• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hadl2Alworth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Send PM

OT RIP Franco Harris

Man, I was a HUGE fan of Franco Harris in 1972. Yes, I was a Steelers fan then and I will never forget the Immaculate Reception. I saw that at nine years old and LOVED it!! Still do.

Franco Harris, the Hall of Fame running back whose heads-up thinking authored the "Immaculate Reception," considered the most iconic play in NFL history, has died. He was 72.
  • Floyal Rush
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2022
    • Send PM

Wow! Franco Harris just passed away. And on the 50th anniversary of the Immaculate reception. No doubt one of the most bizarre plays in nfl history. RIP Franco. You were fun to watch. And some of those Steelers teams you played on were badass.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Franco could not be much older than 70? So sad. Was a phenomenal player on some historic teams.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        Franco could not be much older than 70? So sad. Was a phenomenal player on some historic teams.

TG
        He was 72. All this buildup for the Raider-Steeler game which will be 50 yrs after the Immaculate Reception, and he was supposed to be there when they retired his jersey number. RIP

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

He was 72. All this buildup for the Raider-Steeler game which will be 50 yrs after the Immaculate Reception, and he was supposed to be there when they retired his jersey number. RIP
          Very sad news. All within days of the 50 year anniversay, his jersey being retired (I would have thought retired by now) - may he RIP

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Very sad news. All within days of the 50 year anniversay, his jersey being retired (I would have thought retired by now) - may he RIP
            Wow. I remember that play from my childhood, i was watching the game live. Always thought his folklore elevated him a bit above his actual athletic ability after that play - he was a good old school reliable pounder back, a solid 70-80 tough grinder yards a game but not really Walter or OJ type of premier superstar RB. Jmo, he had a great career and life,. Very sad news, RIP.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

RIP Franco. Iconic NFL player who made a play that has lived on.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • New Jersey
                • Send PM

Here are a couple of articles on Harris's passing:

Steelers greats, NFL world and Pittsburghers pay tribute to Franco Harris

As the news of Franco Harris’ death spread, Pittsburghers and members of the NFL community took to social media to share tributes to the Steelers...

Pittsburgh Steelers legend Franco Harris, known for ‘Immaculate Reception,’ dead at age 72

Pittsburgh Steelers great Franco Harris, who was arguably best known for one of the most iconic plays in NFL history – dubbed the “Immaculate Reception” – has died at the age of 72, the Pro Football Hall of Fame announced on Wednesday.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                    Four Super Bowls and 12,000 yards. I still remember the Immaculate Reception like it was yesterday. And I was a big Steelers fan that day. I stayed a Steelers fan until 1979. Franco was a great guy as well. He was 72 years of age.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

Four Super Bowls and 12,000 yards. I still remember the Immaculate Reception like it was yesterday. And I was a big Steelers fan that day. I stayed a Steelers fan until 1979. Franco was a great guy as well. He was 72 years of age.
                      1000 yard seasons meant something back then. He was a truck, fit the steel mill persona perfectly. Of course they had some gooid OL blocking then too.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                        Great pic!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀