• Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    And cap space is an issue, too.
    A real-time breakdown of the Los Angeles Chargers 2023 salary cap, including salaries, bonuses, reserve lists, dead cap, cap space and more.

Spotrac has us @$10.6 million over the cap.
    OTC has us @$19.8 million over the cap.
    I'm not exactly sure why there is such a difference. Rumor has it that the salary cap will go up by about $9 million next year. Maybe Spotrac has figured that in already...?
    In any case, there will have to be re-structures, cuts, and extensions to get under the cap, have money to pay the rookie class, and have money left for in-season signings due to injury.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

We need a center of the future and a LG, Fieler is a URFA iirc.
      Feiler is signed for next year. But his salary cap hit is @$8.5 million for next year. The Chargers can cut him and save $6.5 million against the cap. $2 million of the $8.5 million is guaranteed (a signing bonus previously paid) so $2 million will be the dead cap cost of that particular cut.

All of the players' salaries are listed on my previous links.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Only way to deal with the pain for me is insane hours of obsessive draft/personnel study.

It did not take too long to get over this latest Charger stunner.

We should all be angry and resolved moving forward.

No scapegoats because it took a team effort to lose the Jags game.

I feel fortunate to not have lived in SoCal for 45 years, as it would all be too, too personal and emotional.

Throw in a dose of Dodgers vs Padres.

Here's one...what if Seidler owned the Chargers ?
        15 yards for taunting...
        That would be awesome, though!

I think Seidler is focused on bringing MLS to San Diego right now.
        He's the right guy to team up with the Aztecs (in regards to MLS).
        SnapDragon Stadium is the perfect size to accommodate both organizations.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

keeping/$17m >> Van Noy/$2m, Callahan/$6m, Fox/$2m, Deandre Carter/$2m, JK Scott/$1m, Guyton/$1m, Fehoko/$1m, Dicker/$1m and Parham/$1m
          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
            think you take the post June 1 cap hit on Dustin Hopkins, and thought we would need to restructure Feiler, but won't be surprised if we keep him as is, and as....

the two chief offseason tasks as related to the cap are re: Bosa 'n JC Jack, and as we need to somehow move on from the both of 'em.

some peoples have suggested trading Bosa, and my follow up was for a third and a sixth to the NY Giants ??

and some others have suggested there might be a legal loophole/out w/the JC Jack contract ??

that would be a $50m savings between the two of 'em....

ps. a third and a sixth could get you two of the three of Will McDonald, Brenton Cox and/or YaYa Diaby.
            RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• DennisR91
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2021
              • Send PM

A lot of post people want speed at wr

that 2020 wr squad looked headed in the right direction

i don’t know who designed that And don’t know why it changed so much the next year that went from 6 to 5 wr

i think it’s better 6 wr vs 3qb

because the wr depth you know it’s a passing league and if you rotate good then the opposing Cb has to compensate because the rotational wr 3 and 4 have different moves/footwork

also keeps all wr fresh and every now and then maybe you find a good matchup created from the depth of wr

im trying to think of being efficient and what 2 or three moves /upgrades would help the team the most and I’m leaning towards all offense upgrades because
              the o seems deficient that it affects the defense. Kind of Like of 2006 bears except our defense not as strong as theirs well almost because the d almost won that jags game for us

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

think you take the post June 1 cap hit on Dustin Hopkins, and thought we would need to restructure Feiler, but won't be surprised if we keep him as is, and as....

the two chief offseason tasks as related to the cap are re: Bosa 'n JC Jack, and as we need to somehow move on from the both of 'em.

some peoples have suggested trading Bosa, and my follow up was for a third and a sixth to the NY Giants ??

and some others have suggested there might be a legal loophole/out w/the JC Jack contract ??

ps. a third and a sixth could get you two of the three of Will McDonald, Brenton Cox and/or YaYa Diaby.
                If you look at Over The Cap website, there is a lot of potential to fix the cap via some simple restructuring. (https://overthecap.com/restructure). It's not a route the Chargers typically use, and I don't expect to see them maximize the amount of space that way, but they have the option. To a degree, that is like paying with a credit card.

At some point, turning guys balloon salaries as a bonus is delaying the cap hit for later. However, it can be useful if done somewhat selectively, and we could give us up to $37 mill in cap space, so that could be useful. But it gets us some space without any pain of losing players. There almost certainly will be some cap-saving cuts, but we don't have to gut the roster to do it unless they want to.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                  Dea Spanos my HERO
                  • Dec 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

This is bugging the royal shit out of me. How the hell does anyone get arrested in PROBATE Court (matters of estate, wills, conservatorships) ? I just finished a rather expensive Probate case that went to trial and wondered what could I have done to get arrested for a non-violent offense ? It makes no sense.

I've asked a civil research attorney on the forum and they were perplexed as well. Maybe the probate court doubles as a family court ?

Comment

• Eurobolt
                    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

NO was what? 80 mils over cap? I am not worried about cap if NO could do this last year we can just pay more in guaranteed mony when restructuring... Oh wait... Spanos... Ye we have a problem now.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                      Dea Spanos my HERO
                      • Dec 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      Only way to deal with the pain for me is insane hours of obsessive draft/personnel study.

It did not take too long to get over this latest Charger stunner.

We should all be angry and resolved moving forward.

No scapegoats because it took a team effort to lose the Jags game.

I feel fortunate to not have lived in SoCal for 45 years, as it would all be too, too personal and emotional.

Throw in a dose of Dodgers vs Padres.

Here's one...what if Seidler owned the Chargers ?
                      We get numb to it all and yet we still crawl back on bloodied knees and I live here in the county. It was normal to be angry for a week over a loss yet in 24 hours I was ok as though nothing happened. You get over a season faster. Since they left San Diego it's super fast so in a way they did me a favor if that makes sense.

Good thing Snapdragon was built to accommodate seating expansion to meet NFL standards - hint hint hint

Comment

• SK21209
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2020
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

Trading Bosa for cap relief would be monumentally stupid.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                          Dea Spanos my HERO
                          • Dec 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

This is bugging the royal shit out of me. How the hell does anyone get arrested in PROBATE Court (matters of estate, wills, conservatorships) ? I just finished a rather expensive Probate case that went to trial and wondered what could I have done to get arrested for a non-violent offense ? It makes no sense.

I've asked a civil research attorney on the forum and they were perplexed as well. Maybe the probate court doubles as a family court ?
                          Mystery solved .... JC Jackson was arrested here:

The Bristol Probate and Family Court in Fall River serves all the cities and towns in Bristol County.

Lazy reporters only stating JC Jackson was arrested in "probate" court when it is a family court as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X