Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
    Payton let Evero go to pursue other opportunities

Some team is going to get a very good DC on the rise

The Chargers have Staley and Renaldo Hill - nobody is calling to interview Hill
    He went to the Panthers.

Payton could go after Steve Wilks, but I heard the 49ers will be in pursuit of him.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Broncos are a mess. They look a lot like the Saints when Payton bailed on them. Not so sure Payton is going to do an Andy Reid in Denver. And it bears watching what kind of assistants hitch to his wagon. Who is going to be the DC? He let a budding superstar out of the building. Why? The narrative by many out there is this is all about money for Payton. Reminds me of Urban Meyer in that regard.

Payton is low on ethics and integrity and high on Payton.

Not that long ago he was accused of stealing pain killers from the Saints' training staff and considered to have an addiction. Or did we forget about that? He was 'convicted' (by the NFL) of overseeing a program that financially rewarded his players for injuring key opposing players and was suspended an entire season Or did we forget about that? He was accused by multiple players and media members of being under the influence in the locker room. Maybe we forgot that, too? And let us not forget that when the mess he helped make of the Saints roster/salary cap got too tough, he walked away.
      It's a lot to forget.

TG

Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        Broncos are a mess. They look a lot like the Saints when Payton bailed on them. Not so sure Payton is going to do an Andy Reid in Denver. And it bears watching what kind of assistants hitch to his wagon. Who is going to be the DC? He let a budding superstar out of the building. Why? The narrative by many out there is this is all about money for Payton. Reminds me of Urban Meyer in that regard.

Not that long ago he was accused of stealing pain killers from the Saints' training staff and considered to have an addiction. Or did we forget about that? He was 'convicted' (by the NFL) of overseeing a program that financially rewarded his players for injuring key opposing players and was suspended an entire season Or did we forget about that? He was accused by multiple players and media members of being under the influence in the locker room. Maybe we forgot that, too? And let us not forget that when the mess he helped make of the Saints roster/salary cap got too tough, he walked away.
        It's a lot to forget.

TG
        Payton is a good coach and an upgrade over what they had. He does inherit a mess and is kind of creating more of one. I can't fathom why he'd let Evero go as he was a great DC. I get wanting your own guys and your own systems but Evero had that D playing well. He is banking everything on being able to salvage Wilson and I guess if anyone can, he can but I'm not sure how much Wilson has left.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Payton is a good coach and an upgrade over what they had. He does inherit a mess and is kind of creating more of one. I can't fathom why he'd let Evero go as he was a great DC. I get wanting your own guys and your own systems but Evero had that D playing well. He is banking everything on being able to salvage Wilson and I guess if anyone can, he can but I'm not sure how much Wilson has left.
          I'd also like to point out that Hackett when he was an OC at GB, he didn't call the plays. LaFluer did so I know we didn't hire him but some here wanted to.
          We'll see how shitty he does, where ever he went as an OC.

As for Payton, I've said I'd rather have Harbaugh but pretty sure we won't get him even if Staley gets fired.
          So I just hope Staley learns fast in his third season.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He's at the very least competent.
            He'll hire competent assistant coaches and they'll know how to teach their underlings how to correctly prepare the players within their system.

A coach like Willhoit would have succeeded under a competent DC.

If some star players are not on board or are inattentive, Payton can get rid of them: he doesn't need to butter up to them like Staley.

Curious, what do you base the bolded statement on? Willhoit was so buried by this team that other than the occasional praise from Staley, I am not sure what to make of him. I was surprised he got fired but I honestly don't know much about him. Didn't seem like the defensive issues were his fault. Tranquil looked really good this year but Murray was up and down. There was a nice quote from Gilman after he got the ax, is that what you are basing this on? You are saying Willhoit was not a good coach here because of Hill/Staley but will be good under better coaches; just curious how you make that conclusion.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Yes, but honest Sean said he was bringing Fangio to whatever team hired him. So, overlooking his incorrect promise, it would logically follow that Payton at least would install the Fangio defense. He had a young, talented Fangio disciple on staff already who the defense played their hearts out for. I hope Payton changes the defensive system. That would be great.

TG

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
                The Donks will be a better team with Peyton, but in reality that is a good thing. Beating mediocre teams in our division isn't going to get us to the SB. Competition against good teams is required to make this team grow and excel. A SB ring is the goal, here, not the frickin playoffs.
                well the chiefs are dominitating the AFC West for since Reid took over. And have been to 2 SBs, winning 1. I dont give credence to beating bad teams makes you an inferior PO team. Of course the better comp would be the cheatriots in their shit division and however gazillion POs and SBs they won. You can only play the games you're dealt. Heck better to make the POs then to sit at home making babies every offseason (cough...Philip RIvers lol!)

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Florida fan View Post
                  Denver’s no problem, we beat them once last year. It’s not like they hired an Experienced HC who has won a superbowl and made the P.O. many time. It’s not like they Have an Experienced QB who has been coached by one of the smartest Collage and NFL Coaches. It’s not like he’s been to a few superbowls or won one. It’s not like they have owners who will do anything to win.

No comparison, We not only have the best HC ever and a superb experienced QB who has been to P.O., not to mention the worlds best defense that would never let a team comeback from a 27 point deficit in just a little over a half.

We got this, no chance we don’t win every game.

Payton Who? Reid Who?

I mean if for some reason it doesn’t work out, I’m sure Bellicheat would come rescue Chargers
                  On the old CMB this would be in green font lol! But I wish it werent the case!

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Yes, but honest Sean said he was bringing Fangio to whatever team hired him. So, overlooking his incorrect promise, it would logically follow that Payton at least would install the Fangio defense. He had a young, talented Fangio disciple on staff already who the defense played their hearts out for. I hope Payton changes the defensive system. That would be great.

TG
                    I'm sure Fangio would have had a hard time going back to Denver after getting canned from their.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I think he verbally committed to Miami before Payton got hired. But who knows?

TG

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

well the chiefs are dominitating the AFC West for since Reid took over. And have been to 2 SBs, winning 1. I dont give credence to beating bad teams makes you an inferior PO team.
                        Not his first 3 years in KC though. But yeah it's sickening how they win the AFC West all time. After Arian Foster said that the league is scripted and gives scripts to players I believe he's on to something.

I don't give credence to the competition thing either. That's only a thing from fans.​

He had a young, talented Fangio disciple on staff already who the defense played their hearts out for. I hope Payton changes the defensive system. That would be great.

TG
                        He's fielded bad defenses in New Orleans before.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

It's a lot to forget.

TG
                          :toyou:
                          .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                          .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                          .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                          .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                          .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                          .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                          .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                          .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                          .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢