• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Whatever Happens To The Bolts

I just wanted to tell you all how much you mean to me. This community has been a huge part of my life for many years. I feel like im part of a family here. We have all been through some major ups and downs together. On and off the field. I will never stop caring about you guys.

Thank you all for the great memories.

As a forum staff we were wondering what we should do. Simply change the name to LA Chargers? Cut the cord altogether and watch all of you walk off into the sunset?

I cant honestly say that i want to say goodbye to this community.

So ive been thinking we will just change the name to Los Angeles Chargers. Even if just 1 of you remains it will be worth it imo. But i think more will stay.

Im open to suggestions. I dont want to just end things abruptly. But i feel like keeping the doors open until we can figure out a viable plan for the community to somehow stay in touch.

I love football too much to just stop being a fan altogether. But i always posted here because of the community and the friendships ive created because of it.

We could always change the domain to "Fuckthebolts.com"?
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I'm ok with keeping the community. I don't think I'd leave anyway, I'd just start bashing them at every turn. I suspect many of us would do the same. This group is bigger than just rooting for the Chargers. Thanks for everything Fleet.

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Good job Fleet. My suggestion would be to leave the board name and domain as it is, but on the banner add a line that stands out like a sore thumb (tasteful of course) that reads:

A SAN DIEGO FOOTBALL FAN BASED COMMUNITY.

that way it doesn't tie this group of posters directly to The Spanii ownership or a specific "home city" they play in or even the Chargers name- but honors the roots that created the fan base in the 1st place.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        Good job Fleet. My suggestion would be to leave the board name and domain as it is, but on the banner add a line that stands out like a sore thumb (tasteful of course) that reads:

A SAN DIEGO FOOTBALL FAN BASED COMMUNITY.

that way it doesn't tie this group of posters directly to The Spanii ownership or a specific "home city" they play in or even the Chargers name- but honors the roots that created the fan base in the 1st place.
        Thats a good idea. We will do that for sure.

Comment

You made a great forum, dude. Don't change the name. Fuck L.A.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Maybe "Los Angeles Chargers"

"San Diego Chapter"

We could all get leather jackets like a motorcycle gang?

Comment

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

"San Diego Chapter"

Remove Los Angeles.
              San Diego Chargers will become something cool kind of like the Brooklyn Dodgers. I'd wear a hat with a B on it. I'd rather lick lice out of a dead cockroach's pussy than wear anything with L.A. on it.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

I actually love this forum. Thank you Fleet for providing a great place for us to come to and remain together.

Im not sure how ill feel going forward. It would be tough to just turn my back on the Chargers but i have lost some luster already this year because of the moving talk, lousy play and Dean Spanos. Not to mention the NFL in general as i do think they are going to lose some fans with all the bullshit rules and penalties nearly every play. All this has brought me down.

So if the forum remains i may not be here much right away. It may take some time to get back into the team and being used to them being the LA Chargers but i cant even say that for sure. I just don know. My heart will always be as a Charger fan but how much......remains to be seen. Im also not as into the draft right now as usual because i kind of have Fuck You attitiude towards the Spanos but i DO want to see Philip get a ring no matter where that is.

PS...The PowderBlues works no matter where they are. They arent changing their colors so id keep the name of the forum and im keeping my Avatar.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-03-2016, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• KNSD
                  Registered Charger Hater
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Add an Aztecs sub category so I can still post about football. Will probably get more into the Padres as well.

In any case +1 Fleet. Thanks for all the effort from you and the mods.
                  Prediction:
                  Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                  Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                  Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                    Add an Aztecs sub category so I can still post about football. Will probably get more into the Padres as well.

AzPads rule.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post

I second what KNSD says about the Padres and Aztecs. Oh, and don't forget about the other stuff like movies and TV, etc... i love those things.
                      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

"San Diego Chapter"

or maybe go with the bare ass chaps look Prince used to favor. then write Fuck Spanos on your ass cheeks with Blue & Yellow war paint and get a forum group picture made.
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡