• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    You don't have a fire sale one year after opening the check book. No! Just no! Lots of options to make cap space without trading a talent and creating holes that then need to be filled in the draft or free agency. Trading a high salary player to make cap room only to spend cap or draft capitol to fill the hole created is stupid. In some cases you will not replace the talent you lose.
    I don't think releasing or trading Keenan Allen at this point of his career is a fire-sale.

Bosa - again, jsut seeing what hte market has to offer.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Are you telling me that our streak of 5 time off-season champs is coming to an end???
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
        Are you telling me that our streak of 5 time off-season champs is coming to an end???
        Sadly, our off-season 'dynasty' seems to be coming to an end.

I think the organization is going to have a bleak 2023 season. Staley will be back; Telesco will be back; the cap is not in our favor. Probably the best we can hope for is re-signing a few of our own FAs; maybe an impact player in the 1st round; a couple of bargain FAs. That's about it. Best case scenario is that Payton takes another year off and we're in the mix for his services next year at this time.

Back to irrelevance for us.

Comment

• SK21209
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2020
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
          You don't have a fire sale one year after opening the check book. No! Just no! Lots of options to make cap space without trading a talent and creating holes that then need to be filled in the draft or free agency. Trading a high salary player to make cap room only to spend cap or draft capitol to fill the hole created is stupid. In some cases you will not replace the talent you lose.
          Seriously. We don't have the luxury of moving on from Keenan. We've all complained about our receiving corps all year and now we want to cut the one guy that can actually get open because he doesn't get quite as open as he did when he was 25? That's incredibly stupid. Maybe if Olave or Jameson Williams had fallen to us in the last draft we'd be in a place to move on from Keenan, but we are not in that place now. What we probably need to do is invest a 1st or 2nd rounder in a receiver this year and move on from Keenan next year.

It's not hard to game the salary cap if you're willing to do so (which we should be). Cutting Feiler and a few restructures should get us there.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

Seriously. We don't have the luxury of moving on from Keenan. We've all complained about our receiving corps all year and now we want to cut the one guy that can actually get open because he doesn't get quite as open as he did when he was 25? That's incredibly stupid. Maybe if Olave or Jameson Williams had fallen to us in the last draft we'd be in a place to move on from Keenan, but we are not in that place now. What we probably need to do is invest a 1st or 2nd rounder in a receiver this year and move on from Keenan next year.

It's not hard to game the salary cap if you're willing to do so (which we should be). Cutting Feiler and a few restructures should get us there.
            Keenan had 66 catches in 9 games after coming back from his hammy. If you extrapolate that to 17 games, that would be 124 catches. Yes he is another year older and older players do get hurt, but he has never been a speed guy so it's not like he is suddenly going to wake up much slower than he is. I can see why we'd move on due to his contract, but he isn't that old and he is still about the best route running WR in the league - that would leave another hole on the roster in an area we already have holes in.

Comment

• cmplxgal
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • New Jersey
              • Send PM

The Chargers re-signed 12 of the 16 players on their practice squad:

Not re-signed, at least not yet: WR Joe Reed, WR Jason Moore​, DT Aaron Crawford, EDGE Jeremiah Attaochu​.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                Not re-signed, at least not yet: WR Joe Reed, WR Jason Moore​, DT Aaron Crawford, EDGE Jeremiah Attaochu​.
                Let every one of those guys, along with Bandy go.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • New Jersey
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Reed didn't get a chance this season. Is he just not NFL quality?

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    I've been consistent in my opinion since Herbert made his debut in week 2 of 2020.
                    SPEED RECEIVER.
                    Although I'm going to start using the term, "explosive" receiver, after playing the semantics game earlier this season.
                    The NFL today is basically daring a team to dominate games with an elite QB/WR combo.
                    Cincinnati is the closest thing it has to that.
                    point is, we need explosive weapons that when thrown to by elite arm-talent, are indefensible (not sure if I'm using that word correctly there---you know what I mean! Ha).
                    WTF would Chase look like in bolts!? Unstoppable. Tell me I'm lying.
                    So there are no Chases available, but there will be some very explosive wide receivers available and they are my priority.
                    You will magically see a run game appear also, imo.
                    LFG 2023!!

Edit: if somehow we can pull off a trade for DK Metcalf for BOSA plus picks. DKM is basically the perfect weapon for Herb minus the 2 cent head.
                    There fixed it for ya, and yes it would get rid of our 2 cent head as well.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

There fixed it for ya, and yes it would get rid of our 2 cent head as well.
                      DK Metcalf is not realistic trade option for the Seahawks from a cap perspective.

I look at teams like the Browns or Bears for Bosa.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

DK Metcalf is not realistic trade option for the Seahawks from a cap perspective.

I look at teams like the Browns or Bears for Bosa.
                        Somewhere....anywhere is fine with me. Net a couple of picks for him and be done with what I see is an over rated football player with no ability to play a full season.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Bandy and Jason Moore experiments should be over. I hope.

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X