• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

his answer about speed might have been the worst answer of the day actually. the chargers didn't have explosive plays ijn the run game either.

If they keep Allen, I think this is his last year with the team - his salary next year goes up to $23m , cap hit as of today is closer to $26m for next year. - so if you keep him this year but push out money - for sure next year, he is gone. and if you do lower his cap number this year unless he takes a pay cut - just creates a large dead cap number next year

if Popper is right about exploring the trade market last year - that is pretty telling how they view him longer term.
    I don't know about that but what I see is Staley fired 2 assistants on offense, one being his OC. He needs to pick the right guy here.

Clearly he wants the offense to be better and you don't do that by creating holes at WR.

Yes we can draft one and hope they are good but they won't be as good as Keenan or MW in year 1 from the get go and Staley has to produce next season or he is gone.

Aaron Rodgers rookie reciever Watson did great but it took him half the season to catch on and they sucked til they started gelling.

He must have some of plan on defense to only let go of the LB coach.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-18-2023, 04:41 PM.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
      Let's do this!
      • Aug 2022
      • Raleigh N. Carolina
      • Send PM

I just that the LB coach was also let go.

Didn't realize that...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        I just don’t see Keenan agreeing to a pay cut. And I also don’t see the Chargers moving on from him. He is the longest tenured Bolt and highly revered in that locker room. And his play has not declined. He missed a lot of time with the injury but his play was high level when he came back. Lastly, whoever the new OC is will really need Allen in his year one. Allen is so smart and can really be deployed by a good OC.

TG
        Allen is very much worth a restructure, and it’s not like his contract has that many years left on it, it’s worth taking a slightly larger dead cap later…

the salary he makes is in proportion to both the impact he has on our offense and the how he grades out with other players of his caliber around the NFL, if you won’t pay a KA type, then who?

cutting fieler and hopkins saves 9mil in cap right off, trading or restructuring joey adds 20 mil to cap…

extending michael davis and ekeler would add an additional 9-11mil in cap space

if you guys buy into the bullshit that the chargers need to let pipkins and tranquill walk due to cap space then the spanos family have a bridge they’d like to sell you…don’t buy that bridge!

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• el_jefe999
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

I think Salyer deservers the opportunity to replace Feiler at guard meaning resign pipkins and you have your entire line set which would be a nice way to start the offseason.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

one of Keenan or Mike gotta go.

you can't bring both of the same slow fucks back for another failure.

id easily trade both of them for Tyreek or Deebo type of player.

actual play makers that make a real difference on the field

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Ontario , Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

Yup. MW is ok but not a real #1 burner. They like the rangy WRs who can win jump balls in the EZ but are not that good at just beating people on the go routes. Problem is the get fkd up doing that w injuries like MW this year.

We looked good a few years ago w Guyton and that other burner they let go. Herbert just tossing up 70 yd bombs like he should be . We need to add a few of those.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

Yup. MW is ok but not a real #1 burner. They like the rangy WRs who can win jump balls in the EZ but are not that good at just beating people on the go routes. Problem is the get fkd up doing that w injuries like MW this year.

We looked good a few years ago w Guyton and that other burner they let go. Herbert just tossing up 70 yd bombs like he should be . We need to add a few of those.
                uhh ohhhhhhhhh....
                Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Ontario , Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

uhh ohhhhhhhhh....
                  The WR was Tyron Johnson. 19.9 ypc . Like Guyton he was catching bombs when they let Herbert loose. Add another WR like that

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

M Williams was a what, 4.51 combine 40? Deebo Samuels was 4.48. The 0.03 makes Williams slow?

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

M Williams was a what, 4.51 combine 40? Deebo Samuels was 4.48. The 0.03 makes Williams slow?

TG
                      Deebo is not considered a fast WR, In fact as a WR Deebo is rather limited. His value is in running the football both as a runner
                      and after the catch. Part of that has to do with the fact that he's pretty damn strong, especially his lower half. MW is quite a different
                      receiver than Deebo. Speed or lack of has nothing to do with it. Personally I don't care if the receiver is a burner. Rice wasn't.
                      What is important for any receiver is to get separation. The only receiver we have that does that is Allen, and that's only when
                      he faces zone coverage.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

TG
                        When I think of speed - its just not time, its explosive ness. But when I see Stephon Diggs - he catches everything, short, medium and can get behind the CB. The Chargers need a guy or two that can get behind the DBs. Lombo dialed up a couple of deep plays - its obvious how Herbert was looking downfield, nobody open.

I am listening to Telesco now in his presser and its kind of the same Staley said. Actions will speak louder than words. That speed or explosive players isn't all about40 time.

I am not sure how fast Tony Martin was but that guy for that one year, made big plays. Palmer hasn't shown that yet, Williams does at times and Allen probably doesn't have the ability anymore. Telesco needs to find that kind of player

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Deebo is not considered a fast WR, In fact as a WR Deebo is rather limited. His value is in running the football both as a runner
                          and after the catch. Part of that has to do with the fact that he's pretty damn strong, especially his lower half. MW is quite a different
                          receiver than Deebo. Speed or lack of has nothing to do with it. Personally I don't care if the receiver is a burner. Rice wasn't.
                          What is important for any receiver is to get separation. The only receiver we have that does that is Allen, and that's only when
                          he faces zone coverage.
                          He used to get that separation even in press coverage. But he has had no drop off according to most here. maybe DBs are better, they understand him better, I don’t know. Its not a drop off though, I read that here.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X