• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Yes, but honest Sean said he was bringing Fangio to whatever team hired him. So, overlooking his incorrect promise, it would logically follow that Payton at least would install the Fangio defense. He had a young, talented Fangio disciple on staff already who the defense played their hearts out for. I hope Payton changes the defensive system. That would be great.

TG
    Fangio’s scheme has been solved, bring it on.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Broncos are a mess. They look a lot like the Saints when Payton bailed on them. Not so sure Payton is going to do an Andy Reid in Denver. And it bears watching what kind of assistants hitch to his wagon. Who is going to be the DC? He let a budding superstar out of the building. Why? The narrative by many out there is this is all about money for Payton. Reminds me of Urban Meyer in that regard.

Payton is low on ethics and integrity and high on Payton.

Not that long ago he was accused of stealing pain killers from the Saints' training staff and considered to have an addiction. Or did we forget about that? He was 'convicted' (by the NFL) of overseeing a program that financially rewarded his players for injuring key opposing players and was suspended an entire season Or did we forget about that? He was accused by multiple players and media members of being under the influence in the locker room. Maybe we forgot that, too? And let us not forget that when the mess he helped make of the Saints roster/salary cap got too tough, he walked away.
      It's a lot to forget.

TG
      Years of being competitive (no high draft picks), chasing championships (FA pushes) will eventually catch up to you and cause roster/cap issues.

Sure beats 2 playoff wins in a decade.

I won't condone Bountygate but I'm also not naive enough to think that teams aren't pulling out all the stops to try to get an edge and sometimes I'm sure this crosses the border into unethical practices.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Broncos are a mess. They look a lot like the Saints when Payton bailed on them. Not so sure Payton is going to do an Andy Reid in Denver. And it bears watching what kind of assistants hitch to his wagon. Who is going to be the DC? He let a budding superstar out of the building. Why? The narrative by many out there is this is all about money for Payton. Reminds me of Urban Meyer in that regard.

Payton is low on ethics and integrity and high on Payton.

Not that long ago he was accused of stealing pain killers from the Saints' training staff and considered to have an addiction. Or did we forget about that? He was 'convicted' (by the NFL) of overseeing a program that financially rewarded his players for injuring key opposing players and was suspended an entire season Or did we forget about that? He was accused by multiple players and media members of being under the influence in the locker room. Maybe we forgot that, too? And let us not forget that when the mess he helped make of the Saints roster/salary cap got too tough, he walked away.
        It's a lot to forget.

TG
        I remember all of those. So what? He didn’t forget how to coach.

Melvin Gordon had a lot of good things to say about the pairing of Payton and Wilson. Worth a listen.

I for one will never dismiss another team before the season has even started. In fact, I bet all of our division rivals come back better next year and more difficult to beat.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Melvin Gordon had a lot of good things to say about the pairing of Payton and Wilson. Worth a listen.

https://twitter.com/koacolorado/stat...Gh1s_6HXoqWabQ

I for one will never dismiss another team before the season has even started. In fact, I bet all of our division rivals come back better next year and more difficult to beat.
          Right now it's mostly fantasy. We won't know much about teams with new coaches or QBs until we're a few games into the season.
          * Melvin thought he was a great RB too.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Even the Chargers?
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Even the Chargers?
              Hahahahahaha!

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Even the Chargers?
                Only the Chargers in most cases here.

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

* Melvin thought he was a great RB too.
                  now he's on KC's practice squad but from what I read will probably not be activated cuz CEH is coming back from inijury. no SB for lil mel.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                    now he's on KC's practice squad but from what I read will probably not be activated cuz CEH is coming back from inijury. no SB for lil mel.
                    Do you get a ring as a practice squad player if you have never been elevated to the active roster?

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I read that Melvin had to fill out some paperwork by yesterday to get activated but he dropped the ball.

Is this thing on?

Anyone out there?

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Do you get a ring as a practice squad player if you have never been elevated to the active roster?
                        dunno. from what I gather I dont think so.

I read that Melvin had to fill out some paperwork by yesterday to get activated but he dropped the ball.

Is this thing on?
                        ​LOUD and CLEAR LOL! Then I think he fumbled it again trying to pick it up!​

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

PS players and executives.
                          Depending on the owners, headquarters people can get one too.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍