Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Look up the actual percentage of donations that truly go to the needy.Sad times.

http://templestream.blogspot.com/201...charities.html
    Greed is a nasty thing.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Payton has assembled a very uninspiring coaching staff. You would think great assistants would jump at the chance to coach and learn under him. Westhoff was once a really good coach but he is approaching 80 years old by now I think. Manusky is another relic and has been so invisible I thought he no longer was coaching. And Lombardi and Joseph are both multiple time failures.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

I never saw the exact compensation that the Broncos owe the Saints for Payton.

What did it turn out to be? And thanks for not making me read through 50 pages to find out!)

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Look up the actual percentage of donations that truly go to the needy.Sad times.

http://templestream.blogspot.com/201...charities.html
          This is why I do the following:

When Girl Scouts are selling cookies outside the grocery store, I make eye contact with the adult supervisor first, then ask the girls how much a box of cookies costs. They tell me four dollars. I ask them how much money from each box of cookies their troop gets.

Sometimes, the girls know the answer: it's like, 37 cents. The rest of the profits go to the Girl Scouts of America corporate office, to pay executive bonuses, among other things.

So I put a quizzical look on my face and say, "So... if I just give you 3 dollars, your troop would be getting as much money as if I bought, like, eight boxes of cookies, right?" The girls usually aren't quite certain what to say.

Then I look at the adult supervisor and ask if it would be okay to just give the troop $3. It always is.

Put the money at the source, when you can.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Payton has assembled a very uninspiring coaching staff. You would think great assistants would jump at the chance to coach and learn under him. Westhoff was once a really good coach but he is approaching 80 years old by now I think. Manusky is another relic and has been so invisible I thought he no longer was coaching. And Lombardi and Joseph are both multiple time failures.

TG
            So Lombo would still.be with us had we fired Staley and hired Payton.

For me if we move on from Staley, I'd rather have Harbaugh but again, I don't think hiring a HC of their caliber will never happen with Dean here.
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
            225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

When Girl Scouts are selling cookies outside the grocery store, I make eye contact with the adult supervisor first, then ask the girls how much a box of cookies costs. They tell me four dollars. I ask them how much money from each box of cookies their troop gets.

Sometimes, the girls know the answer: it's like, 37 cents. The rest of the profits go to the Girl Scouts of America corporate office, to pay executive bonuses, among other things.

So I put a quizzical look on my face and say, "So... if I just give you 3 dollars, your troop would be getting as much money as if I bought, like, eight boxes of cookies, right?" The girls usually aren't quite certain what to say.

Then I look at the adult supervisor and ask if it would be okay to just give the troop $3. It always is.

And NO, I don't talk to the kids in Hacksaw's voice.

These girls are getting hosed by the GSA corporate office! REACTION! El Segundo! Is 37 cents per box slave labor?!? Pacoima! EYYYYE wanna talk to EWE!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

And NO, I don't talk to the kids in Hacksaw's voice.

These girls are getting hosed by the GSA corporate office! REACTION! El Segundo! Is 37 cents per box slave labor?!? Pacoima! EYYYYE wanna talk to EWE!
                Funny you say that. I worked with a guy whose wife was sort of the in the corporate sector of the girl scouts,...perhaps not that high but she knew how it worked.
                He said there's a lot of corruption money & thieving.likenwith bonuses and other BS.

His wife ended up quitting because of it. So that's why I never buy girl scout cookies.
                11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Funny you say that. I worked with a guy whose wife was sort of the in the corporate sector of the girl scouts,...perhaps not that high but she knew how it worked.
                  He said there's a lot of corruption money & thieving.likenwith bonuses and other BS.

His wife ended up quitting because of it. So that's why I never buy girl scout cookies.
                  We not only need to be wise consumers, but wise donors.

That's... if we don't want our donations misused and redirected.
                  Last edited by Ghost of Quacksaw; 02-27-2023, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2021
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

They are actually $6 a box this year

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

Yes, but the boxes are smaller so it all evens out.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

That must mean that the girl scout troop's take is up to 41 cents per box. <coff!>

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

I'll change the math, but I'm still only giving them three bucks cash!

I'm not getting any fucking cookies out of the deal, after all! lol

Comment

Working...
                          X