowing, truth be damned.
                      But lying about it through their agent has no bearing on when you get back on the field - it just makes them look worse.

Comment

• TABF
                        Por debajo del promedio
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoCal
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to richpjr again.

ARod in his current situation is making a mockery of the rules and the system.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍