Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I would say that Derwin has some very good to elite moments, is mostly very solid, but I just shake my head at his occasional whiffs...not at a Launchwhiffy level, but u expect more of a guy raking in the megabucks he makes...
    Exactly.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

K9 just isn’t a smart football player. I’m not biggest fan of S2 but LB position requires read/diagnosis, reaction. This is why Tarzan plays like Jane. I don’t fault him, I fault Telesco and his analytics scouting department who thought it was a good idea, to trade up into first.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

I would say that Derwin has some very good to elite moments, is mostly very solid, but I just shake my head at his occasional whiffs...not at a Launchwhiffy level, but u expect more of a guy raking in the megabucks he makes...
        We should expect more from Bosa to be getting numbers like his brother but we aren't. Don't see anybody talking about him. I mean sure we talked about trading him but his play hasn't been as good as Derwin's imo....and he misses too many games.
        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
        181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
        225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We should expect more from Bosa to be getting numbers like his brother but we aren't. Don't see anybody talking about him. I mean sure we talked about trading him but his play hasn't been as good as Derwin's imo....and he misses too many games.
          Agree. He’s the #1 poster boy for not playing up to his pay

Comment

• C’monchargers
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            The first play of this vid might help explain why they didn't bring Tranquill back. Derwin whiffed too.

Check out our other channels:NFL Mundo https://www.youtube.com/mundonflNFL Brasil https://www.youtube.com/c/NFLBrasilOficialNFL UK https://www.youtube.com/ch...

No, this play at 7:41 did.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

I'll guess that with Kendricks and maybe Henley in there, Derwin's whiffs will decrease...
              Lol, oh you guys and your exaggerations. Derwin is a solid tackler, he had 105 tackles last year. Whiffs will decrease, oh my! Such jokester!
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• C’monchargers
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Imo I think the Darwin James situation is a little catch 22. I feel as the chargers have a little identity crisis with DJ. Coming out of college, he was consider a top notch secondary prospect, who can play at the line of scrimmage and drop back into coverage. When the chargers drafted him, they try to play him like a cam chancellor but with considerable coverage responsibility and also responsible for run support. Imagine, you dropped back as a cover 2, moving away from the LOS and there is a run play; how far he would have to travel to close on the Rb and how much that takes a toll on the body. Basically he is running full speed to meet the RB, and he is not shy from bringing the wood. Also, the further he drops back, the more vertical his recovery is going to be to get back to the ball, which creates a non favorable angle to begin with.

Therefore, personally I think they should give him a more defined role, so he can focus more on coverage or run support as the play is called and situate him properly. Otherwise, we would just have another Bob Sanders on hand, and they need to avoid that.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yep...Bosa is not really elite...as long as there's Mack on the other side, he's very good, though...

Comment

• C’monchargers
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Yep...Bosa is not really elite...as long as there's Mack on the other side, he's very good, though...
                    They should play JB out of a 3 point stance, period. Edge or olb in 3-4 alignment usually rely more in suddenness out of their stance, shimmy and hand fight, then go. Joey is very powerful coming out of that 3 point stance and move with good finess. Imo, His style isnt the quick, shimmy type. Like lights out use to be. First off, very few players gets off the line quite like lights out. He has a knack for catching the snap count and beat everybody off the line, offensive and defensive side. Often you see when the ball snaps, he is the first one to move and that’s a regular occurrence.

I would say, if the chargers play Joey like a Jared Allen, we would see his full potential and to judge just how good he really is.
                    Last edited by C’monchargers; 05-27-2023, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Agree. He’s the #1 poster boy for not playing up to his pay
                      He;s overrated - he is not close to his brother, TJ Watt, or Chris Jones in terms of impact on a football game

He is closer to Brandon Graham or just a solid DE. Its time for Joey to put up or shut up. I would have traded him this offseason - see what the market had for him. WE know this year he is going to have a few critical penalties - still jumps offside way too much

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He;s overrated - he is not close to his brother, TJ Watt, or Chris Jones in terms of impact on a football game

He is closer to Brandon Graham or just a solid DE. Its time for Joey to put up or shut up. I would have traded him this offseason - see what the market had for him. WE know this year he is going to have a few critical penalties - still jumps offside way too much
                        If TT would have shopped Joey around, then Bosa might well have whined and pouted and pulled a Gordon...remember, Joey DID pull a holdout before signing with the Bolts after he got drafted...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

If TT would have shopped Joey around, then Bosa might well have whined and pouted and pulled a Gordon...remember, Joey DID pull a holdout before signing with the Bolts after he got drafted...
                          WEre draft picks slotted at the time Bosa held out
                          cannot recall

I still have my theory why Deano didn't sign him on time to get him ready for training camp - where he eventually got hurt and missed part of the season

Comment

Working...
                          X