Film Study: The Good, The Bad and The Great (week16 vs LAR)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

Film Study: The Good, The Bad and The Great (week16 vs LAR)

Welcome back diehards
    What a complete game we had the pleasure of watching. This game had everything: big td runs, leaping 1 hander catch, great blitz pickups and lockdown defense. This is what we expected all season and its great that after all the savage injuries we finally have a chance to see it in action. Playmakers making plays

The Good:
    2nd quarter 9:58 on the clock, 3rd and 7 ball on 13 yard line
    Chargers align in 3x1 bunch formation on a cititcal 3rd down. Failure here would see momentum swing towards the Rams and we have all seen that movie before. So happy the channel got changed and a new movie plays today. Check the blitz pickup from Joshua Kelley. Linsely picks up the stunt and Herb fires a rocket to Allen with the soft hands to keep the drive alive which leads into "The Great" play later. Also peep Palmer wide open and Mdub coming open late. This play has options and is the type of plays Chargers will need to convert when making playoff run

The Bad:
    2nd quarter 4:14 on the clock, 3rd and 3 ball on 23yrd line
    Rams run it down our throats. Murray gets blocked outside on little effort. Bosa slides inside but blocked also. Tranquill gets clothelined and spun away from the play, Adderly shoots the wrong gap while Callahan + ASJ + Gillman are too wide to make any impact.

The Great:
    2nd quarter 8:38 on the clock, 2nd and 5 ball on 27yrd line.
    After the big 3rd down conversion I showcased in "The Good" play we get to see possibly one the longest TD runs of Ekeler career. Chargers align in 3 TE formation. Parham + Pikins and Zion + Linsely execute double team down blocks perfectly. Fieler pulls and blocks the LB while Parham slides off the DE into the LB in such a smooth transition. Allen picking up the key block on the safety and no CB is gonna bring down Ekeler.

Honorable Mentions:

Hon1
    Vato jams Higbee at the line and smothers him preventing the TD. Ice veins flex

Hon2
    Mdub. You are elite. This catch is elite.

so good to have healthy playmakers and Chargers are hot at just the right time. Well done to all

As always
    luv ya
    -Chillies
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Michael Davis is playing so well. I hope we retain him and on a decent contract.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

I will watch the Great many, many times.

Those blocks were perfect.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• cmplxgal
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • New Jersey
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Yes. The Chargers are blocking so much better. Having Allen and Parham back helps hugely, and Feiler has elevated his play.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Yes. The Chargers are blocking so much better. Having Allen and Parham back helps hugely, and Feiler has elevated his play.
          Exactly.
          The timing !
          This is the Lombardi offense.

Stretch them horizontally.
          Pound the middle.
          Cause and effect.
          Then they cannot put an umbrella on it.
          No Two High.
          They must cheat towards LOS.
          Then you burn them deep.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            I will watch the Great many, many times.

I mean Parham and Keenan on those seal blocks?!~?! Come on Man!

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
              Michael Davis is playing so well. I hope we retain him and on a decent contract.
              They can try to do an extension to relieve some cap in the offseason. It’s really the only way to keep him given our salary cap situation.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                Did we win?
                • Jun 2013
                • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                • Send PM

Debbie downer here on Ek's "GREAT" run, but damn Feiler has the softest lead/pull block in the history of great 73 yard TD runs. Glad it was just barely good enough though!
                (But come on man...hit him!)
                I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

On the bad, Tranquil was clothes lined by the center.

He should have been in the hole for the tackle.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

I said this elsewhere, but I think it bears repeating:

OBJ's one-handed catch is the best I've seen by anybody, ever.

What separates OBJ's catch from Mike's, is that Odell was interfered with, and still caught it, for a TD.

Mike wasn't interfered with, and he didn't score. Just as great a physical catch as Odell's, but not of the same magnitude, contextually.

The other difference is that Odell's catch had cameras on it from every conceivable angle, leading to addition layers of appreciation.

But that's it. This catch by Mike ranks as the 2nd Best I've ever seen.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                      Retain him? He’s under contract thru 2023, he’s not going anywhere regardless, but the very likely scenario is that they extend him to creat 5-7mil in cap space depending on the size of the extension…working in the Charger’s favor is that Vato is a SoCal kid and he’s highly motivated to remain in LA, if the chargers just show him respect they won’t have to break the bank to keep him around, he’s probably one of the few guys on the team that would be willing to give the team a “discount” that’s how motivated the kid is to stay at home and play in his native city in front of his family…
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Send PM

I have scrutinized the opening post profusely and analyzed it intently, and the takeaway is that we are worse defensively than the 2000 Ravens and worse offensively than the 2007 Patriots. I am disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                        X